Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

bonkey wrote: »
    As for your repeated references to ETs...I suspect that you are avoiding the use of the words "extra terrestrial" because you are using the letters to mean something else - possibly something like "Evolutionism Theorist" and are stictching people up.
    .....I can confirm that, before I became a Christian, I had unsolicited close encounters of various kinds with non-human 'Intelligences' !!!
    ........I can also confirm that their apparent intelligence (as measured by their technology) is enormously sophisticated.....and way beyond anything currently possessed by Humans!!!!:D

.......and I don't wish to cause further palpatations for Wicknight and the 'Men in Black'......by saying any more....at present!!!!:)

rockbeer wrote: »
    Limitations are not in your vocabulary it would seem. "Of course they could build an arc, their near-contemporaries built a pyramid didn't they?
    .....and ancient peoples ALSO built very impressive BOATS....some of which have survived to the present day!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

J C wrote: »
    .....I can confirm that, before I became a Christian, I had unsolicited close encounters of various kinds with non-human 'Intelligences' !!!

.......and I don't wish to cause further palpatations for Wicknight and the 'Men in Black'......by saying any more....at present!!!!:)

At least tell us whether the christian god has revealed himself to the aliens.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    .....anyway you are staying remarkable quiet about my ET encounters!!!!

Wicknight
    Reply 1
    Your what in the what now?…………

Reply 2
    Discussing what? I have no idea what you are referring to……….

Reply 3
    Am I missing something?

What there a post that I didn't get a chance to read?

Reply 4
    I imagine that is what we are supposed to think, and then JC is going to say something like

Ha! ET means evolutionary theorists, not extra-terrestrials! Suckers! I just made you all look stupid
    .......typical symptoms of 'slides conditioning' evasion..........anyway, Wicknight have you had any thoughts since about the 'Georgia Guidestones'??????

.......oops ........I almost forgot that the 'guidestones' are ALSO not supposed to be discussed???........and you are under 'slides conditioning' about it AS WELL......
    .......and the MIB won't like any of it!!!!

rockbeer wrote: »
    At least tell us whether the Christian God has revealed himself to the aliens.
    .....I think these 'Intelligences' know God.......and I believe He created them!!!!!;)

.......and have you ever had any close encounters with non-Human Intelligences......or their technology??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

wolfsbane wrote: »
    I'm sure JC is not speaking of biological ETs. I too believe in spiritual ETs: the angels, good and bad, are not terrestial beings.

Apparently not. And that's all I have to say on the subject, since my oath to Guidestones prevents me from elaborating. :pac:

To life immortal.

2Scoops wrote: »
    Apparently not. And that's all I have to say on the subject, since my oath to Guidestones prevents me from elaborating. :pac:
    ......so you HAVE taken an oath, then........very interesting!!!!:)

.......and if you haven't taken an oath.......prove it by elaborating!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

.......typical symptoms of 'slides conditioning' evasion

I would have thought that it was a typical symptom of trying to have a conversation with you
    ..........anyway, Wicknight have you had any thoughts since about the 'Georgia Guidestones'??????
    I had nothing to do with the Georgia Guidestones ... my spelling is too good :pac:
    .......oops ........I almost forgot that the 'guidestones' are ALSO not supposed to be discussed???
    Discuss away JC, discuss away.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    .......typical symptoms of 'slides conditioning' evasion

Wicknight
    I would have thought that it was a typical symptom of trying to have a conversation with you
    .....you NORMALLY wax 'long and lyrical' in your responses to me.......why your distinct lack of engagement on the ET and Guidestones issues???

wrote:
    Wicknight
    I had nothing to do with the Georgia Guidestones ... my spelling is too good :pac:.....

.....Discuss away JC, discuss away.
    ....OK....so what do you think of the objective to reduce the population of the World to 500 million......and how is it likely to be achieved???

.....have you had any close encounters with non-Human Intelligences or their technologies????

.....you NORMALLY wax 'long and lyrical' in your responses to me.......why your distinct lack of engagement on the ET and Guidestones issues???

Well you have to tell me what the "issues" are for me to do that. You only mentioned the Georgia Guidestones in your last post, I don't know very much about them except that they were erected by an unknown benefactor who has terrible spelling and bad Russian.

What would you like to discuss about them?

As for your "ET issue" I don't know what that refers to as you only mentioned it briefly and then dodged and avoided answering any requests (from me and others) for you to clarify what you are talking about.

So again, what would you like to discuss about them?
    ....OK....so what do you think of the objective to reduce the population of the World to 500 million......and how is it likely to be achieved???
    That isn't actually what the rocks say, it says (in misspelt Russian) "let the Earths population never exceed 500 million"

Considering the Earth's population exceeded 500 million some time in the 13th or 14th centuries I think this simply demonstrates that who ever wrote the message on the stones was as clueless about world population as they were about Russian grammar. He missed the boat by about 700 years.
    .....have you had any close encounters with non-Human Intelligences or their technologies????

Yes. I have witnessed apes using tools to crack open nuts. Though I wasn't that close at the time.

• Advertisement

......so you HAVE taken an oath, then........very interesting!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

....read your OWN posting....where you have confirmed that the Ancient Egyptians possessed impressive boat-building skills AS WELL AS great stone-working skills!!!!!!:D

Impressive does not make an aircraft carrier out of wood that can survive months in a world flood. It's questionable as to whether we could do that with modern technology- assuming we were restricted in our building materials.

This thread seems to be taking a surreal turn. As if genesis wasn't unfeasible enough.

Wicknight wrote: »
    Yes. I have witnessed apes using tools to crack open nuts. Though I wasn't that close at the time.

Over 20 non-human species are known to make and use tools of various kinds. Even some birds have shown an ability to adapt their tool design to new materials such as wire. New Scientist did a nice article recently that covered some of the traditionally human-defining characteristics which can no longer be used to define us... we are running out of uniqueness and it seems that it is only the combination of features shared with other animal species that sets us apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I saw an astounding and beautiful programme on TV - a man and a bonobo having an intense, intelligent, even emotional conversation using a machine that had been designed to enable the bonobo to communicate. I was almost in tears.

The only substantial differences between us and certain other primates are our facility for spoken language and our thumbs.

New Scientist did a nice article recently that covered some of the traditionally human-defining characteristics which can no longer be used to define us... we are running out of uniqueness and it seems that it is only the combination of features shared with other animal species that sets us apart.

I read that, it was very interesting. Fascinating to see human intelligent like qualities in a more primitive form. You can really see how intelligence would evolve for specific purposes.

Wicknight wrote: »
    I read that, it was very interesting. Fascinating to see human intelligent like qualities in a more primitive form. You can really see how intelligence would evolve for specific purposes.

We're neither the fastest nor the strongest species. We certainly needed an edge.

It looks as if the selective pressures on humans have been quite extreme at various times in our history- particularly during the ice age. As soon as we got a foothold and the pressures were released for a (geological) moment, our species exploded across the planet. To the massive detriment of pretty much every other species in existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Please, tell me more about the aliens!

Impressive does not make an aircraft carrier out of wood that can survive months in a world flood. It's questionable as to whether we could do that with modern technology- assuming we were restricted in our building materials.
    .....even with our modern technology, the Pyramids would be difficult if not impossible!!!!
    .....ditto with Noah's Ark!!!:D

We're neither the fastest nor the strongest species. We certainly needed an edge.
    ...yes.....Owls can see better than us, Dogs can smell better than us and Bats can hear better than us........but we have an eternal soul and an intellect that sets us apart from all animals......
    .....as well as a God who loves us and wants to save us .....from ourselves!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Please, tell me more about the aliens!
    ......schshss......we don't want to 'frighten the horses'.....or Wicknight .......or 'freak out' the MIB......now do we!!!

.....even with our modern technology, the Pyramids would be difficult if no impossible!!!!

I rarely use profanity but frankly that is utter bull****.
    .....ditto with Noah's Ark!!!:D

You are either a fairly unsubtle troll or an irrecoverable idiot.

Where's your piece-by-piece rebuttal of my last rebuttal? I'll get you started:

:pac::pac::D:pac::pac::pac:.....!!!!!:D:pac::pac:;):confused::confused::p!!!!...!1!

...yes.....Owls can see better than us, Dogs can smell better than us and Bats can hear better than us........but we have an eternal soul and an intellect that sets us apart from all animals......

I can measure the first three but not the fourth one. The intellect is, as I said, a combination of features found seperately in many other species. The combination makes us better by one specific measure alone.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ......so you HAVE taken an oath, then........very interesting!!!!

2Scoops............
    ..very, very interesting!!!!

.....even with our modern technology, the Pyramids would be difficult if not impossible!!!!

Perfect opportunity for rolleyes here, but what's the point without the original? Here's pacman instead: :pac:

Taking into account their unfeasibly long lifespans and plentiful access to damned, unsaved labour, I wonder could Noah and his kin build a skyscraper? Or an aircraft carrier?

To life immortal.

..very, very interesting!!!!

Don't know what you're talking about. My lips are sealed. ;)

I can measure the first three but not the fourth one. The intellect is, as I said, a combination of features found seperately in many other species. The combination makes us better by one specific measure alone.
    .....you are correct that intellect is intangible.....and cannot be DIRECTLY measured........but it can certainly be indirectly measured and identified through its resultant actions.......everything from the Super-Computer to the Space Shuttle!!!!

Interestingly, God has similarities to the intellect in that His presence cannot be directly sensed.......but the results of His actions can be clearly seen ......so that those who deny Him are without excuse!!!!:D

Don't know what you're talking about. My lips are sealed. ;)
    ...be careful.......if you get a blocked nose.....and your lips are sealed.....you could asphixiate!!:D

Perfect opportunity for rolleyes here, but what's the point without the original? Here's pacman instead: :pac:

Taking into account their unfeasibly long lifespans and plentiful access to damned, unsaved labour, I wonder could Noah and his kin build a skyscraper? Or an aircraft carrier?
    ......they probably could have......but a skyscraper or an aircraft carrier wasn't exactly a priority in a World facing iminent catastrophic flooding!!!!:D

• Advertisement

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    .....even with our modern technology, the Pyramids would be difficult if not impossible

AtomicHorror
    I rarely use profanity but frankly that is utter bull****.
    .......so where have stone-works of an eqivalent scale and quality to the Great Pyramid of Egypt been RECENTLY carried out???

..... where 100 tonne stone blocks were cut and placed upon one another with such precision that a sheet of paper wouldn't fit between them!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement