Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

stevejazzx wrote: »
    Scofflaw wrote:
    Well, I'm a much better Creation Scientists than JC.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Admittedly you did put it better...probably becasue you're mulitple!:)

The ratio between my scientific competence (even as a Creation Scientist) and JC's can't be expressed in single-scientist units. Besides, I'm pretty sure we've already established elsewhere that I'm actually a multi-core AI system.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Scofflaw wrote: »
    The ratio between my scientific competence (even as a Creation Scientist) and JC's can't be expressed in single-scientist units.

:D

What are (creationist) scientist units a measure of then?

scofflaw wrote:

Beside I'm pretty sure that elsewhere we've already established elsewhere that I'm actually multi-core A.I system

Yes and how is your mental visual imagery department doing? I think we established last time out that it was a bit overactive....!

:D

Hmm. Bamboozlement? As in "the speech contained 10 CS of bamboozlement"? Or perhaps pseudoscience - as in "the health food ad contains 2 CS of pseudoscience".

To be fair, though, 1 CS of pseudoscience is a very large measure.
    Yes and how is your mental visual imagery department doing? I think we established last time out that it was a bit overactive....!

Best described as quiescent at the moment, I think. Nothing has set it off recently, anyway, apart from the rapidly evolving chicken farm.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Hmm. Bamboozlement? As in "the speech contained 10 CS of bamboozlement"? Or perhaps pseudoscience - as in "the health food ad contains 2 CS of pseudoscience".

To be fair, though, 1 CS of pseudoscience is a very large measure.

Ahh so essentially it's one grade more acute than BS?
    I love the ingenius afterthought that 1 CS is a very large measure as this supports your initial claim of you being more CS than JC.
    From you inital explanation of the measurement I would've though JC's levels of CS would of been off the chart, so nice appendage!
    scofflaw wrote:
    Best described as quiescent at the moment, I think. Nothing has set it off recently, anyway, apart from the rapidly evolving chicken farm.

Toothless poultry gets you off does it?
    How do I know that's not the CS talking...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

.....actually, all I really want you to do ......is to save your eternal soul!!!!

uh oh.

hi guys!!!

been away a month and its still going. did i miss anything remotely exciting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

stevejazzx wrote:
    Kilos of horse****, pace John Scalzi.

And should the fundamental unit really be a kiloham? Defined as the amount of horse**** that one creationist can copy'n'paste from AiG in one hour?

Ahh so essentially it's one grade more acute than BS?
    I love the ingenius afterthought that 1 CS is a very large measure as this supports your initial claim of you being more CS than JC.
    From you inital explanation of the measurement I would've though JC's levels of CS would of been off the chart, so nice appendage!

Nice appendage...? Oh well. Yes, my claim is that I can generate far larger quantities of pseudoscience, and of a much higher quality, than JC. Since I'm not a Creation Scientist, and JC is the only one I know, I have to describe that capability as being several CS - indeed, we may well be talking an order of magnitude or more - kilocreationists , maybe.
    Toothless poultry gets you off does it?
    How do I know that's not the CS talking...

I think you're thinking of Larry Flint. Actually, my visual imagery department is not specifically sexual - I was rather pleased by the visual image of a chicken farmer looking at the newly hatched chicks and scratching his head, while around him beasts of all sorts tended their completely different offspring.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Well, I'm a much better Creation Scientists than JC.

I will graciously concede this point to you!!:D:)

pH wrote: »
    You think that accepting that there is scientific evidence for 4.5 billion year old earth and evolution will prevent someone being saved and going to heaven?

No......but it can provide a major 'stumbling block'......and it is untrue!!!:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Scofflaw wrote:
    Nothing has set it off recently, anyway, apart from the rapidly evolving chicken farm.
    Nice image, but I wonder why no creationist has ever bothered peering down a microscope and actually tried to pin down this rapid speciation?

I mean, with bacteria splitting as fast as every twenty minutes, it's a wonder they don't evolve into spaceships over a wet weekend.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »

And should the fundamental unit really be a kiloham? Defined as the amount of horse**** that one creationist can copy'n'paste from AiG in one hour?

Kiloham!! Brilliant, if we keep this uo we'll have a complete scientific method of measuring creationist activity.

Forecast for this thread Saturday the 5th January:

Expect early lashings of indestigable CS follwed by blankets of thinly disguised Kilohams moving in from the south. Later in the day it will clear however but there may well be intermittent CS throughout. Sunday and an area of low pressure kiloham will collide with a high pressure area and casue severe outpours of CS, it is advisble therefore to remain offline if possible.

J C wrote: »
    No......but it can provide a major 'stumbling block'......and it is untrue!!!:)

Oh it's untrue....which one of us should inform the relevant bodies?

Would ALL these mentions of horse excrement be 'Sour Grapes'......I wonder???:confused::D:)

......and the 'steaming pile' that is Materialistic Evolution......is on such a scale that it is looking like becoming a greater environmental threat than Chernobyl!!!:D:)

....and I think that your idea of naming a fundamental scientific unit after Dr. Ken Ham is a very good and magnanamous gesture...... and only fitting for somebody who has contributed so much to modern science.

Could I suggest that a 'Ham' would be an appropriate scientific name for a 'Created Kind'......and where uncertainty exists about a particular group of organisms.......you could then have a 'Kind of a Ham'!!!!!!:D

Nice appendage...? Oh well.
    cordially,
    Scofflaw

From one multi-core AI sytem to another I'd just like to say you've got nice appendages...where's the harm in that?

Nice image, but I wonder why no creationist has ever bothered peering down a microscope and actually tried to pin down this rapid speciation?

I mean, with bacteria splitting as fast as every twenty minutes, it's a wonder they don't evolve into spaceships over a wet weekend.

Bacteria evolve/speciate......but always within their Kind......ah em ......I mean Ham!!!:D:)

From one multi-core AI sytem to another I'd just like to say you've got nice appendages...where's the harm in that?

It upsets my visual imagery department.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Funnily enough I have tried to deny my parents' existence for a long time - but when I am in trouble I run back to Mummy and Daddy.

'Cos I know I came from somewhere.

Nice appendage...?
    .....I'm staying strictly out of this!!!!:D

Actually, my visual imagery department is not specifically sexual - I was rather pleased by the visual image of a chicken farmer looking at the newly hatched chicks and scratching his head, while around him beasts of all sorts tended their completely different offspring.

......a typical scene on any multiple-enterprise farm actually!!!!:D:)

Toothless poultry gets you (Scofflaw) off does it?

.....is this how the saying "as rare as hens teeth" arose???:confused::)

wildsaffy wrote: »
    Funnily enough I have tried to deny my parents' existence for a long time - but when I am in trouble I run back to Mummy and Daddy.

'Cos I know I came from somewhere.

Great that you have come to accept your parents as 'Mummy and Daddy'.....

.......now would you like to be able to call the Creator God of the Universe your 'Abba'......or 'Daddy'??

......you can claim this birthright......if you become a Saved Christian!!!:D

Blimey...coming up on 8000 posts and 400 pages. Nearly time for a review.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Bacteria evolve/speciate......but always within their Kind......ah em ......I mean Ham!!!:D:)

Name me two species of bacteria that are of the same "kind"

Wicknight wrote: »
    Name me two species of bacteria that are of the same "kind"

Presumably their 'kind' is bacteria - or possibly "microscopic animalcules". Bear in mind they're not mentioned in the Bible, because it's not a science textbook.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Would ALL these mentions of horse excrement be 'Sour Grapes'......I wonder???:confused::D:)

......and the 'steaming pile' that is Materialistic Evolution......is on such a scale that it is looking like becoming a greater environmental threat than Chernobyl!!!:D:)

....and I think that your idea of naming a fundamental scientific unit after Dr. Ken Ham is a very good and magnanamous gesture...... and only fitting for somebody who has contributed so much to modern science.

Could I suggest that a 'Ham' would be an appropriate scientific name for a 'Created Kind'......and where uncertainty exists about a particular group of organisms.......you could then have a 'Kind of a Ham'!!!!!!:D

Pft...you are forgetting your role as a Creation Scientist - it's a Baramin, remember? As in Baraminology, the study of Created Kinds?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Pft...you are forgetting your role as a Creation Scientist - it's a Baramin, remember? As in Baraminology, the study of Created Kinds?

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    It used be a Baramin.......but now, by overwhelming scientific acclaim .......it is apparently to be called a Ham!!!:D:)

It used be a Baramin.......but now, by overwhelming scientific acclaim .......it is apparently to be called a Ham!!!:D:)

Well, it's certainly porkie pies, anyway.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    Actually, my visual imagery department is not specifically sexual - I was rather pleased by the visual image of a chicken farmer looking at the newly hatched chicks and scratching his head, while around him beasts of all sorts tended their completely different offspring.

......a typical scene on any multiple-enterprise farm actually!!!!:D:)

Where on earth are you based? Chernobyl?

alarmed,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Blimey...coming up on 8000 posts and 400 pages. Nearly time for a review.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    We're getting an 88 on metacritic and 79% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

The New York Times praised a strong casting all round, however criticising the obvious placement of Wicknight to appeal to a female fan base.

The Chicago bulletin describes it as:
    "A swirling cauldron of emoticons and Darwinian lore"

The Times:
    "Contains the most well rendered lion eating deep sea fried zebra scene you're likely to ever see."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Son Goku wrote: »
    The Times:
    "Contains the most well rendered lion eating deep sea fried zebra scene you're likely to ever see."
    Glad the lions made it, I got a soft spot for them:)

Son Goku wrote: »
    We're getting an 88 on metacritic and 79% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

The New York Times praised a strong casting all round, however criticising the obvious placement of Wicknight to appeal to a female fan base.

The Chicago bulletin describes it as:
    "A swirling cauldron of emoticons and Darwinian lore"

The Times:

"Epic, if not very Biblical, in scope...."

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

the Sun
    "shallow and pedantic....perhaps"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement