Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

sukikettle wrote: »
    God's creation a tree=reliable
    Man's carbon dating is certainly not reliable and doesn't claim to be.
    Think airbags..think weather forecast with sattelite tracking the weather that just didn't pick up hurricane Charlie in 86. Think dinasaurs who were the only creatures to succomb to an asteroid did you think do find out if they were nephilim, a by-prooduct of the fallen race. Or is all your info man-given unlike mine

Evidence or go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I posted this in A&A, but I think it should be here too, given our newcomer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

God's creation a tree=reliable
    Yes... So you agree that tree rings can be used to date things?
    Would you care to guess how many years we have a complete composite tree ring record for?
    Man's carbon dating is certainly not reliable and doesn't claim to be.

sigh... I was hoping we could avoid this...
    I was hoping that we could keep it as at primary school level of science so you could at least attempt to follow.
    (That's a bit nasty there kiffer, watch yourself)
    I didn't mention radiocarbon dating...
    but if you want we can talk about it, or other dating methods.

Think airbags..think weather forecast with sattelite tracking the weather that just didn't pick up hurricane Charlie in 86.

Auld Mr. Fish was just a crap weatherman.
    What's that got to do with answering any of my very very basic questions.

Think dinasaurs who were the only creatures to succomb to an asteroid did you think do find out if they were nephilim, a by-prooduct of the fallen race. Or is all your info man-given unlike mine

You don't seem to have any "non-man" given information...
    The dinosaurs are the nephilim? Where is that in the bible... I think you'll find that some human told you that. (I don't even have to say the bible is written by people here, A person told you this and everything else about the subject)
    I think your trying to be somehow suggest that the dinosaurs were the only creatures that went extinct during that particular Mass Extinction Event, this is not the case.
    Perhaps you should read up on the topic.

I am of the opinion that sukikettle is a sockpuppet designed for the purposes of Trolling (and making theist look bad).
    I just don't believe she's a real person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Evidence for what...so you'll believe...wouldn't the whole world be Christian and this debate a mute point. Who do you think you are Atomic.
    When Thomas stuck his hand in the Lord's side...the Lord declared 'blessed are those who do not see and still believe'
    I don't see you quoting scripture.If you're so bent on arguing a no God you'd at least be a little familiar. Doesn't that make you arrogant? If God was such a no-go you'd ignore people like me quite easily. Why does God irritate Atomic

Evidence for what...so you'll believe...wouldn't the whole world be Christian and this debate a mute point. Who do you think you are Atomic.
    When Thomas stuck his hand in the Lord's side...the Lord declared 'blessed are those who do not see and still believe'
    I don't see you quoting scripture.If you're so bent on arguing a no God you'd at least be a little familiar. Doesn't that make you arrogant? If God was such a no-go you'd ignore people like me quite easily. Why does God irritate Atomic

I find you people quite amusing, actually.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't even know what trolling is
    You didn't say a whole lot to back carbon dating up whereas it's fairly well known it's not reliable as temperature and oxygen levels at the time of exposure can distort the reading. Look it up. It's there in all it's impartial glory would you like a link?

Hey all we're asking for is what Thomas got... he demanded evidence and got it... is he in hell?

I don't see you quoting scripture.If you're so bent on arguing a no God you'd at least be a little familiar.
    I've quoted scripture to you a few times and gotten no responce from you...
    You've never posted an actual reference that I've noticed.
    You've poopooed several well researched things and never given any links or references to back you up. You should practice what you preach.
    Doesn't that make you arrogant? If God was such a no-go you'd ignore people like me quite easily. Why does God irritate Atomic

You're looking more and more like a Sockpuppet Troll.
    I think the "P.S." post awhile ago makes you look worse again.

You find me sad...I'm sad for you...what is the point of your life...I bet you're busy getting ready for Christmas you hypocrite

He doesn't.

He doesn't come into the argument we're having here, which is about evolution. Hence science instead of scripture. The thread is not about disproving God, in fact we've repeatedly stated that evolution does not contradict God. The topic is evolution. Would you like to discuss it?
    You didn't say a whole lot to back carbon dating up whereas it's fairly well known it's not reliable as temperature and oxygen levels at the time of exposure can distort the reading. Look it up. It's there in all it's impartial glory would you like a link?

They can influence the result by a few percent of error, sure. That's well understood. Even a 10% error wouldn't turn a reading for 300 million years into the tidy 6000 years demanded by creationism.

p.s. I don't read long posts...that's why mine are short. I don't care if I'm being dissed so stop quoting me and asking me stuff. It's arduous. A simple question at a time please. I'm not here to convert...I'm just posting

• Advertisement

If it is a link to a creationist website, then no. We have several thousand of those by now. Scientists are well aware of the limitations of carbon dating, which is why they are so careful in both its application and interpretation. There is no denial about this, and besides, there are dozens of independent means of testing the age of objects. Look it up.

p.s. I haven't quoted a single one of you guys. You have to be guys because it's such a guy thing to want to be right

You find me sad...I'm sad for you...what is the point of your life...I bet you're busy getting ready for Christmas you hypocrite

Jesus was born in July, wasn't he? The 25th of Dec is just another pagan holiday that your church assimilated to attract more converts. Look it up.

p.s. I haven't quoted a single one of you guys.

Yeah.
    You have to be guys because it's such a guy thing to want to be right

Yeah.

Shut up Flamed....yada yada yada yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trolling, as I'm pretty sure you are aware, is making inflammatory posts just to get a response.
    You didn't ask what a sockpuppet is...
    Just in case you don't know, a sockpuppet is a second fake account. which is used to make points either for or against your point so as to manipulate a conversation.
    You didn't say a whole lot to back carbon dating up

I didn't even bring up carbon dating.
    You did. I'm asking you about tree rings.
    whereas it's fairly well known it's not reliable as temperature and oxygen levels at the time of exposure can distort the reading. Look it up. It's there in all it's impartial glory would you like a link?

Yes I'd like a link! It would be the first one I'd have seen form you.

Shut up Flamed....yada yada yada yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm enjoying pwning you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Evidence for what...so you'll believe...wouldn't the whole world be Christian and this debate a mute point.

Do you mean a moot point?
    Who do you think you are Atomic.

I love it when you get all indignant like this.

People have every right to question anything they like. Your god and your beliefs are not above questioning or analysis, and to be honest it's just laughable that you seem to think everyone should pay obsequious respect to your particular beliefs when you're so dismissive and ignorant of other people's.

How deep can your faith really be - how powerful can your god really be - if you throw a hissy fit every time someone asks a valid question about either one of them?

p.s. I haven't quoted a single one of you guys. You have to be guys because it's such a guy thing to want to be right

That's pretty sexist.

We quote so that the conversation is easier to follow.

stop breaking down quotes and quoting all you quoting quoters quoting a load of unquotable reteric yada yada prove yourself give me proof simpering whimpering <my dog is howling to their chorus> !!!!!!!!! that'll be Hatter and atomic and this new one Diving

• Advertisement

stop
    breaking
    down
    quotes
    and
    quoting
    all
    you
    quoting
    quoters
    quoting
    a load of unquotable
    reteric
    yada yada prove yourself
    give me proof
    simpering whimpering
    <my dog is howling to their chorus> !!!!!!!!!
    that'll be Hatter and atomic and this new one Diving

No.

* wondering whether suki should in fact be psycho *

It aint easy to follow.....I don't even bother....so line up lads and one at a time please with the questions. Sock puppets and trolls and all the other insulting phrases are barred and if you use them I'm igging you

p.s. I don't read long posts...that's why mine are short. I don't care if I'm being dissed so stop quoting me and asking me stuff. It's arduous. A simple question at a time please. I'm not here to convert...I'm just posting

Right... You don't read long posts, just the first and last paragraph it would seem.
    My questions were very simple, only primary school level of understanding needed.

You don't care if you're being dissed so stop quoting you and asking you stuff?
    ok. Done. You ask some questions for awhile.

Rockbeer you're barred!

Kiffer I don't have questions I have my bible sweetie

Rockbeer you're barred!

Are you backseat modding by any chance?

It aint easy to follow.....I don't even bother....so line up lads and one at a time please with the questions. Sock puppets and trolls and all the other insulting phrases are barred and if you use them I'm igging you

You're either crazy or a wind-up artist, so no. We're not playing serious with you Suki.

If Kiffer quotes again he's barred with rockbeer.
    Back of the primary school class fellas

• Advertisement

Trolls just aren't what they used to be :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement