Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

J C wrote: »
    Togster is just panicking because Evolution has 'hit the rocks' on the thread ... and he is prepared to discuss ANYTHING else in order to remain in denial!!!!:pac::):D

..it's what is known as a 'red herring'!!!!:D

Interesting, considering you keep claiming victory and trying to talk prophecy every 50 pages or so, and how you jumped ship entirely when faced with a list of questions you couldn't answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

I'd have thought that execution broke that particular prophecy.
    No, the prophecy included both the execution and the glorious life to follow:
    Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,
    And who will declare His generation?
    For He was cut off from the land of the living;
    For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
    9 And they made His grave with the wicked
    But with the rich at His death,
    Because He had done no violence,
    Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
    10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him;
    He has put Him to grief.
    When You make His soul an offering for sin,
    He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
    And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.

11 He shall see the labor of His soul,and be satisfied.
    By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
    For He shall bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
    And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
    Because He poured out His soul unto death,
    And He was numbered with the transgressors,
    And He bore the sin of many,
    And made intercession for the transgressors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Morbert wrote: »
    You have proven no such thing. You have made irrelevant claims about spontaneous production, but have not addressed the issue of evolution. I must remind you (again) that it is extremely silly to claim you have done something when you have not done it.

Now I will ask again: Please provide the statistics which show that current proteins could not have evolved. Note that protein evolution is not the same as spontaneous generation of proteins.

I should also let you know that I am becoming very suspicious about your motives on this thread. You have said things that are so blatantly wrong that I suspect you are only pretending to believe in creationism.
    ....denial is a terrible thing !!!!:D

togster wrote: »
    Eh
    ... "a seal is a cross between a dog and a fish" ....
    ...is this supposed to be some kind of 'missing link' ... or is it just plain old-fashioned Evolutionist 'gobbeldy gook'????:confused:;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

...is this supposed to be some kind of 'missing link' ... or is it just plain old-fashioned Evolutionist 'gobbeldy gook'????:confused:;):D

It was supposed to be a quote but your over use of your exclamation mark meant you forgot the rest of my post in your little quote above.

Everything in context, another quote (i think!!!!!!)

It's all ok though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

....denial is a terrible thing !!!!:D

This comment suggests that you do not know the difference between evolution and spontaneous generation. This is probably why most of what you say is incorrect.

Needless to say, there has been no analysis showing that the evolution of proteins is statistically impossible.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Morbert wrote: »

I should also let you know that I am becoming very suspicious about your motives on this thread. You have said things that are so blatantly wrong that I suspect you are only pretending to believe in creationism.

He's been at it for nearly 4 years, look at page one of this very thread, he's the real deal. Ain't that right JC? ;)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He's been at it for nearly 4 years, look at page one of this very thread, he's the real deal. Ain't that right JC? ;)
    ...you're correct that I'm the 'Real Deal' ... a Saved Christian with full authority over every Demon in Hell and on Earth ... and a Polymath Creation Scientist with full conventional scientific authority to speak on EVERY scientific aspect of the 'Origins Question'!!!:D
    ...and I've been 'beating the pants' of every Evolutionist on this thread for the past four years!!!!

...this remarkable 'David and Goliath' struggle has pitted just ONE Creation Scientist against what must be at least ONE HUNDRED Evolutionist Scientists ... and guess what ... I have won EVERY argument 'hands down'.

...and just like David, I take no personal credit for any of it.
    It is actually very easy to win ANY argument when you have the TRUTH and GOD on your side!!!

...you guys should try it some time ... and you could Save your ETERNAL LIVES as an added bonus, in the process!!!!:pac::):D

...you're correct that I'm the 'Real Deal' ... a Saved Christian with full authority over every Demon in Hell and on Earth ... and a Polymath Creation Scientist with full conventional scientific authority to speak on EVERY scientific aspect of the 'Origins Question'!!!:D
    ...and I've been 'beating the pants' of every Evolutionist on this thread for the past four years!!!!

...this remarkable 'David and Goliath' struggle has pitted just ONE Creation Scientist against what must be at least ONE HUNDRED Evolutionist Scientists ... and guess what ... I have won EVERY argument 'hands down'.

...and just like David, I take no personal credit for any of it.
    It is actually very easy to win ANY argument when you have the TRUTH and GOD on your side!!!

...you guys should try it some time ... and you could Save your ETERNAL LIVES as an added bonus, in the process!!!!:pac::):D

Doesn't Jesus teach humility and meekness?

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ....denial is a terrible thing !!!!

Morbert
    This comment suggests that you do not know the difference between evolution and spontaneous generation.
    ...whatever about the spurious difference between evolution and spontaneous generation ... my comment proves that I know what denial looks like ... and the past two pages of Evolutionist postings are 'dripping' with the stuff !!!!

wrote:
    Morbert
    Needless to say, there has been no analysis showing that the evolution of proteins is statistically impossible.
    ...like I have ALREADY said in posting #16272, I have given you ALL of the (independently verifiable) statistics which you need to work out that the spontaneous production of the sequence for a specific protein is a mathematical IMPOSSIBILITY...and I have even done the maths for you...
    ...go figure!!!:D

...I can only conclude from your postings that you are in denial when faced with this incontrovertable EVIDENCE!!!

...I understand your denial...I too was in denial that evolution was impossible ... for many years !!! :pac::):D

....denial of God is a terrible thing ... it eats away at your very soul !!!

• Advertisement

Doesn't Jesus teach humility and meekness?
    ... He sure does ... and He also commands us to preach the TRUTH!!!

.....and the TRUTH in my posting is that ... "this remarkable 'David and Goliath' struggle has pitted just ONE Creation Scientist against what must be at least ONE HUNDRED Evolutionist Scientists ... and ... I have won EVERY argument 'hands down'".

...and the HUMILITY in my posting is that I have said that "just like David, I take no personal credit for any of it."

...I don't know how much more HUMBLE I can get!!!!:pac::):D :eek:

...if I became any more humble ... I might become proud of my humility ... and commit the sin of pride instead!!!:D

...I don't know how much more HUMBLE I can get!!!!:pac::):D :eek:

If you are preaching the word of god as you put it, i think you may have found a way to express yourself without gloating and less punctuation marks tbh.

You might know what the word humble means but i have yet to see you express it.

It's all ok though :)
    ...it certainly isn't 'all OK' if you haven't been Saved ... and you are just a heartbeat away from Eternal Perdition!!!!

...Hell is NOT a nice place!!!

....and Heaven is bliss!!!!:pac::):D

I lay before you life and death says the Lord ... choose life!!!

...of course it is entirely up to YOU!!!

If you are preaching the word of god as you put it, i think you may have found a way to express yourself without gloating and less punctuation marks tbh.

You might know what the word humble means but i have yet to see you express it.
    ...I am just a sinful Saved Human Being ... trying my best to be as humble as possible ... but faced with enormous TEMPTATION...from the inane, weak postings of the Evolutionists on this thread!!!

...I wouldn't be Human if I didn't allow myself the occasional 'gloat'...and of course, always with immediate repentance for my gloating sin!!!:pac::):D

...it certainly isn't 'all OK' if you haven't been Saved ... and you are just a heartbeat away from Eternal Perdition!!!!

...Hell is NOT a nice place!!!

....and Heaven is bliss!!!!:pac::):D

I lay before you life and death says the Lord ... choose life!!!

Hmmm...

Again context JC.

I am at a loss as to how this is relevant to anything to be honest.

Again i can't imagine how deliberatley manipulating what people say to suit your own argument is going to get you closer to heaven. Or?

...I wouldn't be Human if I didn't allow myself the occasional 'gloat'...and of course, always with immediate repentance for my gloating sin!!!:pac::):D

Seems rather hypocritical to me, that you allow yourself to sin with a get out of jail card. Can't imagine God advocating that tbh.

If you are going to use the god card to ascert that your arguments are beyond rebuke, then at least do it in a way that is in accordance with his teachings. Doesn't Jesus talk of righteousness too?

Otherwise you are a hypocrite my friend.

Jesus preached understanding. So you should understand other peoples point of view and understand they are entitled to debate their views with you in a productive way.

Claiming victory is selfish and tbh that's your ego rather than God at work. (IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

...like I have ALREADY said in posting #16272, I have given you ALL of the (independently verifiable) statistics which you need to work out that the spontaneous production of the sequence for a specific protein is a mathematical IMPOSSIBILITY...and I have even done the maths for you...
    ...go figure!!!:D

As I have already said, arguments against spontaneous production are irrelevant. You said you have shown that they could not have evolved. You have not actually shown that they could not have evolved.

Seems rather hypocritical to me, that you allow yourself to sin with a get out of jail card. Can't imagine God advocating that tbh.

If you are going to use the god card to ascert that your arguments are beyond rebuke, then at least do it in a way that is in accordance with his teachings. Doesn't Jesus talk of righteousness too?

Jesus preached understanding. So you should understand other peoples point of view and understand they are entitled to debate their views with you in a productive way.

Claiming victory is selfish and tbh that's your ego rather than God at work. (IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

S/he does that about once every couple of months. Except for about April-recently, when s/he was mysteriously absent while AtomicHorror was asking hard questions and refusing to stop until they were answered. AH's gone, and J C seems to have returned now that the coast is clear.

As to whether s/he's a troll, search the thread for a user called gryphonboy. Shortly after AH first came up with his list of questions unanswered by creationists, gryphonboy posted a reply to J C's own list of questions, which the latter had posted on page one of this thread. (Who reads page one?! Who writes a reply to a four-year-old post in an at-the-time-nearly-a-thousand-pages-long thread?!) J C dismissed each one without addressing it (the word 'fail' was used), and then refused to address AH's questions until his were answered again.

That is the only post that gryphonboy has made on boards.ie. Not saying it's conclusive, but it is certainly interesting behaviour.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ......I lay before you life and death says the Lord ... choose life!!!

togster
    Hmmm...

Again context JC.

I am at a loss as to how this is relevant to anything to be honest.
    ....it would become VERY relevant if you were to die in an unsaved state!!!

...claiming victory ... and giving the credit to God isn't egotistical!!!

...like I have said, I am a sinful Human Being Saved through NO MERIT on my part!!!

...the righteousness of ALL men (including myself) is as filthy rags when compared with God.

...I don't claim to be 'holier than thou' ... I'm just 'more knowledgeable than thou' ... about the things of God ... and I am also Saved.

...apart from that, I am just your regular kind of guy ... living the life ... and lovin' it!!!!:pac::):D

• Advertisement

S/he does that about once every couple of months. Except for about April-recently, when s/he was mysteriously absent while AtomicHorror was asking hard questions and refusing to stop until they were answered. AH's gone, and J C seems to have returned now that the coast is clear.

As to whether s/he's a troll, search the thread for a user called gryphonboy. Shortly after AH first came up with his list of questions unanswered by creationists, gryphonboy posted a reply to J C's own list of questions, which the latter had posted on page one of this thread. (Who reads page one?! Who writes a reply to a four-year-old post in an at-the-time-nearly-a-thousand-pages-long thread?!) J C dismissed each one without addressing it (the word 'fail' was used), and then refused to address AH's questions until his were answered again.

That is the only post that gryphonboy has made on boards.ie. Not saying it's conclusive, but it is certainly interesting behaviour.
    ...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that I'm not out to get you!!!!:pac::):D

...the answer is simple ... I was too busy 'running the World' last April/May to post on the Boards!!!

...and I have REPEATEDLY answered all of AHs questions both before and after April/May !!!:pac::):D

... being Saved is actually the ultimate 'get out of jail card'!!!!:pac::):D
    ... otherwise we would spend an ETERNITY in Hell.

...and an ETERNITY is a very very long time!!!

...and Hell is ... er ... HELL!!!:pac::):D

...and BTW God is NOT some 'cosmic policeman' counting up your sins on some kind of Penalty Points Machine ... He is a loving God that desires that NOBODY be lost ... and all He asks is that you love Him and trust on Jesus Christ to Save you.

...now that cannot possibly hurt ... can it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

I sort of remember that. Didn't Gryphonboy and J C have a bit of clash in that exchange though? :confused: I could be mistaken.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I sort of remember that. Didn't Gryphonboy and J C have a bit of clash in that exchange though? :confused: I could be mistaken.

Aha but after people complained about him just writing the word fail after every answer, he replied:
    ...I will deal with any criticism of my answers to AH's 13 questions ... when you properly answer my 21 questions!!!!:pac::):D

...anything an Evolutionist can do ... a Creation Scientist can do better!!!!:pac::):D:eek:

And then he did an uncanny impersonation of this guy.

Nope, if you click on the link, you'll see that gb's postcount is still 1.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Aha but after people complained about him just writing the word fail after every answer, he replied:

And then he did an uncanny impersonation of this guy.
    ....HOW did you get my photograph????:pac::):D:eek:

Hey J C for the sake of those who might have missed your answers to AH's list of questions could you maybe re-post them again so we can all have a fresh look? Pretty please with sugar on top??? :p

Nope, if you click on the link, you'll see that gb's postcount is still 1.
    ....calm down...as I don't suffer from Schizophrenia ... I don't argue with MYSELF ... and I'm NOT Griffonboy!!!!:pac::):D

All of this is denial of the 'Elephant in the Room' ... the fact that I have mathematically proven that the spontaneous evolution of a specific short protein sequence is a mathematical impossibility even using ALL of the matter and time in the supposed Big Bang Universe ... and the frantic 'hand waving' response from all of the Evolutionists on this thread...prove that their 'goose is well and truly cooked'!!!:pac::):D

....calm down...as I don't suffer from Schizophrenia ... I don't argue with MYSELF ... and I'm NOT Griffonboy!!!!

... anyway I think that we have had enough of this denial of the 'Elephant in the Room' ... the fact that I have mathematically proven that the spontaneous evolution of a specific short protein sequence is a mathematical impossibility even using ALL of the matter and time in the supposed Big Bang Universe ... and the frantic 'hand waving' response from all of the Evolutionists on this thread!!!

I take it you don't subscribe to the Big Bang (terrible name for it) model then? If not then what model do you subscribe to? Do you not think that there is insurmountable evidence for the Big Bang model? And do you not think that that model is consistent with the creation ex nihilo? Just curious, don't jump down my throat or anything... :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hey J C for the sake of those who might have missed your answers to AH's list of questions could you maybe re-post them again so we can all have a fresh look? Pretty please with sugar on top??? :p
    ...there have been so many questions ... and so many answers ... that I don't know what you are talking about at this stage!!!

The following verses of Scripture seem to be appropriate:-
    Mt 16:1 ¶ The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
    2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
    3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
    4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement