Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nunshaw

That is very true.This world offers so many "solutions" but God is the ONLY way, when people hear this their like oh no but what if i wanted to choose something else, the reality of it is that while you can choose another path Gods path is the only true one. But it's not like Gods path on our life is a bad one, I mean he did make us so he knows us best. God only wants to prosper us and strenghthen us. The thing is we cannot make it on our own. We can try but as history has shown we fail. God is the only one who is more than enough. Amen man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Once again though, this is not the point you were making. You've gone from claiming that the evolution simulations are proof of intelligent intervention to dismissing all simulations as meaningless.
    ....my point is that the validity or otherwise of a computer simuation relies on the underlying assumptions incorporated into the simulation. Weather simulations obviously work to the degree that they correctly model the undelying dynamics of the weather system being simulated.:)

EVERY computer simulation of Evolution, that I have examined to date has had fatal flaws in it's underlying assumptions or its programming!!!:):D

.....if you have any further examples, I will look at them for you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

nunshaw wrote: »
    That is very true.This world offers so many "solutions" but God is the ONLY way, when people hear this their like oh no but what if i wanted to choose something else, the reality of it is that while you can choose another path Gods path is the only true one. But it's not like Gods path on our life is a bad one, I mean he did make us so he knows us best. God only wants to prosper us and strenghthen us. The thing is we cannot make it on our own. We can try but as history has shown we fail. God is the only one who is more than enough. Amen man

Do you have any thoughts on the theory of evolution? You comments seem to be rather off-topic.

.....may God bless and prosper you too.

J C wrote: »
    ....my point is that the validity or otherwise of a computer simuation relies on the underlying assumptions incorporated into the simulation. Weather simulations obviously work to the degree that they correctly model the undelying dynamics of the weather system being simulated.:)

The assumptions in place are the laws of physics and chemistry. We don't need to invoke anything exotic.
    EVERY computer simulation that I have examined to date has had fatal flaws in it underlying assumptions or its programming!!!:):D

Which ones? Please point to examples.

• Advertisement

You'd rather we discuss anything but the science of evolution.

Well, I will not entertain any further discussion on the matter of the morality of any scientific theory and I would encourage the others to follow suit.
    .....I was going to also close the discussion on those dreadful killings.....but I must point out that Evolution ISN'T just 'any old scientific theory'...as you would like to characterise it......

.....I have never heard of anybody shooting somebody and claiming justification for it under the Theory of Gravity!!!

....yet here we have young men claiming to do what they call the 'work of Natural Selection'....and killing other young people as a result.

The assumptions in place are the laws of physics and chemistry. We don't need to invoke anything exotic.
    .....oh YES you DO!!!!!

Which ones? Please point to examples.
    .....there are a few earlier Evolution Simulations on this Thread....and I don't currently have access to the others.....and it would take me some time (that I don't have) to dig them out.

...anyway, you're the guy claiming to have the Evolution Simulation that will win the next Nobel Prize in Life Sciences.....so let us have a peek!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

......and since you claim to be their spokesman, could you please tell us how your "fellow guidestone brethren and the Christian cult of the Rosy Cross" plan to achieve a reduction of 80% in the Human population????

As Christians, we are waiting for God to do it - ever read Revelations? It's at the other chronological end of the Bible to Genesis!

.....we are in the World.....but not of the World.....and what a wonderful amazing World it is!!!!

....but it is only a paltry imitation of the World yet to come!!!!

....sounds like you're a Creationist!!!:D
    Yes living and loving the Lord:) God Bles

AtomicHorror: The assumptions in place are the laws of physics and chemistry. We don't need to invoke anything exotic.

.....oh YES you DO!!!!!

Such as what? Can you give me an example of an algorithm which invokes some other elements?
    .....there are a few earlier Evolution Simulations on this Thread....and I don't currently have access to the others.....and it would take me some time (that I don't have) to dig them out.

I didn't realise any had been specified before. Blind Watchmaker (also called Weasel) perhaps?
    ...anyway, you're the guy claiming to have the Evolution Simulation that will win the next Nobel Prize in Life Sciences.....so let us have a peek!!!:D

When did I make that claim?

• Advertisement

2Scoops wrote: »
    As Christians, we are waiting for God to do it - ever read Revelations? It's at the other chronological end of the Bible to Genesis!
    .....so you're not going to 'jump the gun' ....and do it yourselves then!!!

....why did you bother writing it in stone ....IF it could be read in Revelation!!!!!!

.....also the first rule which is to "MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE."....makes no reference to God!!!

.....and the basic message of MAINTAINING humanity in perpetuity at 10% of its current population has no parallel in Revelation....where the population reductions are due to a war that eventually leads to the End of the World!!!:eek:

.....it's heavy emphasis on 'nature' has no parallels with Revelation either!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Do you have any thoughts on the theory of evolution? You comments seem to be rather off-topic.

I don't think my comments are at all off topic.
    Dear Mods and fellow Boards Members.

I wish to open this thread to discuss the Bible and Creationism, and to hear peoples opinions on what can be viewed as the most fundamental part of the origins of man, and also to tease out what prophecy has to offer in where we came from and where we are going.

I hope that with enough interest that this thread becomes a sticky.

I also wish to ask everyone who posts here not to personally attack any person contributing. I look forward to a good debate...so my views are not really off topic. I do not believe in evolution, I believe in God and know that without him I am lost. Jesus made the ultimate sacrafice, He litterarly became sin for all of mankind so that we would be forgiven. I believe in god, his word. While evoluntionary ideas bash around facts upon factsn and come up with theories. Gods message is simple he is the way, how much more explanation do we need. Instead of constantly trying figure out where we came from we've missed the ONLY answer completely. Adam and Eve tried to be like god and took fruit from the tree of knowledge, we can never be God or completely understand his ways, Gods ways are mysterious as it says in
    1. Isaiah 45:15
      Truly, O God of Israel, our Savior,you work in mysterious ways.
      Isaiah 45:14-16 (in Context) Isaiah 45 (Whole Chapter)
    We can never truly understand god, I truly believe that God created all of the planets all of the stars and everything else to remind us how big he is and that the God that did all that chooses us, but we also must choose him. God gave us the greatest gift of all , Free will. He wants us to fall in love with him and choose him he will not force us its not his nature. So i need no facts or percentages I know my God and I love him and he is more than enough.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

A question out of curiosity, and forgive me if it has been asked many times. Genesis says:

So, basically two of every land animal in existence? Is it therefore the creationist contention that all of the species of dinosaur were represented on the ark?
    Certainly every kind of dinosaur.

Well I believe God, the one and only God, created man , Adam and then Eve, woman in his image. That he sent his only son Jesus Christ to make the Ultimate sacrafice for the forgiveness of sins. I believe in the god that seeks the lost. So I believe in GOD> :)

I don't think my comments are at all off topic.
    Dear Mods and fellow Boards Members.

I wish to open this thread to discuss the Bible and Creationism, and to hear peoples opinions on what can be viewed as the most fundamental part of the origins of man, and also to tease out what prophecy has to offer in where we came from and where we are going.

I hope that with enough interest that this thread becomes a sticky.

I also wish to ask everyone who posts here not to personally attack any person contributing. I look forward to a good debate...so my views are not really off topic. I do not believe in evolution, I believe in God and know that without him I am lost. Jesus made the ultimate sacrafice, He litterarly became sin for all of mankind so that we would be forgiven. I believe in god, his word. While evoluntionary ideas bash around facts upon factsn and come up with theories. Gods message is simple he is the way, how much more explanation do we need. Instead of constantly trying figure out where we came from we've missed the ONLY answer completely. Adam and Eve tried to be like god and took fruit from the tree of knowledge, we can never be God or completely understand his ways, Gods ways are mysterious as it says in
    1. Isaiah 45:15
      Truly, O God of Israel, our Savior,you work in mysterious ways.
      Isaiah 45:14-16 (in Context) Isaiah 45 (Whole Chapter)
    We can never truly understand god, I truly believe that God created all of the planets all of the stars and everything else to remind us how big he is and that the God that did all that chooses us, but we also must choose him. God gave us the greatest gift of all , Free will. He wants us to fall in love with him and choose him he will not force us its not his nature. So i need no facts or percentages I know my God and I love him and he is more than enough.......
    ....Amen to that!!!!

wolfsbane wrote: »
    Certainly every kind of dinosaur.

Well yes I meant "kind" or whatever subdivision you'd like to use. My question then is what happened to them? They became extinct after the flood?

.....so you're not going to 'jump the gun' ....and do it yourselves then!!!

Nope - Jesus and friends are more and than capable. And we Christians, for our part, are patient.
    ....why did you bother writing it in stone ....IF it could be read in Revelation!!!!!!

So people who don't have a Bible can read it too.
    .....also the first rule which is to "MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE."....makes no reference to God!!!

The God part is implied due to the designed nature of nature. Ever see the Grand Canyon? The hand of God is there.
    .....and the basic message of MAINTAINING humanity in perpetuity at 10% of its current population has no parallel in Revelation....where the population reductions are due to a war that eventually leads to the End of the World!!!:eek:

By hook or by crook, we Christians will reduce the population of the Earth. After Rapture, 10% will remain. Or it's a metaphor. Or a mistranslation.

Well I believe God, the one and only God, created man , Adam and then Eve, woman in his image. That he sent his only son Jesus Christ to make the Ultimate sacrafice for the forgiveness of sins. I believe in the god that seeks the lost. So I believe in GOD> :)

Do you think that evolution contradicts your belief in God?

Do you think that evolution contradicts your belief in God?

Of course I don't!!. While life is hard sometimes I put my trust in God as he gives me the strength to persevere through anything. Evolution never comes into it. God is God and that is that...:)

....Amen to that!!!!

Where are you from ?

• Advertisement

Of course I don't!!. While life is hard sometimes I put my trust in God as he gives me the strength to persevere through anything. Evolution never comes into it. God is God and that is that...:)

What I mean is, would it matter to your faith if evolution were true?

Where are you from ?

An obvious evil-illusionist plot to discovery your identity, J C! :eek: Tell him nothing!

But evolution is not true.......

But evolution is not true.......

The "if" was the important word there. I suspected you don't accept evolution. So I guess the answer would be "yes, it would matter". Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Evolution is a concept, as is God created heaven and earth, planets stars people etc.

Every single culture on this planet has their own interpretation of the creation myth, some say adam and eve, but that is not what the greeks, russian, norweigians, chinese say etc...

The bible has been tampered with, altered and modified for centuries, history of course always being writen by the victors.

Saying God is God and that is that, as it does in another post, is fair enough from one persons opinion, but it is not more grounded in fact than evolution.

Any God, or higher power or being only exists on faith. Fair play to those who believe, and tut tut to those who persist in pushing religion down peoples throat.

Free will is great, however, how come when bad things happen, the free will arguement goes out the window and most people do the 'poor me, what did i do to deserve this God is punishing me'.

sorry if i am appearing vague, but my point is, God is subjective, we have no way of knowing if he/she/it exists, nor can we disprove it. I would just ask that people treat others as they wish to be treated, remember the motorist you yelled at or the shop assistant you were rude to, also have family, they too are someones mother/brother/sister/father etc...

Be nice to one another, but never try to push your beliefs on others.

Thanks for listening, life is too short for fighting, ohh if only governments could grasp that all over the world, how at peace we will all be.

Ever the optimist ;)

The "if" was the important word there. I suspected you don't accept evolution. So I guess the answer would be "yes, it would matter". Thank you.

Well it is not ever going to matter because evolution is not true. If is never going to be an issue because having a false ideal is the same as lying, its the same in Gods eyes so say "if" I didn't lie it wouldn't make a difference because people always lie so people will always talk about evolution its the same principle. We can discuss it but at the end of the day God created everythin, and that my friend is no lie!!

2Scoops wrote: »
    Nope - Jesus and friends are more and than capable. And we Christians, for our part, are patient.

So people who don't have a Bible can read it too.

The God part is implied due to the designed nature of nature. Ever see the Grand Canyon? The hand of God is there.

By hook or by crook, we Christians will reduce the population of the Earth. After Rapture, 10% will remain. Or it's a metaphor. Or a mistranslation.
    ......all these claims to be a Christian.....so is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour?

Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Well it is not ever going to matter because evolution is not true. If is never going to be an issue because having a false ideal is the same as lying, its the same in Gods eyes so say "if" I didn't lie it wouldn't make a difference because people always lie so people will always talk about evolution its the same principle. We can discuss it but at the end of the day God created everythin, and that my friend is no lie!!

Prove it.

Where are you from ?
    ....I am from God .....to whom I must eventually return!!!

• Advertisement

Prove it.
    ....look at Postings #1 to #12630!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement