Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Sapien said:
    My point is, that which you present is coherent with what the Bible says concerning God - which is quite different.
    Well, that will do for me. :)

But I'm confused as to the practical difference between me presenting an accurate account of what the Bible says about God, and a picture that is coherent with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

wolfsbane wrote:
    Well, that will do for me. :)

But I'm confused as to the practical difference between me presenting an accurate account of what the Bible says about God, and a picture that is coherent with it.
    You are inventing a magical character to elaborate the god of the bible. You may attribute anything to it, and so long as it doesn't contradict your text, you are fine. To say that this is accuracy is to miss a semantic note.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Sapien said:
    You are inventing a magical character to elaborate the god of the bible. You may attribute anything to it, and so long as it doesn't contradict your text, you are fine. To say that this is accuracy is to miss a semantic note.
    Ahh, I see what you are saying.

There is always a danger of mere speculation, of course. But I hope any claims I have made are not only not contradicted by the Bible, but are in fact specifically stated there - or at the least plain deductions from its assertions.

Maybe you can point out any that don't fit this criteria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

wolfsbane wrote:
    Maybe you can point out any that don't fit this criteria?
    I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

A reminder of the danger of teleology: chimps more evolved than humans.

(Not a spoof...this time!)

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

I go away for a two week sabbatical on the Continent – and the thread goes into overdrive – it’s taken me several days to catch up again!!!!

Wicknight
    "Spontaneous morphing".... is that like the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers?

*sigh* ... JC you are an idiot

…….but I’m NOT the guy claiming that Humans spontaneously evolved from muck……. You are!!!

“sigh” .... Wicknight you are a genius !!!!!!:D

Scofflaw
    What you believe to be the "theory of evolution" looks nothing like the scientific theory that goes by the same name.

…….OK, so do enlighten me by telling me what exactly the ‘scientific theory of evolution’ looks like.

stevejazzx
    You are honestly enquiring as to why scientists are not rolling around in vats of mutagenic chemicals? Honestly?

…… I would indeed expect that EVOLUTIONISTS would be very interested in ‘exploring’ what I presume what they regard as the positive effects of mutagenesis – after all, they seem to believe that it has the capacity to ‘change muck into Man’ – and something as supposedly ‘positive’ and ‘powerful’ as that could be something to be embraced with both hands !!!!!!!!!!!

However, as a Creation Scientist, I would caution that such an ‘embrace with mutagenesis’ is infinitely more likely to result in the ultimate destruction of the aforesaid hands rather that their improvement – because mutations always result in REDUCED genetic information!!!!!:D

Son Goku
    I thought he jumped the shark in season 2 when he announced that ejaculate is God's most magnificent creation.

Whatever about ‘jumping sharks’ – the fact that a single microscopic sperm from a Blue Whale contains half of the information necessary to construct the 100 tonne creature from scratch is indeed an amazing dimension to God’s magnificent creation and information compression!!!:)

pH
    I'm still waiting for J C (or indeed any other creationist) to explain scientifically the presence of Iron (or indeed any star-forged element) on earth.

……and I’m still waiting for an Evolutionist to explain how any heavy element could be ‘forged’ in the super-heated Helium gas cloud explosion that is a supernova!!!!

Originally Posted by pH
    I'm still waiting for J C (or indeed any other creationist) to explain scientifically the presence of Iron (or indeed any star-forged element) on earth.

Originally Posted by Wicknight
    You mean other than the "God put it there for us.." explanation

Scofflaw
    A bit unscientific, though, isn't it?

When an observation fits a hypothesis (as in this case) it is indeed scientifically valid to conclude that a transcendent entity created the heavy elements!!!!

It sure beats the Evolutionist ‘explanation’ that “Iron was ‘forged’ from Hydrogen/Helium GAS”!!!

…and for those dedicated ‘billions of years fossil advocates’ – here is a fossilised (modern) ‘clock in a rock’!!!!!!
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/features/clock-in-rock

Seloth
    Quiet frankly the only people who seem to believe in Creationism are either American or elderly people

I’m neither ‘American’ or ‘Elderly’ – and I don’t believe in Evolutionism!!!!

So, your ‘theory’ is thus scientifically invalidated ………
    ……… just like Evolutionism itself actually!!!!:D

Scofflaw
    The general level of Bible knowledge amongst Christians is very poor, apparently. See this article, for example.

The more interesting points:

"Fewer than half of us can identify Genesis as the first book of the Bible, and only one third know that Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount."

"Approximately 75 percent of adults, according to polls cited by Prothero, mistakenly believe the Bible teaches that "God helps those who help themselves." More than 10 percent think that Noah's wife was Joan of Arc. Only half can name even one of the four Gospels, and -- a finding that will surprise many -- evangelical Christians are only slightly more knowledgeable than their non-evangelical counterparts."

and that is another reason why Wicknight’s advice “to read your Bible” is so important for all Christians !!!!!:D

Wicknight
    Because you are not in the same state you were 5 minutes ago, and you won't be in the same state you are now 5 minutes in the future, your state can change as the present moves. You only exist in the present, you don't exist in the future yet and you don't exist in the past anymore.

……and I can have twenty different emotions SIMULTANEOUSLY at every point in time ……..ditto for God – with bells on it!!!!!!:eek:

Robin
    All the elements of the Earth except hydrogen and some helium have been cooked by a kind of stellar alchemy billions of years ago in stars, some of which are today inconspicuous white dwarfs on the other side of the Milky Way Galaxy. The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of Star Stuff

Humanity is "star stuff contemplating star stuff". Think of it the next time you look up into the sky on a dark, cloudless night.

……..sounds better than “spontaneously morphed muck contemplating star stuff” – but it is equally preposterous!!!!:D

Jakkass
    Just to bring this back to prophecy. I only really expect Christians to answer this question, but do you think that there are prophets among us today?

Yes indeed the gift of Prophecy is possessed by Christians today.

1Cor 12:1-11 confirms that prophecy is one of the gifts that is given to Christians by the Holy Spirit:
    “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
    Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
    Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
    Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
    And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
    And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
    But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”

Peter in Acts 2:17-18 confirms that the gift of prophecy will be particularly prevalent in the church era:
    “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
    And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”

Scofflaw
    the idea of geologists wanting anything to do with Hubble's constant is quite funny. Most geologists study it in the first place to avoid physics.

Creationist Geologists are made of ‘sterner stuff’ – and they DON’T avoid physics – which is actually CRITICAL to the study of the enormous tectonic and fluvial processes that laid down the surface rock strata of the Earth.

Could I gently remind you that the study of the underlying physics of these processes is actually a vitally important component of Geology – and that is another reason why Creationist Geologists don’t believe in the ‘billions of years’ ideas that Evolutionist Geologists continue to confuse themselves with!!!!!

So, Evolutionist Geologists DO need to 'brush up' on their physics !!!!!!:D

Wicknight
    The universe can be modelled quite well right back to the singularity at the heart of the big bang. At this point no valid information from "before" that exists in this universe so we cannot, and possible never will, understand what happened before it or where it came from

Yes, a story of sorts can be told by Materialists – but if people want to know what actually happened Creation Scientists have repeatably observable proof that an infinite omnipotent intelligence created it all!!!!

Wicknight
    Why produce iron on Earth out of nothing and then go to great lengths to structure the laws of the universe so that it looks like the iron on Earth was produced in a star a few billion years ago?

But there is NO repeatably observable evidence that “iron on Earth was produced in a star a few billion years ago”!!!

In fact, the necessity for multiple (co-ordinated) supernovae to collapse a hydrogen nebulae is itself highly improbable and implausible.

Wicknight
    The much more logical and rational conclusion is that things actually are how they appear to be and that God isn't lying to us.

On this we can certainly AGREE!!!
    ……..and everything looks like it was Directly Created – and God told us that everything was Directly Created

……Do you know what I think that you are right Wicknight, and God isn’t lying to us!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Oh great, JC is back to explain to us how children mutate as they grow, that galaxies are really particles of "dust" and how evolution says that mud "spontaneously" turned into a fully developed human

woohoo ... I cannot contain my excitement :rolleyes:

you didn't happen to read a science book by any chance JC while you were on holidays? Leaving Cert biology maybe

pH
    In fact, there must be a lovely analogy to the "argument from design" in all of this. If you find a sandwich on your table when you return home, would you immediately assume that God made it?

The Creationist would say that the sandwich showed unequivocal evidence of Intelligent Design – and so it was made by an intelligent agent – probably another Human.

God COULD have made it but as He has told us that He has ceased his Creation activity and as the scale of the intelligence and creative power required to make a sandwich is so small, it has a probability approaching 1.0 that a Human agent made the sandwich.

In the case of the Universe, God told us that He created it – and scale of the intelligence and creative power required is so enormous, it has a probability approaching 1.0 that an omnipotent and omniscient agent (AKA God) made the Universe!!!:D

Scofflaw
    Every scientific theory can still be tenable in a created universe - even evolution, even abiogenesis.

Yes indeed they can – and ID has been scientifically proven – while ‘big picture’ Evolution and Abiogenesis have been disproven!!!!!

bonkey
    Once you accept that the universe looks like what the scientific model says, then the only reason you;re left with to believe otherwise is because its written in the bible.

…….but the Universe LOOKS LIKE it was Created – and the only reason to believe otherwise is because you wish to believe in a materialistic origin – in spite of all of the evidence being to the contrary.:eek:

FrCrilly
    Creationists say that all fossils of early life are animals who didn’t get on the ark. If that’s true, then why are they all arranged in a time line of evolutionary different layers showing a progression in evolution. Surely if they drowned in the flood they would be randomly scattered around.

One would expect the Flood Process to bury creatures in order of their ‘position’ in the ‘ecological column’ i.e. bottom dwelling creatures and flocculated uni-cells first and active top dwellers last (if at all). Equally, land dwellers would be expected to be buried with slow moving creatures first and more active and intelligent creatures last.
    Palaeontology shows the sequence in which creatures were killed and buried during Noah’s Flood – seafloor dwelling creatures and flocculated plankton first – all the way up to large land animals and birds, that obviously would be last to ‘succumb to the waves’. The extraction of red blood cells and haemoglobin from (unfossilized) dinosaur bone and the extraction of DNA fragments from insects trapped in amber indicates that these creatures were alive very recently indeed. The observed rates of biological degeneration under such conditions would give maximal ages of a few thousand years for these bones / insects.
    The list of species in the so-called Geological Column represents the order of their catastrophic burial in Noah’s Flood.

Strata, which hold the same collection of fossils, indicate that these creatures were buried during the same stage of the Flood Event for a number of reasons including their physical location in the Biosphere or the place where they gathered together before being drowned. In other cases their location relates to water sorting characteristics such as their size, shape or hydrodynamic characteristics.

FrCrilly
    Why are there fossils of marine life up high mountains hundreds of miles in from sea, when most of these creatures can only move a few feet a day under water. They could not have made the journey in the 40 days of the great flood. (Leonardo Da Vinci figured this one out hundreds of years ago).

The Flood covered the whole Earth – and the waters receded as huge upthrusts and downthrusts created the mountains and oceans of today.

The vertical upthrust of the mountains in the immediate aftermath of the Flood is why you find sea fossils up there today and NOT because of significant lateral movement ‘away’ from our present seas - so the presence of seashells on mountains involved tectonic movements of a few hundred metres upwards - and not hundreds of kilometres sidewards!!!!

FrCrilly
    Why would God pick the third rock from a star in no significant position in it’s galaxy or in the universe to put his special creation.

OK, FrCrilly, I’m hazarding a guess here – but I think it was because a (very persuasive) woman said to Him “Go on, go on, go on ……….you will, you will, you will……..GO ON….YOU WILL!!!!! :D:)

Seriously though, God probably was making the point that compared to Him our Universe and ourselves are quite insignificant (as you have pointed out) – but despite our physical insignificance, God loves each of us so much that He wants to have a one-to-one personal relationship with each of us – and each one of us has the free will to accept or reject this relationship.:cool:

FrCrilly
    So in summary,

Either God exists and the Creation happened
    Or
    He doesn’t exist and the whole thing is a laissez-faire scientific process.

A very astute and good summary.

Dave McG
    Evolution isn't disputed in science.

A bit like Geo-centrism wasn’t dispute much in 'Medieval Science' either – and for many of the same reasons!!!!:D

Robin
    In form, creationism is quite similar to holocaust-denial, 9/11 conspiracists, fans of homeopathy etc etc

All fine and dandy EXCEPT for the FACT that the ‘Fathers Of Modern Science’ including Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin, Boyle, Dalton, Linnaeus, Mendel, Pasteur, Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler and Pascal who were all Bible-believing scientists – and NONE of them were “holocaust-deniers, 9/11 conspiracists, fans of homeopathy etc etc” (or their 19th Century equivalents)!!!!!:D

ISAW
    One could then say god is creating every day since new sould are coming into existance with noew people. If it isn't like that then where were all the souls hanging around before all the people were born? Does God have them all in a "holding area"?

…….but God SAID that on the Seventh Day He rested from Creation - and that rest continues.

God obviously gave Humans the generative powers to produce both the bodies AND the souls of their children.

Souls are no more in some “holding area” than bodies are!!!!:D

ISAW
    If God created the laws of physics then that was enough for planet and stellar formation.

God COULD indeed produce some special law of physics in order to produce the Universe – but God didn’t say that He used this method to produce the Universe – He said that He created it by ONE fiat act of His Divine Will.

ISAW
    If God enabled the universe which is interpreted with quantum physics then luck and probability has a lot to do with it.

Wasn’t it Einstein who said that he DIDN’T believe that God played dice with the Universe?

………and I agree wholeheartedly with him on this one!!!:D

FrCrilly
    The development of intelligent life is a low probability event. But this is counteracted by the fact that there are so many planets in the universe, so a number of planets will be lucky enough to develop intelligent life.

Indeed the (spontaneous) development of life (whether intelligent or otherwise) is such a low probability event as to be a statistical IMPOSSIBILITY!!!!!

Please bear in mind that the undirected production of the Amino Acid Sequence for a simple 100 chain protein would defeat every electron in the known Universe producing a billion sequences every second for a billion billion years.

ISAW
    Newton was an aryan heretic

………and he was also a first rate Creation Scientist.

It is a mistake to believe that all Creation Scientists are orthodox Bible-believing Christians - some Creation Scientists today are Jews, Moslems and Agnostics as well as Christians.

Wicknight
    You do realise that God kills more people in the Bible than anyone else.

…..yes indeed ……. in His sovereign will God allows EVERYONE to physically die.

It is quite a sobering experience to walk into one of the Normandy military cemeteries, as I did last week – and to find that the vast majority of the headstones commemorate men who were younger than myself when they died.

Anyway, getting back to the point at issue about God and His relationship with Humanity.

The choice everyone must make is between God’s Justice or His Grace!!!!
    God has confirmed this eternal Human dilemma in Det 30:19b “I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”

Wicknight
    Ex 11:4-5
    “And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:
    And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.”………

…………… Well the events are horrific, but as I said, the thing that horrifies me personally is not the question of if this happened or not (I believe and hope it didn't), it is the fact that people can hear or read of these things happening, genuinely believe that they did happen, and say to themselves "Yup, thats grand. I've no problem with that" or attempt to seek out ways to logically justify them to themselves.

Yes indeed, the wages of sin is death – and it is horrific.
    ……and the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord – and it is amazing.:D

The good news is that we are currently in the Church era of God’s grace and God is therefore NOT directly visiting death upon anybody……..
    …………….and you have nothing to fear from Born Again Christians either - as they are commanded to turn the other cheek and to love you - in a purely platonic sense, I hasten to add!!!! :D

Son Goku
    can anybody tell me what is scientifically wrong with evolution?

Just about everything!!!!:eek: :)

JC you seem to have gone off the deep end ... where were you on holiday?

Nothing in science can be "proven", so how exactly are you stating, as a trained scientists of course, that Intelligent Design has been "scientifically proven"

Such a claim simply shows that you either don't understand what "science" means or you don't understand what "proven" means

Once again, just like your claims about children mutating and evolution spontaneously producing complex life, the more you talk about a subject the more it becomes clear that you actually don't understand the subject you are discussing at all. If you knew anything about science you would understand that science cannot "prove" intelligence design, even if intelligent design was correct. Claiming otherwise simply demonstrates that you don't know anything about science, which nullifies your opinions on the matter some what

Where again did you get your scientific training ......

Jakkass
    Why then if creation is so prevalent in society, why can't it be a plausible answer to how the world was created? If so many things have been created, why can't the Earth be too?
    Son Goku
    There's nothing that makes it implausible, just that there's nothing which explicitly supports it yet.

Nothing, that is, apart from Information Theory, The Laws of Thermodynamics, The Law of Biogenesis, The Law of Big numbers, Probability Theory, the evidence of Intelligent Design and the vast amounts of Complex Specified Information observed in living organisms as well as Common Sense………………
    …………..to name but a few!!!!!:D

Scofflaw
    What could possibly be more natural than to assume that the loaf of bread was born from another loaf of bread, or hatched from an egg?

Why not assume it fell from the sky? After all, rain, snow, sleet, dust, meteorites, frogs (occasionally) fall from the sky - why not that loaf?

Why not assume it grew? Like a plant - I mean, you see them every day, surely it occurred to you that it just grew there? It's not green, so it's probably a type of mushroom - you know how they suddenly burst up after rain...

Why not assume it's always been there? From our point of view, the hills have always been there, and the animals, and the plants - it seems odd you should suddenly assume that your loaf of bread is something new?

Why not assume it came up out of the sea (if it's anywhere near it, that is)? After all, the sea washes up all kinds of strange things whose origin is a mystery to us - why not a loaf of bread?

The sea washes up all kinds of strange things – why could it not create a loaf of bread or even a Human Being????

Why not indeed????

So, this is WHY evolutionists can believe that Human Beings were spontaneously generated!!!! :D

I rest my case!!!!!:)

Son Goku
    Big Bang Theory - 13.7 billion years ago the universe was extremely hot and dense. There were still only three forces, but many more types of particles than there are today.

‘Son Goku Speak’ for “we don’t know!!!!”

Son Goku
    What currently isn't known is:
    What is the origin of this material*?
    *Although material isn't really the right word as I'll show in my post to wolfsbane.
    Was there an earlier point when there was only two forces?
    What was the exact dynamics of the expansion?

‘Son Goku Speak’ for “we don’t know at all!!!!”

Son Goku
    Although the Hubble space telescope can tell us that the expansion looks like it happened, it doesn't give us enough information to determine the specifics of the expansion.

‘Son Goku Speak’ for “we don’t know at all, at all!!!!”

Wicknight
    At this spot, which was possibly a singularity, the laws of nature don't work and pretty much everything is energy. But something caused a tremendous release of this energy (call that God if you though there is no actually reason do) and this spot expanded out and basic particles formed.

‘Wicknight Speak’ for “we don’t know at all, at all, at alll!!!!”:D :)

Wicknight
    The reason people are pretty sure this happened (even if the exact details are still being worked on) is because the mathematical models where the big bang first were developed predicted that we would find certain things in the universe, which later on we did find, such as the microwave radiation.

The Background Radiation of the Big Bang has ‘gone up in smoke’ (amongst Evolutionists, as well as Creationists) and here is a quote from a recent edition of Science Daily on the matter:-
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060905104549.htm
    University of Alabama at Huntsville scientists are scratching their heads at a finding that may see the big bang “blown away” in the minds of scientists. Big bang advocates believe the cosmic explosion is responsible for the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation we observe. However, scientists have long predicted that galaxy clusters in the universe would deflect the CMB radiation, creating “shadows” in the observable radiation. But when the Alabama scientists measured this effect, they did not find any strong “shadows” as expected.
    Equally last year, the same researchers published results of a study using WMAP data to look for evidence of "lensing" effects which should have also been seen, but weren't, if the microwave background was a Big Bang remnant.
    This indicates that the CMB radiation may not be “behind” distant galaxies, but is much closer instead. Since the big bang interpretation REQUIRES the CMB radiation to be behind the farthest galaxies, this new discovery is a devastating blow to the Big Bang Model, and indicates that the CMB radiation cannot be leftover radiation from a Big Bang. Of course, this isn’t the only evidence against a big bang.”
    …..and you can read up on the accumulating scientific evidence AGAINST the Big Bang here:-
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/astronomy.asp#big_bang

Wicknight
    Its nonsense when you think about it

…….as good a summary of the Big Bang Theory as you are likely to get on this thread or anywhere else!!!!!:D

Son Goku
    500,000 years after the events I described. Basically electromagnetism causes an effect called the Van der Waals effect,

………and I suppose you also believe that 13 billion years later Van der Waals himself spontaneously arose and spoke to many!!!!!:)

……..h’mm……I see………. great story, BTW!!!!:)

Jakkass
    Surely if they don't last very long, then how can the earth last for 13 billion years. It doesn't make sense. And secondly if something was to bang itself into existence wouldn't the item have to exist in the first place to bang itself into existence. It doesn't make sense either.

The Big Bang – first there was nothing – and then it BLEW UP!!!!!

Wicknight
    But you know a loaf of bread has to be made by something, instead of being say being born or naturally formed.

You don't know life has to be made by something, or that the universe has to be made by something. You just assume they do.

If you KNOW that a SIMPLE Pan Loaf cannot make itself without an input of intelligence – surely you should also realise that an infinitely more COMPLEX living cell equally cannot spontaneously arise.

I accept that the source of intelligent input in life may be an ‘open’ scientific question – even though the God of the Bible ‘fits the bill’ in EVERY respect!!!!

Son Goku
    Particles are more like undulations of an underlying entity.

Do you know what, you are a poet and you don’t know it!!!!:)

Jakkass
    The Big Bang is a very feasible theory for the creation of the Earth, if one takes into account that God was behind it. Otherwise it is just a load of crap, I'm sorry it is.

Ditto for Evolution ……….

………but unfortunately for Big Bangers and Evolutionists God said that He Directly Created both the Universe and all life.

Wicknight
    The purpose of the Big Bang theories are to model the Big Bang

………. on some catwalk somewhere, I suppose!!!!

Son Goku
    No theory explains how the world was created, does that mean they are all useless?

The Direct Divine Creation Theory DOES!!!!!!!!

Scofflaw
    After the Universe came into being through the Big Bang, the universe consisted briefly of pure energy.

Where did the energy come from then????

Scofflaw
    We live at the tail-end of this enormously complex and detailed process, looking back on it from the perspective of living only 70 years. It's hardly surprising that we find it hard to believe.

We find it hard to believe because it is scientifically impossible!!!!:) :D

• Advertisement

This is like watching a car crash ... its 11.30, I want to go to bed, have to be up early in the morning, but I can't look away

tell us again JC how evolution says mud spontaneously turned into humans... or maybe tell Son he is a poet again ... where is my pop corn

Scofflaw wrote:
    A reminder of the danger of teleology: chimps more evolved than humans.

(Not a spoof...this time!)

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if some Evolutionist starts claiming that bacteria are 'more evolved' than Humans - because they are supposedly around for so much longer !!!!:D

Wicknight wrote:
    This is like watching a car crash ... its 11.30, I want to go to bed, have to be up early in the morning, but I can't look away

The truth of the Word of God has a certain irresistable quality - I just knew that you would eventually find it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm reminded of a Simpsons episode and a parrot Homer likes to argue with.

JC wrote:
    I rest my case!!!!!

I think your case has been resting quite a while. Still, it's nice to see you back again, in fighting trim.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

JC wrote:
    The Background Radiation of the Big Bang has ‘gone up in smoke’ (amongst Evolutionists, as well as Creationists) and here is a quote from a recent edition of Science Daily on the matter:-
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0905104549.htm

On the homepage of that website in the of the first articles I saw it talks about evolution as fact. Why is this a reputable website for the theory of the Big Bang and not the theory of evolution?

Has JC said anything new for the last 40 or so pages? (Haven't been reading that long)

Sangre wrote:
    On the homepage of that website in the of the first articles I saw it talks about evolution as fact. Why is this a reputable website for the theory of the Big Bang and not the theory of evolution?

Easy one! That would be on account of them being right about the Big Bang, but not about Evolution.
    Sangre wrote:
    Has JC said anything new for the last 40 or so pages? (Haven't been reading that long)

JC has stuck with what he knows to be true throughout this thread. To the point, indeed, where I can generally tell you what his answer will be - although I lack the necessary intellectual qualities for some of his more exotic trips through the truthosphere.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

JC wrote:
    Scofflaw wrote:
    After the Universe came into being through the Big Bang, the universe consisted briefly of pure energy.

Out of nothing. I'm pretty certain that's what the Bible says too.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

JC wrote:
    However, as a Creation Scientist
    What papers have you published, JC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

J C wrote:
    Do you know what, you are a poet and you don’t know it!!!!
    What does that mean?
    Do you think particles aren't an undulation of something else? I mean it's the assumption Quantum Field Theory is built on and it seems to work fine as CERN shown us.

Do you know think QFT is incorrect?
    If so, why?

Anyway apparently I'm a poet now, which somehow weakens the case for evolution in some unspecified way.

But wait:
    Wasn’t it Einstein who said that he DIDN’T believe that God played dice with the Universe?

………and I agree wholeheartedly with him on this one!!!
    You also disagree with not just QFT but plain old Quantum Mechanics.
    Why do you think Quantum Mechanics is incorrect? Please write your response using your transistor and silicon-chip based computer.
    ‘Son Goku Speak’ for “we don’t know!!!!”
    I'm just describing the theory, do you have any actual criticisms?
    The Big Bang – first there was nothing – and then it BLEW UP!!!!!
    The Big Bang Theory is not a theory of creation but a theory of the early universe.

When you next post have some actual criticisms and actually discuss stuff, don't repeat your same old stuff.
    robindch wrote:
    What papers have you published, JC?
    It will probably be impossible to link to all of his papers as they are "many and varied in subject area".

Do any Creationists hear think this guy makes any sense?
    JC wrote:
    Wicknight wrote:
    The purpose of the Big Bang theories are to model the Big Bang

………. on some catwalk somewhere, I suppose!!!!
    Like I mean, what is he even saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Son Goku wrote:
    What does that mean?
    Like I mean, what is he even saying?

I think what he's saying is "if I refuse to take you seriously, it shows that you are wrong".

This may be one of those exotic trips through the truthosphere that Scofflaw has difficulty with.

From my perspective, it reminds of of my kid sister proved my arguments wrong by sticking her fingers in her ears and singing lalalalalalalala at differing volumes until she saw my lips stop moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

jc wrote:

....humans spontaneouly generated

Wicknight has being doing his darndest to underline the gross fallacy of that phrasing yet you continue you use with all the alpomb of an emerging madman. Well considering that you will almost certainly reject that the world is billions of years old I suppose that you have forced yourself into phrasing it that way. After all, in terms of evolution, what can be achieved in a couple thousand years? 'Not that much!' comes your eager reply therefore any evolutionary backlog that may exist would be quite unsubstanstial and would only allow time enough an almost spontaneous production of maniknd? is this your thinking?
    I only ask becasue the rest of us are basing it on billions of years timescale and your spontaneous mutation argument really is quite missing the point (no surprise there). You see a million is one thousand times one thousand and a billion is a thousand million years. There was nothing spontaneous going on here, believe me. It was all rather slow, actually it was unimaginably slow in human terms.
    So we might concievably imagine this timeline:
    For a list of ancestors common to humans and other living species, see The Ancestor's Tale.

Now remember one thousand million years only accounts for one quater of the above. You need to multiply that by roughly 4.6 and then you arrive at somewhere near the begining - possibly, we're not sure exactly, you know we're dealing with quite large numbers here, we may be out a couple of hundred thousands years or even more but there is no way we're out to the tune of 99.987% which is what your 6 tousand year timeline would suggest.
    In fact thinking about it you're absolutely right if we can prove the world is only 6 thousand years old then man did suddenly morph from muck to man. However it would seem a great shame for you that every scientist in the known universe whose head is screwed on right is giving absolutely no time or repect to such investigation. To give you credit though 6 thousand years is far more reasonable than 6 days. When get down to the day thing we really are talking about spontaneity. Theres not even enough time for the muck part..days really leave us with very little time, not only did a glorious designer spontaneously morph from nothing to infintie ineffable complexity but then proceeded to produce to billions (thats one thousand million lest we forget) of galaxies with billions of stars (the heavens presumably) and then on whim decided that wasn't enough and on just one of these satrs, yes just one, that he would allow the atmosphere and planetary conditions to support lots of teeny tiny little organisms call humans who would suffer forever becasue they had sinned against him. In fact you're absolutely spot on - all of this, our pain, suffering and guilt was all spontaneous, at one moment it didn't exist and the next it all did simultaneously. A bit of a catch 22 really. Then again I suppose that Adam really shouldn't have eaten that apple...

J C wrote:
    The truth of the Word of God has a certain irresistable quality - I just knew that you would eventually find it!!!:D

Clearly you making things up, changing your "theories" and lying as you go along is slowly convincing me of the "Word of God" ... yes JC, that is what is happening :rolleyes:

We've missed you ... nothing convince me more that your religion's model of science is complete nonsense than your ramblings on the subject :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Professional

J C I'm new to this site but from what i've seen you seem to be defending the undefendable in this world Atheism regins supreme and creationism is long dead it was used in the 16th and 17th century to swindle money out of people so please just give up.

Wicknight
    Oh great, JC is back………

………and I missed you too!!!!:)

Wicknight
    to explain to us how children mutate as they grow,

Not quite – in fact I used the phenomenon of children growing - and changing as they do so, as an example of biological change using pre-existing, pre-programmed genetic information…..
    …….. and speciation ALSO uses pre-existing genetic information – and it doesn’t occur via mutagenesis!!!

Wicknight
    that galaxies are really particles of "dust"

I have always accepted that Galaxies contain both stars and dust – you are the guys claiming that nothing blew up in the Big Bang!!!

Wicknight
    and how evolution says that mud "spontaneously" turned into a fully developed human

I have always accepted that Evolutionists claim that it took about 5 billion years for the mud to turn into a Human Being………
    ….however, the addition of time to dead mud is NEVER going to generate life, much less a Human Being!!!! :D

Wicknight
    woohoo ... I cannot contain my excitement

Creation Science can have that effect allright!!!!:D

Wicknight
    you didn't happen to read a science book by any chance JC while you were on holidays? Leaving Cert biology maybe

No, I didn’t get around to checking if the Sorbonne Library had a copy, during my visit to France!!!!!:D

Wicknight
    Nothing in science can be "proven", so how exactly are you stating, as a trained scientists of course, that Intelligent Design has been "scientifically proven"

Science is a body of falsifiable theories – so nothing can be scientifically proven beyond ALL doubt.
    However, many things have been scientifically proven beyond REASONABLE doubt – and the Intelligent Design of life is one such thing!!!:cool:

Wicknight
    tell us again JC how evolution says mud spontaneously turned into humans...

See above!!!

Wicknight
    or maybe tell Son he is a poet again ...

OK.............. Son, you are a poet again!!!!:D

Wicknight
    where is my pop corn

I don’t know ……….
    ……… maybe it is 'furiously evolving' into Mushy Peas in the back of your fridge!!!:D

Sangre

The point that I was making is that BOTH Evolutionists and Creationists accept that the Big Bang has ‘gone up in smoke’ – and the website was cited by me BECAUSE it is an Evolutionist website!!!.

Of course, because it is an Evolutionist website – it is to be expected that it will claim that ‘Evolution is a fact’ – when it is only a belief!!!!:D

Originally Posted by Sangre

Scofflaw
    Easy one! That would be on account of them being right about the Big Bang, but not about Evolution.

Got it in one, Scofflaw!!!!

Originally Posted by Sangre

Scofflaw
    JC has stuck with what he knows to be true throughout this thread. To the point, indeed, where I can generally tell you what his answer will be - although I lack the necessary intellectual qualities for some of his more exotic trips through the truthosphere.

You are indeed becoming quite a promising Creation Scientist, Scofflaw!!!!

Will you ‘cover’ for me on this thread, next time I go on holidays?????:confused:

Originally Posted by Scofflaw

Originally Posted by J C

Scofflaw

No, the Bible says that the Universe was Created by an omnipotent and omniscient God – who ISN’T “nothing”!!!:D

stevejazzx
    not only did a glorious designer spontaneously morph from nothing to infintie ineffable complexity but then proceeded to produce to billions (thats one thousand million lest we forget) of galaxies with billions of stars (the heavens presumably)

Pretty accurate apart from the important fact that the ‘glorious designer’ was pre-existent to His Creation – and so He didn’t ‘morph from nothing’!!!!

stevejazzx
    and then on whim decided that wasn't enough and on just one of these satrs, yes just one, that he would allow the atmosphere and planetary conditions to support lots of teeny tiny little organisms call humans who would suffer forever becasue they had sinned against him.

Pretty accurate again, apart from the important fact that God will save every Human who believes on Him!!!:cool:

stevejazzx
    So we might concievably imagine this timeline:
    · 4000 million years of simple cells (also known as single celled organisms),
    · 3000 million years of photosynthesis,
    · 2000 million years of complex cells,
    · 1000 million years of multicellular life,
    · 600 million years of simple animals,
    · 570 million years of arthropods
    · 550 million years of complex animals
    · 500 million years of fish and proto-amphibians,
    · 475 million years of land plants,
    · 400 million years of insects and seeds,
    · 360 million years of amphibians,
    · 300 million years of reptiles,
    · 200 million years of mammals,
    · 150 million years of birds,
    · 100 million years of flowers

We can, of course, IMAGINE almost anything………….

………but the REALITY is that ALL of these creatures are alive TODAY – and many look EXACTLY like their supposedly hundreds of millions of years old fossils…….

……….but do you know what the real 'kicker' is ?????

……it is the discovery of fossils of things like supposedly ‘300 million year old Dinosaurs' - with their blood cells intact – and capable of almost providing a transfusion!!!!:D

Wicknight
    We've missed you ...

Missing you already – with bells on!!!:D

JC wrote:
    Originally Posted by Scofflaw

Originally Posted by J C

Scofflaw

No, the Bible says that the Universe was Created by an omnipotent and omniscient God – who ISN’T “nothing”!!!

But who did create it out of nothing, if you remember...
    JC wrote:
    Scofflaw wrote:

You are indeed becoming quite a promising Creation Scientist, Scofflaw!!!!

Will you ‘cover’ for me on this thread, next time I go on holidays?????

Alas, I lack the necessary verve.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

J C I'm new to this site but from what i've seen you seem to be defending the undefendable in this world Atheism regins supreme .

An objective observer of this thread wouldn't think so!!!!:D

One Creation Scientist and a handful of Christians have held the combined forces of over fifty top atheists at bay - and roundly defeated them on practically every religious and scientific argument that they made!!!!:D

and creationism is long dead it was used in the 16th and 17th century to swindle money out of people so please just give up.

Creation Science is alive and well and has an unbroken line of descent from practically all of the 'fathers of modern science' in the 18th and 19th Centuries!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

J C wrote:
    I have always accepted that Galaxies contain both stars and dust – you are the guys claiming that nothing blew up in the Big Bang!!!
    The Big Bang Theory is not a theory of creation but a theory of the early universe.
    Sigh!
    J C wrote:
    OK, Son, you are a poet again!!!!:D
    For what exactly? It was for saying particles are undulations in fields wasn't it? What's wrong with that?
    J C wrote:
    To be fair you have said galaxies might just be piles of "whirly" dust, several times smaller than they appear.
    J C wrote:
    One Creation Scientist has held the combined forces of over fifty top atheists at bay - and roundly defeated them on practically every religious and scientific argument that they made!!!!
    Now I'm a top athiest poet.

J C wrote:
    An objective observer of this thread wouldn't think so!!!!:D

One Creation Scientist and a handful of Christians have held the combined forces of over fifty top atheists at bay - and roundly defeated them on practically every religious and scientific argument that they made!!!!:D

Is that fellow Dawkins posting again?
    J C wrote:
    Creation Science is alive and well and has an unbroken line of descent from practically all of the 'fathers of modern science' in the 18th and 19th Centuries!!!!:D

And true to form, hasn't evolved a bit.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Son Goku wrote:

To be fair you have said galaxies might just be piles of "whirly" dust, several times smaller than they appear.

......and some Galaxies may indeed be much smaller than thought!!!!

Son Goku wrote:

Now I'm a top athiest poet.

I don't know - you could very well be!!!!:eek: :D:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement