Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, so why did God create females then?
    Surely the idea came from somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

J C wrote: »
    ...there are many, many Creation Scientists and ID Proponents working in the oil and bio-tech industries...but I'm not going to trigger a 'witch hunt' by naming any of them!!!

Name one oil find that was based on Flood theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Malty_T wrote: »
    Ok, so why did God create females then?
    Surely the idea came from somewhere?
    ...He obviously decided that sex was a very good idea!!!;):P

... and speaking as a fellow male, I wholeheartedly agree with Him!!!!!!;):P

Wicknight wrote: »
    Name one oil find that was based on Flood theory.
    ...ALL of the big discoveries are based on Creation Science (but not Flood Theory)!!!

....it is actually the Evolutionists that have tried (and failed) to find oil based on a 'Flood-type' theory ... i.e. the theory that mineral oil originated from billons of dead things catastrophically buried under rock layers laid down by water all over the Earth!!!

Creation Scietists hold to the Abiotic Oil Theory ... which has little to do with Flood Processes!!!
    ...and that is why Creation Science is now widely used in petroleum exploration ... although the Creation Scientists involved don't call it Creation Science in order not to 'disturb' the Evolutionists amongst them!!!!:D:):eek:

...and that is ALL that I am prepared to say on that particular subject!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

That's a shame, because it doesn't make any sense.

It's also up to your usual standards in complete absence of evidence.

• Advertisement

...ALL of the big discoveries are based on Creation Science (but not Flood Theory)!!!

Name one...

...that is OK!!!

...He obviously decided that sex was a very good idea!!!;):P

Then why the STIs?
    Why not just create a world where man on man action is appropiate.. you're still not explaining why there are females here.

Name one...
    ..I have said too much already!!!:P

Then why the STIs?
    Why not just create a world where man on man action is appropiate.. you're still not explaining why there are females here.
    STDs are only a problem where the 'manufacturers instructions' aren't followed!!!

...and 'male on male action' isn't sexual reproduction...although there are a few hermaphrodite species that engage in '69' type activities!!!!:D:)

...and I have already explained that females are required for sex to occur ... and that is why there are females here (and males as well)!!!!:D

....anyway, why do you think there are females?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Malty_T said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wolfsbane
    We oppose both abiogenesis and evolution, as both contradict the revealed Word of God.

How does it contradict God's word??

Abiogensis, does not know, evolution merely evolved species???
    Abiogenesis, the emergence of life from non-life by materialistic means, contradicts the Bible account that says God brought life from non-life by direct fiat in a space of 6 days, some 6 thousand years ago.

Evolution contradicts the Bible account that says all life was created fully mature and functioning in the beginning, and by implication the species diversified during the following millennia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Name 1, just one.
    Creation Scietists hold to the Abiotic Oil Theory ... which has little to do with Flood Processes!!!
    ...and that is why Creation Science is now widely used in petroleum exploration ... although the Creation Scientists involved don't call it Creation Science in order not to 'disturb' the Evolutionists amongst them!!!!:D:):eek:

So nows theres a worldwide conspiracy among geologists too ?

Abiogenic petroleum origin is an alternative hypothesis to the prevailing biological origin theory of petroleum origins. Most popular in Russia and Ukraine between the 1950s and 1980s, the abiogenic hypothesis has little support among contemporary petroleum geologists, who argue that abiogenic petroleum does not exist in significant amounts and that there is no indication that an application of the hypothesis is or has ever been of commercial value.

Why stop ? Everything you say is always easily disproven, if you keep saying apparently random things, eventually you might get something right.

monosharp wrote: »
    Name 1, just one.
    ...the main source of oil in every large oilfield is abiotic!!!

...so take your pick!!!

So nows theres a worldwide conspiracy among geologists too ?

Abiogenic petroleum origin is an alternative hypothesis to the prevailing biological origin theory of petroleum origins. Most popular in Russia and Ukraine between the 1950s and 1980s, the abiogenic hypothesis has little support among contemporary petroleum geologists, who argue that abiogenic petroleum does not exist in significant amounts and that there is no indication that an application of the hypothesis is or has ever been of commercial value.
    ...it's a free country ... so you may, of course, believe that if you wish!!!!:pac::):D

Evidence ? Proof ?

Do you just ignore everything that doesn't suit you ? If you don't agree then its incorrect ? Now your saying that the worlds geologists are in a conspiracy against you ?
    ...so take your pick!!!

Name 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

...Did you read the article?

It is a review of the Shannon measure of information ... but no example was given of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process that increases the functional information in the genome.

...so anybody want to give Prof Dawkins a 'dig out' ... by answering the question?
    Did you miss the example this evolutionist gave?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJKZPpH80A&feature=related

Seems that evolutionists think mismatching a complimentary pair increases the functional information in the genome. Why am I not surprised? :D

Evidence ? Proof ?

Do you just ignore everything that doesn't suit you ? If you don't agree then its incorrect ? Now your saying that the worlds geologists are in a conspiracy against you ?

Name 1.
    ...making the print bigger doesn't make it true!!!

... I find the innocent acceptance of 'conventional wisdom' by Evolutionists to be a very endearing characteristic!!!:D:)

...making the print bigger doesn't make it true!!!

...like I have said, I find the innocent acceptance of 'conventional wisdom' by Evolutionists to be a very endearing characteristic!!!:D:)

I thought I'd try help you read it since this is the 3rd time I have posted it and you have ignored it.

I thought I'd try help you read it since this is the 3rd time I have posted it and you have ignored it.
    ...I didn't ignore it ... I read it ... and I know it isn't true ... and I said so ... what more do you want me to say???:)

..it may be 'counter intuitive' ... but then some of the best (and most profitable) ideas often are!!!!:D:eek:

Can you name ONE oil find that was found based on the predictions of Creationist theories.

One that Creationists said was here and modern geology said wasn't and Creationist where right

Can you name ONE oil find that was found based on the predictions of Creationist theories.

One that Creationists said was here and modern geology said wasn't and Creationist where right
    ...modern petroleum geology relies heavily on Creation Science ... so your question is somewhat pointless!!!!:D:)

• Advertisement

...modern petroleum geology relies heavily on Creation Science ... so your question is somewhat pointless!!!!:D:)

No it doesn't, that is a lie.

Please name one oil find that was found using the predictions of a Creationist theory.

No it doesn't, that is a lie.

Please name one oil find that was found using the predictions of a Creationist theory.
    ...I love you Wicknight ... in a purely Christian and platonic way, I hasten to add!!!:pac::):D

The truth can be tough .. but it will set you free!!!:D

...and do you have an explantion for females being here ... to satisfy Malty_T's curiosity?

...do you think they are here because of sex ... or for some other reason??

It can be JC.
    You are aware that when drilling for oil you have take into account the effects of contintental drift and plate tectonics that have taken place and shaped the crust by a process* of millions of years?

In fact, here's an interesting aside. Geologist didn't discover about plate tectonics and drifts until the 1950s, however oil companies were using it in their calculations well before that, it's just oil employees rarely published public technical papers and why give away the secret?
    Not sure how 'creation' science would have helped there...

*Still going today too.

It can be JC.
    You are aware that when drilling for oil you have take into account the effects of contintental drift and plate tectonics that have taken place and shaped the crust by a process* of millions of years?

In fact, here's an interesting aside. Geologist didn't discover about plate tectonics and drifts until the 1950s, however oil companies were using it in their calculations well before that, it's just oil employees rarely published public technical papers and why give away the secret?

*Still going today too.
    ...and petroleum geologists are still not publishing technical papers or giving away know-how !!!!

I'll give you a hint ... plate tectonics are important in prospecting for oil ... but not for the reasons that you may have been told!!!:D

...and why do you believe that females are here?

...and petroleum geologists are still not publishing technical papers or giving away know-how !!!!

I'll give you a hint ... plate tectonics are important in prospecting for oil ... but not for the reasons that you may have been told!!!:D

Enlighten me
    ...and why do you believe that females are here?

I don't know why anyone is here:P

Enlighten me
    ...believe on Jesus Christ and He will save you.:)

I don't know why anyone is here:P
    ...you are here because God willed it so.:)

...I love you Wicknight ... in a purely Christian and platonic way, I hasten to add!!!:pac::):D

The truth can be tough .. but it will set you free!!!:D

...and do you have an explantion for females being here ... to satisfy Malty_T's curiosity?

...do you think they are here because of sex ... or for some other reason??

You reading this Wolfsbane ... your hallowed scientist unable to answer a very basic question that should be easy to answer if Creationists are regularly demonstrating how accurate their "science" is

...believe on Jesus Christ and He will save you.:)

Well you can help by actually telling me how I've been deceived about plate tectonics.

Well you can help by actually telling me how I've been deceived about plate tectonics.
    ..No!!:)

...but I can tell you they didn't take billions of years!!!

..and your eternal destiny is much more important than finding oil (although, for the Saved, it too can be a very rewarding experience)!!!:D

• Advertisement

You reading this Wolfsbane ... your hallowed scientist unable to answer a very basic question that should be easy to answer if Creationists are regularly demonstrating how accurate their "science" is
    ...there is such a thing as industrial secrets ... and know-how!!:D

..and I am not 'hallowed' ... just another undeserving sinner Saved by Jesus Christ!!!:D

Mt 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
    4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
    5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
    6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. {tempt: or, try, or, put to trial, or, proof}
    8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement