Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

J C wrote: »
    .... and so boys and girls ... they all lived happily ever after!!!

In keeping with the 'Alice in Wonderland' levels of denial that Evolutionists, like Sam, engage in ... I now wish to repeat ... by popular demand ”An Evolutionary Bed Time Story” ... this is for all you boys and girls out there, who haven't grown up enough to come to terms with the fact that it isn't all going to end when you die ... and you will come face to face with the loving and just God that Created you.

Although written in an ironic style, it does genuinely make me somewhat sad as well.
    I too spent the best part of my childhood believing in Evolution Fairytale ... and all of the “characters” in the Evolutionary Zoo evoke ‘special’ memories for me also.

Quote from
    An Introduction to Evolutionary Biology
    ”In the fossil record, transition from one species to another is usually abrupt in most geographic locales -- no transitional forms are found. In short, it appears that species remain unchanged for long stretches of time and then are quickly replaced by new species. However, if wide ranges are searched, transitional forms that bridge the gap between the two species are sometimes found in small, localized areas. For example, in Jurassic brachiopods of the genus Kutchithyris, K. acutiplicata appears below another species, K. euryptycha. Both species were common and covered a wide geographical area. They differ enough that some have argued they should be in a different genera. In just one small locality an approximately 1.25m sedimentary layer with these fossils is found. In the narrow (10 cm) layer that separates the two species, both species are found along with transitional forms. In other localities there is a sharp transition.”

An Evolutionary Bed Time Story

Here is your bedtime story boys and girls, of my recent visit to the Evolutionary Zoo.

Once upon a time, when I was very, very young the Evolutionary Zoo was full of many wonderful and strange Beasts. Indeed, there were so many, that it used to take me a whole day to see them all, whenever I visited the Evolutionary Zoo!!

You can imagine, my disappointment when I recently visited the Evolutionary Zoo and I found only the above very sad little beasties, with names that I couldn't even begin to pronounce, all on their own, squeezed into just one “small localised area”.

I found that the Hopeful Monster’s Enclosure was completely unenclosed – with not a Monster in sight. I also found that the Archaeopteryx had “flown it’s coop” – because it was a REAL bird, after all.

I went looking for the Zoo Keeper and I found him over in the Dinosaur Enclosure, MILKING a large Dinosaur!!
    The Keeper told me that he thought that it was a actually a large MAMMAL Dinosaur.
    “However,” says the Keeper, “the Evolutionists continue to insist that it is a hot-blooded, hairy, lactating LIZARD!!! Either way,” says he, “I have found that the milk tastes great on me Porridge and it's full of Calcium!!”

I then got talking with the Keeper and I asked him what ever happened to the “little horsies” that used to take people for a ride down on the ‘Missing Links Carousel’ and he told me that the Evolutionary Scientists had shot them all – apparently because they weren’t actually Missing Links at all, at all.

“Do you know” says the Keeper, “that an evolutionary Doctor once told me that me Hair Lice evolved from me Skin Lice?” – and looking at the state of his personal hygiene, I could well believe it!!
    “Anyway,” says he, “I have found that this stuff kills the lot of them”. And he reached for a tin of Louse Powder and proceeded to pour copious quantities of it down his trousers. “There”, says he smugly, “they’ll all be ‘As Dead as Evolution’ in a few minutes!!”

As we swapped stories of days that are gone, the Keeper told me that both Peking Man and Java Man had gone and disappeared – when he came into work one morning, they just weren’t there any more – they were reported to the Police as missing ‘Missing Links’ so to speak – but all to no avail, and they were never, ever seen again!!!

I then asked about Piltdown Man who used to live in the cage next to Nebraska man. The keeper shook his head and said that Piltdown Man was only pretending to be a Missing Link – he was actually a MAN with a jaw transplanted from an Ape.
    Very, very painful boys and girls – and don’t ever, ever, try this at home!!

As for Nebraska Man, the darndest thing happened – he “morphed” into a little piggies tooth!!. When I asked how on Earth such a thing could happen - the Keeper muttered about it being an example of “Punctuated Evolution or something”!!.

I cried a little tear for all of the Great Evolutionary Beasts of my childhood, alas no more – the recapitulated embryos that didn’t recapitulate (serves them right for not recapitulating anyway), the ‘evolving’ grey/brown/white Moths that didn't evolve, Darwin’s Finches that are, how do you say it, still FINCHES, the Cro-Magnon Man that was a MAN and Little Lucy, the Monkey – who surprise, surprise, boys and girls, turned out to be an APE!!

A chance meeting with the Organ Grinder prompted me to ask him what ever happened to the hundreds of Vestigial Organs – that used to be ‘strung out’ all along the wall at the front gate.
    “Ah!”, says the Organ Grinder, “there hasn’t been a squeak out of them for years – not since the Medics found out what they all did and put me out of business!”

Many things brought the memories flooding back. The empty perch at the back gate reminded me of the great big ‘Evolutionary Turkey’ that used to sit there, spewing forth vast quantities of gobbledygook onto any unsuspecting visitor who ventured too close to it.
    The rusted sign over the Triceratops Enclosure remined me that it had been found to only be a 'Rhinocerous with Attitude' ... and a large bony frill and horns to prove it!!
    Equally, the profusion of Ostrich feathers blowing on the breeze reminded me of the vulnerability of the ‘Ostrich Dinosaur’ to mauling by the ‘Lion Dinosaur’.

Some things DID remain the same however, in the Evolutionary Zoo. The 300 million year old Coelacanth fish was still swimming in it's tank alongside a 300 million year old Shark and neither of them had changed a bit!!!
    Equally a 400 million year old starfish was nibbling away at a 500 million year old Clam while a 600 million year old jellyfish was floating aimlessly about beside them in it’s tank.

Meanwhile, a 500 million year old snail was busily munching-away at what was left of the flowerbed – and it also hadn’t changed (or evolved) one iota during all that time!!!

I called into the ‘Chip Shop’ before leaving and I noticed that the ‘Menu Special’ was ‘Dinosaur Burger a la chips’ – apparently the Palaeontologist had brought in a ‘fresh’ T. Rex leg that morning!!
    The waitress looked at me with that wide eyed, faith-filled expression common to all Evolutionists, and proceeded to re-assure me that even though it was 90 million years old, the meat was still perfect – and it tasted great.
    I decided that she might be as wrong about the quality of the meat as she was about it’s age – and so I went for a freshly caught Coelacanth ‘Fish and Chips’ instead!!!

As I was leaving, I read a notice on the gate, which said that the Evolutionary Zoo was closing down due to a lack of exhibits.

Aaah, the terrible price we pay for SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS boys and girls!!!

And WHO do you think I met on the way in as I was on the way out?

You guessed it – a guy called ‘Ham' with a group of 1,000 engineers called ‘Steve’!!!

So I asked Ken what he was doing there. He said, that he had just bought the Evolutionary Zoo and he had asked the 1,000 engineers called ‘Steve’ to draw up plans to redevelop the site – as a Creation Science Research Facility!!!

Nighty, nite boys and girls – sleep tight – and don’t let the bedbugs bite!!!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Morbert wrote: »
    This spam doesn't progress the conversation, and only serves to keep a thread alive that should have died a long time ago.

Kind of like the creationist movement.
    ... is that 'sour grapes' ... or what??!!!!:):D

Creation Science is going from strength to strength ...
    ... it is 'Pondkind to Mankind' Evolution that is at 'death's door' ... and about to become extinct!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And the award for most nonsensical post I've read in a long time goes to...

In keeping with the 'Alice in Wonderland' levels of denial that Evolutionists, like Sam, engage in ... I now wish to repeat ... by popular demand ”An Evolutionary Bed Time Story” ...
    ... this is for all you boys and girls out there, who haven't come to terms with the fact that life doesn't end when you die ... and you will then come face to face with the loving and just God that Created you.

Although written in an ironic style, it does genuinely make me somewhat sad as well.
    I too spent the best part of my childhood believing in the Evolution Fairytale ... and all of the “characters” in the Evolutionary Zoo evoke ‘special’ memories for me also.

Quote from
    ”In the fossil record, transition from one species to another is usually abrupt in most geographic locales -- no transitional forms are found. In short, it appears that species remain unchanged for long stretches of time and then are quickly replaced by new species. However, if wide ranges are searched, transitional forms that bridge the gap between the two species are sometimes found in small, localized areas. For example, in Jurassic brachiopods of the genus Kutchithyris, K. acutiplicata appears below another species, K. euryptycha. Both species were common and covered a wide geographical area. They differ enough that some have argued they should be in a different genera. In just one small locality an approximately 1.25m sedimentary layer with these fossils is found. In the narrow (10 cm) layer that separates the two species, both species are found along with transitional forms. In other localities there is a sharp transition.”

Here is your bedtime story boys and girls, of my recent visit to the Evolutionary Zoo.

Once upon a time, when I was very, very young the Evolutionary Zoo was full of many wonderful and strange Beasts. Indeed, there were so many, that it used to take me a whole day to see them all, whenever I visited the Evolutionary Zoo!!

You can imagine, my disappointment when I recently visited the Evolutionary Zoo and I found only the above very sad little beasties, with names that I couldn't even begin to pronounce, all on their own, squeezed into just one “small localised area”.

I found that the Hopeful Monster’s Enclosure was completely unenclosed – with not a Monster in sight. I also found that the Archaeopteryx had “flown it’s coop” – because it was a REAL bird, after all.

I went looking for the Zoo Keeper and I found him over in the Dinosaur Enclosure, MILKING a large Dinosaur!!
    The Keeper told me that he thought that it was a actually a large MAMMAL Dinosaur.
    “However,” says the Keeper, “the Evolutionists continue to insist that it is a hot-blooded, hairy, lactating LIZARD!!! Either way,” says he, “I have found that the milk tastes great on me Porridge and it's full of Calcium!!”

I then got talking with the Keeper and I asked him what ever happened to the “little horsies” that used to take people for a ride down on the ‘Missing Links Carousel’ and he told me that the Evolutionary Scientists had shot them all – apparently because they weren’t actually Missing Links at all, at all.

“Do you know” says the Keeper, “that an evolutionary Doctor once told me that me Hair Lice evolved from me Skin Lice?” – and looking at the state of his personal hygiene, I could well believe it!!
    “Anyway,” says he, “I have found that this stuff kills the lot of them”. And he reached for a tin of Louse Powder and proceeded to pour copious quantities of it down his trousers. “There”, says he smugly, “they’ll all be ‘As Dead as Evolution’ in a few minutes!!”

As we swapped stories of days that are gone, the Keeper told me that both Peking Man and Java Man had gone and disappeared – when he came into work one morning, they just weren’t there any more – they were reported to the Police as missing ‘Missing Links’ so to speak – but all to no avail, and they were never, ever seen again!!!

I then asked about Piltdown Man who used to live in the cage next to Nebraska man. The keeper shook his head and said that Piltdown Man was only pretending to be a Missing Link – he was actually a MAN with a jaw transplanted from an Ape.
    Very, very painful boys and girls – and don’t ever, ever, try this at home!!

As for Nebraska Man, the darndest thing happened – he “morphed” into a little piggies tooth!!. When I asked how on Earth such a thing could happen - the Keeper muttered about it being an example of “Punctuated Evolution or something”!!.

I cried a little tear for all of the Great Evolutionary Beasts of my childhood, alas no more – the recapitulated embryos that didn’t recapitulate (serves them right for not recapitulating anyway), the ‘evolving’ grey/brown/white Moths that didn't evolve, Darwin’s Finches that are, how do you say it, still FINCHES, the Cro-Magnon Man that was a MAN and Little Lucy, the Monkey – who surprise, surprise, boys and girls, turned out to be an APE!!

A chance meeting with the Organ Grinder prompted me to ask him what ever happened to the hundreds of Vestigial Organs – that used to be ‘strung out’ all along the wall at the front gate.
    “Ah!”, says the Organ Grinder, “there hasn’t been a squeak out of them for years – not since the Medics found out what they all did and put me out of business!”

Many things brought the memories flooding back. The empty perch at the back gate reminded me of the great big ‘Evolutionary Turkey’ that used to sit there, spewing forth vast quantities of gobbledygook onto any unsuspecting visitor who ventured too close to it.
    The rusted sign over the Triceratops Enclosure was a reminder that the Triceratops had been found to be a 'Rhinocerous with Attitude' ... and a large bony frill and the long horns to prove it!!
    Equally, the profusion of Ostrich feathers blowing on the breeze reminded me of the vulnerability of the ‘Ostrich Dinosaur’ to mauling by the ‘Lion Dinosaur’.

Some things DID remain the same however, in the Evolutionary Zoo. The 300 million year old Coelacanth fish was still swimming in it's tank alongside a 300 million year old Shark and neither of them had changed a bit!!!
    Equally a 400 million year old starfish was nibbling away at a 500 million year old Clam while a 600 million year old jellyfish was floating aimlessly about beside them in it’s tank.

Meanwhile, a 500 million year old snail was busily munching-away at what was left of the flowerbed – and it also hadn’t changed (or evolved) one iota during all that time!!!

I called into the ‘Chip Shop’ before leaving and I noticed that the ‘Menu Special’ was ‘Dinosaur Burger a la chips’ – apparently the Palaeontologist had brought in a ‘fresh’ T. Rex leg that morning!!
    The waitress looked at me with that wide eyed, faith-filled expression common to all Evolutionists, and proceeded to re-assure me that even though it was 90 million years old, the meat was still perfect – and it tasted great.
    I decided that she might be as wrong about the quality of the meat as she was about it’s age – and so I went for a freshly caught Coelacanth ‘Fish and Chips’ instead!!!

As I was leaving, I read a notice on the gate, which said that the Evolutionary Zoo was closing down due to a lack of exhibits.

Aaah, the terrible price we pay for SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS boys and girls!!!

And WHO do you think I met on the way in as I was on the way out?

You guessed it – a guy called ‘Ham' with a group of 1,000 engineers called ‘Steve’!!!

So I asked Ken what he was doing there. He said, that he had just bought the Evolutionary Zoo and he had asked the 1,000 engineers called ‘Steve’ to draw up plans to redevelop the site – as a Creation Science Research Facility!!!

Nighty, nite boys and girls – sleep tight – and don’t let the bedbugs bite!!!

And the award for most nonsensical post I've read in a long time goes to...
    ... it's not half as nonesensical as the rest of Evolution ... and the unfounded idea that Pondkind became Mankind ... with nothing added but time!!!:D:)

Please read it again ... and think about it!!!:D

You just have to laugh sometimes!!!!:D

Materialistic Evolutionists pride themselves on being 'rational' ...
    ... yet they believe in the spontaneous evolution of 'Pondkind to Mankind' ... which has even less 'logic' to it than the idea that if you 'stick a feather in the ground it will grow a hen' ...
    ... at least the feather is 'choc full' of complex biomolecules ... whose 'non-functional' chemical permutations are of such orders of magnitude that it would take every electron in known universe 'banging mindlessly away' for an effective infinity of time to produce the functional permutation for just one of them.

On the other hand, even though, Creationists cannot point to a God that the Materialist can see and touch with their physical senses ... they can scientifically demonstrate that life required a creative source of inordinate intelligence of Divine proportions ... and it is therefore irrational to believe that it could have had a purely materiailistic origin.

... so ironically, the truly rational position is Creation ... and that is why the Materialists 'twitch' so much when they are faced with the ultimate irrationality of their position ... and the fact that the Theory of Evolution does not ultimately provide intellectual satisfaction on the 'Origins Issue'!!!:):D

The ultimate irony of all of this is that the Materialists, who pride themselves on 'rationality' ... are completely irrational in their claims on the 'Origins Issue' ... while the Creationists, who are perceived as having a 'faith based' belief on the 'Origins Issue' ... are actually the ones with all of the rationality and physical evidence on their side!!!! :D

... strange but true!!!

... I guess this is an example of God having the last laugh!!!:):D:eek:

... and the truth setting you free!!!:D

• Advertisement

... and now for some more quotes from evolutionists for evolutionists:-

Michael Richardson Embryologist at St. George’s Medical School
    "This is one of the worst cases of scientific fraud. It's shocking to find that somebody one thought was a great scientist was deliberately misleading. It makes me angry. What Haeckel did was to take a human embryo and copy it, pretending that the salamander and the pig and all the others looked the same at the same stage of development. They don't. These are fakes." "An Embryonic Liar" The London Times August 11, 1997 p.14

I think it is called 'wishful thinking' ... and amazingly 'recapitulation' hasn't still been repudiated by Evolutionists ... and they sometimes continue to claim that Embryos 'go through' their supposed 'Evolutionary ancestry' during development ... when this demonstrably doesn't occur (and there was no 'evolutionary ancestry' to begin with)!!!!!:eek:

.... and here is the real reason why some people believe in Spontaneous Evolution ... because it allows them to feel like they are 'as God' ... and because they want to deny God's rights over their lives in spite of the overwhelming physical evidence for His existence and actions!!!!

"The theory of evolution is universally accepted not because it can be proved by logical, coherent evidence to be true, but because the only alternative, special creation, is clearly incredible!" scientist, D.M.S. Watson

“One has only to contemplate the magnitude of this task to concede that the spontaneous generation of a living organism is impossible. Yet we are here—as a result, I believe, of spontaneous generation.” George Wald, Harvard professor and Nobel Prize winner.

"We no longer feel ourselves to be guests in someone else's home and therefore obliged to make our behavior conform with a set of preexisting cosmic rules. It is our creation now. We make the rules. We establish the parameters of reality. We create the world, and because we do, we no longer feel beholden to outside forces. We no longer have to justify our behavior, for we are now the architects of the universe. We are responsible to nothing outside ourselves, so we are the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever." Jeremy Rifkin, Algeny

"We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door." (Richard Lewontin, 'Billions and billions of demons", The New York Review, January 9, 1997, p. 31)

...one wonders why some Christians take the side of Materialistic Evolutionary 'origins explanations' when these explanations are such a clear product of the anti-God agenda of Materialists ... who openly admit that they have no basis in logic and no evidence that 'Evolution from Pondkind to Mankind' could or did occur!!!!

... yet they continue to believe in Evolution ... because the only alternative is Creation!!!:eek:

... would any of the Theistic Evolutionists on the thread care to answer????

... and here are a few more quotes from an Evolutionist (Dr Michael Ruse) ... for the education of other Evolutionists:-

Dr Michael Ruse Editor of the Cambridge University Press Series in the Philosophy of Biology

"Since making this claim, Popper himself has modified his position somewhat; but, disclaimers aside, I suspect that even now he does not really believe that Darwinism in its modern form is genuinely falsifiable. If one relies heavily on natural selection and sexual selection, simultaneously downplaying drift, which of course is what the neo-Darwinian does do, then Popper feels that one has a nonfalsifiable theory. And, certainly, many followers agree that there is something conceptually flawed with Darwinism." Darwinism Defended (1982) p.133

... so Popper has admitted that Darwinism isn't genuinely falsifiable ... which essentially means that it isn't within the realm of conventional science !!!:eek:

"Darwinism is a theory about causes in the biological world. It tries to give answers to questions about the way in which organic types develop and change over time, showing also why organisms today are as they are. But, although Darwinism is a theory of biological causation, it invites questions beyond its own strict domain. Naturally -- almost inevitably -- one is led back in time to ask questions about ultimate origins: where did life come from in the first place? Thus, at a very minimum, complementing Darwinism, as it were, we could use a theory of the first production of life: a theory of chemical evolution perhaps? " Darwinism Defended (1982) p.156
    ... perhaps indeed ... and all I will say to that bit of wishful thinking is "dream on honey"!!!:)

"Finally, in this brief survey, let me prick the smugness of those of us who do not live and work in the United States. Already, the influence of Creationism has spread beyond the borders. In Canada, for instance, in the province of British Columbia, at least one school board gives Creationism equal time in biology classes. In parts of Alberta, apparently, one has nothing Creationism taught! And, teachers in many other provinces are warned to tread very carefully around the subject of evolutionism. But, perhaps the most incredible sign of the success of Creationism has occurred in England, at the Natural History branch of the British Museum, of all places. In a major exhibition, on the “Origin of Species,” mounted in 1981 by the Museum to mark its centenary, Creationism was openly portrayed as an alternative to Darwinism. This is the “equal time” doctrine with a vengeance, indeed! Thomas Henry Huxley must be turning in his grave.

Obviously, the present-day Creationists are people to be reckoned with, and “Scientific Creationism” is a doctrine which cannot be ignored."
    Darwinism Defended (1982) p.293
    ... yes indeed, the truth does have a way of ensuring that it cannot be ignored ... other than by people in total denial!!!:):D:eek:

"It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door." (Richard Lewontin, 'Billions and billions of demons", The New York Review, January 9, 1997, p. 31)

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

... and the solution is to stop inviting God's justice by denying Him ... and to accept His love ... by asking to be Saved ... and by believing on Him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Materialistic Evolutionists pride themselves on being 'rational' ...
    ... yet they believe in the spontaneous evolution of 'Pondkind to Mankind' ... which has even less 'logic' to it than the idea that if you 'stick a feather in the ground it will grow a hen' ...
    ... at least the feather is 'choc full' of complex biomolecules ... whose 'non-functional' chemical permutations are of such orders of magnitude that it would take every electron in known universe 'banging mindlessly away' for an effective infinity of time to produce the functional permutation for just one of them.

On the other hand, even though, Creationists cannot point to a God that the Materialist can see and touch with their physical senses ... they can scientifically demonstrate that life required a creative source of inordinate intelligence of Divine proportions ... and it is therefore irrational to believe that it could have had a purely materiailistic origin.

... so ironically, the truly rational position is Creation ... and that is why the Materialists 'twitch' so much when they are faced with the ultimate irrationality of their position ... and the fact that the Theory of Evolution does not ultimately provide intellectual satisfaction on the 'Origins Issue'!!!:):D

The ultimate irony of all of this is that the Materialists, who pride themselves on 'rationality' ... are completely irrational in their claims on the 'Origins Issue' ... while the Creationists, who are peceived as having a 'faith based' belief on the 'Origins Issue' ... are actually the ones with all of the rationality and physical evidence on their side!!!! :D

... strange but true!!!

... I guess this is an example of God having the last laugh!!!:):D:eek:

... and the truth setting you free!!!:D

Is someone looking for a little attention?

Its ok JC, I'm sure there are loads of other threads you can troll to get your fill.

• Advertisement

token56 wrote: »
    Is someone looking for a little attention?

Its ok JC, I'm sure there are loads of other threads you can troll to get your fill.
    ... just presenting the truth.

... it will set you free ... if you let it !!!:):D

... yes operative science is indeed wonderful ... and our amazing modern technologies are the result of inputs from both Evolutionists and Creationists!!!:);)

... BTW, did any of the quotes (from Evolutionists for Evolutionists) 'ring a bell' with you???:D

... some more thoughts from Evolutionists ... for Evolutionists to think about..

Dr Michael Ruse Editor of the Cambridge University Press Series in the Philosophy of Biology

I have now come to see that our biological origins do make a difference, and that they can and should be a starting-point for philosophy today. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii

...on this we can agree ... but for very different reasons!!!!:)

Now, for the first time, one could confidently suspend belief in any kind of God. The Natural development of organisms explains everything, most especially adaptation. Even if you did not want to become a full-blown atheist, you could become what Darwin's already mentioned supporter, T.H. Huxley, labeled an 'agnostic', neither believer nor disbeliever (Huxley, 1900). Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii
    ... and thus the Atheistic agenda of Evolutionism is laid bare ... the clearly stated objective is the suspension of belief in any kind of God ... upon the evidentially-challenged, unfounded myth ... that 'Pondkind evolved into Mankind'!!! :eek:

... and the next quote shows that this 'suspension of belief' in God has some 'hair-raising' consequences, including the undermining of the whole basis of Western Rational Thought and possibly even Science itself (which is based on the idea that there is objectively verifiable truth)...

However, excluding or distancing God in this fashion raises with some urgency the major problems of philosophy. If God (perhaps) does not exist, wherein lie the guarantees of knowledge and of truth? Possibly all is subjective illusion. If God does not exist, wherein lies the force of morality? Why should we not do precisely what we please, cheating and lying and stealing, to serve our own ends? Dry answers by philosophers aiming for purely secular answers tended not to convince. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii
    ... this Materialistic project also debases the whole basis of Judeo-Christian morality ... and has required it's effective replacement with a whole new set of secular 'sins' and 'virtues'!!!!:eek:

Evolution destroyed the final foundations of traditional belief. To many people, it was evolution that would provide the foundations of a new belief-system. Evolution would lead to a deeper and truer understanding of the problems of knowledge. Evolution would lead to a deeper and true understanding of the nature of morality. Thus were born (what are known now as) 'evolutionary epistemology' and 'evolutionary ethics'. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.30
    ....the burial of Judeo-Christian ethics is a little premature ... especially in view of the fact that their basis (in God Almighty) still stands!!!!:)

Popper’s new kinds of variation would not be adequate anyway. Plants show intricate adaptations – just as great as those of animals—and yet they are virtually without behaviour. Obviously, they cannot evolve in the way supposed by Popper. So why suppose it for animals? Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.64
    ... another good question ... with no answer forthcoming from Evolutionists.

... I can confirm that the reason that plants and animals show intricate adaptations is because they have the CSI to do so already Intelligently Designed within their genomes from the moment of their Creation!!!

The importance of the Scientific Revolution for philosophy is beyond question. Modern philosophy – the work of both rationalists and empiricists would have been impossible without great advances in physics. Analogously, therefore, we could anticipate that the Darwinian Revolution will have important implications for philosophy. Indeed, I would go further and say that we might expect Darwin's work to have even greater implications for philosophy than those of physics. The theory of evolution through natural selection impinges so directly on our own species. It is not just that we are on a speck of dust whirling around in the void but that we ourselves are no more than transformed apes. If such a realization is not to affect our views of epistemology and ethics, I do not know what is. As I said in the Preface, I find it inconceivable that it is irrelevant to the foundations of philosophy whether we are the end result of a slow natural evolutionary process, or made miraculously in God’s own image on a Friday, some 6,000 years ago. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.274-275
    ...on this we can also agree ... but again for very different reasons!!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

... some more thoughts from Evolutionists ... for Evolutionists to think about..

I have now come to see that our biological origins do make a difference, and that they can and should be a starting-point for philosophy today. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii

...on this we can agree ... but for very different reasons!!!!:)

Now, for the first time, one could confidently suspend belief in any kind of God. The Natural development of organisms explains everything, most especially adaptation. Even if you did not want to become a full-blown atheist, you could become what Darwin's already mentioned supporter, T.H. Huxley, labeled an 'agnostic', neither believer nor disbeliever (Huxley, 1900). Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii
    ... and thus the Atheistic agenda of Evolutionism is laid bare ... the clearly stated objective is the suspension of belief in any kind of God ... upon the evidentially-challenged, unfounded myth ... that 'Pondkind evolved into Mankind'!!! :eek:

... and the next quote shows that this 'suspension of belief' in God has some 'hair-raising' consequences, including the undermining of the whole basis of Western Rational Thought and possibly even Science itself (which is based on the idea that there is objectively verifiable truth)...

However, excluding or distancing God in this fashion raises with some urgency the major problems of philosophy. If God (perhaps) does not exist, wherein lie the guarantees of knowledge and of truth? Possibly all is subjective illusion. If God does not exist, wherein lies the force of morality? Why should we not do precisely what we please, cheating and lying and stealing, to serve our own ends? Dry answers by philosophers aiming for purely secular answers tended not to convince. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p. xiii
    ... this Materialistic project also debases the whole basis of Judeo-Christian morality ... and has required it's effective replacement with a whole new set of secular 'sins' and 'virtues'!!!!:eek:

Evolution destroyed the final foundations of traditional belief. To many people, it was evolution that would provide the foundations of a new belief-system. Evolution would lead to a deeper and truer understanding of the problems of knowledge. Evolution would lead to a deeper and true understanding of the nature of morality. Thus were born (what are known now as) 'evolutionary epistemology' and 'evolutionary ethics'. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.30
    ....the burial of Judeo-Christian ethics is a little premature ... especially in view of the fact that their basis (in God Almighty) still stands!!!!:)

Popper’s new kinds of variation would not be adequate anyway. Plants show intricate adaptations – just as great as those of animals—and yet they are virtually without behaviour. Obviously, they cannot evolve in the way supposed by Popper. So why suppose it for animals? Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.64
    ... another good question ... with no answer forthcoming from Evolutionists.

... I can confirm that the reason that plants and animals show intricate adaptations is because they have the CSI to do so already Intelligently Designed within their genomes from the moment of their Creation!!!

The importance of the Scientific Revolution for philosophy is beyond question. Modern philosophy – the work of both rationalists and empiricists would have been impossible without great advances in physics. Analogously, therefore, we could anticipate that the Darwinian Revolution will have important implications for philosophy. Indeed, I would go further and say that we might expect Darwin's work to have even greater implications for philosophy than those of physics. The theory of evolution through natural selection impinges so directly on our own species. It is not just that we are on a speck of dust whirling around in the void but that we ourselves are no more than transformed apes. If such a realization is not to affect our views of epistemology and ethics, I do not know what is. As I said in the Preface, I find it inconceivable that it is irrelevant to the foundations of philosophy whether we are the end result of a slow natural evolutionary process, or made miraculously in God’s own image on a Friday, some 6,000 years ago. Taking Darwin Seriously (1986) p.274-275
    ...on this we can also agree ... but again for very different reasons!!!!:)

Let it go J C... It's over. The evil evolutionists have prevailed.

... it is actually all over for 'Pondkind to Mankind' Evolution ...

... and the Evolutionists have lost both the battle ... and the war!!!!

... many are still in the latter stages of denial ... but the whole thing is so preposterous that even their 'cheerleaders' don't believe that it ever occurred.:D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

All that green and red writing.. what is this a remarked Junior Cert paper?

Galvasean wrote: »
    All that green and red writing.. what is this a remarked Junior Cert paper?
    ... many, like Galvasean, have started by scoffing ... and ended by praying!!!:)

... let us pray for Galvasean that his spiritual darkness will be removed ... and he will become the glorious child of God that he is destined to be.

Jesus loves you ... and He is knocking on the door to your heart ... and waiting.

The Evolutionists are torn between not responding to the truth in my postings and losing the argument by default ...
    ... or challenging the truth in my postings ... and losing the argument by defeat!!!!:eek:
    ... so they stick to ad hominem 'one liners' instead!!!
    ... I feel your (self-inflicted) pain!!!!:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

... many, like Galvasean, have started by scoffing ... and ended by praying!!!:)

... let us pray for Galvasean that his spiritual darkness will be removed ... and he will become the glorious child of God that he is destined to be.

Go right ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Go right ahead.

I'll try the FSM for you just in case Yahweh is the wrong one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

In keeping with the 'Alice in Wonderland' levels of denial that Evolutionists, like Sam, engage in ... I now wish to repeat ... by popular demand ”An Evolutionary Bed Time Story” ...
    ... this is for all you boys and girls out there, who haven't come to terms with the fact that life doesn't end when you die ... and you will then come face to face with the loving and just God that Created you.

I too spent the best part of my childhood believing in the Evolution Fairytale ... and all of the “characters” in the Evolutionary Zoo evoke ‘special’ memories for me also.

Quote from

...<snip> ...

tumblr_kyt1jqqyp51qa7g49o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

monosharp wrote: »
    tumblr_kyt1jqqyp51qa7g49o1_500.jpg
    ... is 'weed' also capable of making Evolution appear logical ??!!!:):D

... beam me up Scotty!!!:rolleyes:

Go right ahead.
    ... thanks Galvasean ... would you like to join us in this prayer for you?

Father in Heaven we pray to you for Galvasean, that he may realise that you love him with a Father's love ... and that you will welcome him with open arms if he freely chooses to follow you.

Father in Heaven we pray to you to protect Galvasean from the forces of evil in the World and the fallen angels who go about seeking whom they can destroy.

liamw wrote: »
    I'll try the FSM for you just in case Yahweh is the wrong one...
    ... no need to bother ... Yahweh is the only One!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Because the Bible says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 springwell7616

Tis all Bullsh-t. Just another money making exercise to keep those higher ups in the manner to which they have become accustomed and for the weak minded that need something or someone to believe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Tis all Bullsh-t. Just another money making exercise to keep those higher ups in the manner to which they have become accustomed and for the weak minded that need something or someone to believe in.

So you're new here then?

Far from it. Once again, Thanks to JC for exposing the nudity of the Emperor of Atheism. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    2 Peter 3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

wolfsbane wrote: »
    Far from it. Once again, Thanks to JC for exposing the nudity of the Emperor of Atheism. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    2 Peter 3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Did you ever get a chance to read the (pretty long) list of something evolving into something else?

The problem with your beliefs Wolfsbane is that they are unfalsifiable. Nothing we can say to you can convince you you are wrong. Any time you issue a challenge that is met you simply change the challenge to something else, often to something that you know is impossible (show me a dog giving birth to a cat and I'll accept evolution type of thing). You aren't looking to be convinced in an open minded fashion, you are simply looking to confirm that we can't convince you. You seem utterly disinterested in the answers to any of the thing we actually present to you, you clearly already believe that we can't be right so what is the point in looking at the evidence that we are.

That should tell you something.

Wicknight wrote: »
    Did you ever get a chance to read the (pretty long) list of something evolving into something else?

The problem with your beliefs Wolfsbane is that they are unfalsifiable. Nothing we can say to you can convince you you are wrong. Any time you issue a challenge that is met you simply change the challenge to something else, often to something that you know is impossible (show me a dog giving birth to a cat and I'll accept evolution type of thing). You aren't looking to be convinced in an open minded fashion, you are simply looking to confirm that we can't convince you. You seem utterly disinterested in the answers to any of the thing we actually present to you, you clearly already believe that we can't be right so what is the point in looking at the evidence that we are.

That should tell you something.
    Yes, I did, and I asked if the main example was colonisation or a new organism that could not function independently. I did not hear back and I got tied up in business off-line.

I was not able to source any answer on-line at the time. I'll be happy if you can point me to an article that deals with the issue.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65103876&highlight=colonisation#post65103876

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge— 21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith.
    Grace be with you. Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

You seem very certain about that, may I ask how you know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement