Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It appears my link mustn't have worked. You can select on Google to show all results from the last year. That might help you find arrests from this year.

1) The USA didn't prohibit Catholicism from as far as I know.
    2) Abortion, one child policy and other things are free game to criticise in any free society. It isn't permitted to criticise these in China. Therefore, China isn't a free society. It's really that simple no?
    3) You post the assertion again, that the Chinese government generally leaves them alone. I haven't seen a single citation from you to back this up.
    4) I applaud both the missionaries who share the truth of the Gospel in China, both foreign and ethnic Chinese. I also applaud the Chinese people who risk their lives for the cause.
    5) You claim that the missionaries cause them harm. Nonsense, the Chinese government and their policies do. The victim is guilty mentality is rife in your posts.
    6) Freedom of speech isn't just a good thing. It's a right. People have the right to speak out against abortion, or any policy of Government in free society. In China they don't have these rights. Therefore China isn't a free society.

That's pretty much all I would have to say in response to your post monosharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Ush1 wrote: »
    Why does it have to start out that way?

Chance is the only other option in the absence of a guided inteligence. Is there another option apart from this?
    It may have came about by purely natural causes like natural selection.

Natural Selection theoretically can only kick in after the first self replication systems comes about, so how on earth can you apply natural selection to a pond full of chemicals that do what they do according to the laws that govern them i.e. the laws of physics?????? :confused: ???? Natural Selection doesn't work at this level, it can't, because we are dealing with chemicals that have no vested interest in survival. In order for the first self replicating system to have arisen you need need an outside intelligence orchestrating events or else it was a fluke chance happening. There is no middle ground no matter how hard you try to squeeze one in.
    The event of abiogenesis may have been an improbable event as it only happened once(that we know of) but saying it is down to chance is simply a lack of an explanation. We are trying to remove chance as the defining factor.

Of course you are trying to remove chance as a possible explanation, because you know its an impossibility.
    "Even the theory of evolution itself is a chance happening."

What do you mean by this? In the relevant sense of chance, evolution and natural selection are the opposite of chance, they are BOUND to happen.

Anything that comes about as a result of an initial chance happening are sub-chance happenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Jakkass wrote: »
    It appears my link mustn't have worked. You can select on Google to show all results from the last year. That might help you find arrests from this year.

I did and the results weren't much different.

Again, here is one of the results. http://www.christianpersecution.info/china.php

It's a christian propaganda site and even it doesn't claim the kind of stuff evangelists want us to believe about china.

Let's look at the first few propaganda stories on that site.

1. Prayer Center Complex Destroyed by Chinese Government
    A prayer center complex, known as "Prayer Mountain", was destroyed in China after several elderly Christians were forcibly removed, and then watched helplessly as their building was demolished according to ChinaAid, Worthy News has learned.

Their prayer building was destroyed, no one was arrested/killed/raped etc. If you go into the link you'll see that the reason it was destroyed was that that church was invited to a foreign conference on Christianity and refused the government when they told them not to attend.

2. China Briefly Detains Influential House Pastor
    An influential Chinese house church pastor was briefly detained in southern China shortly after authorities evicted his congregation from a hotel, his church and rights investigators said Friday, August 13.

Oh my god they briefly detained him! :eek:

3. Chinese Government Destroys Christian-Owned Factory
    Last September, a mob of over 200 men led by Chinese Communist officials injured at least thirty people and demolished a Christian-owned factory in Linfen, along with its house church, Worthy News learned on August 11.

Again, building destroyed because they refused to register it which they are legally required to do.

And a quote from this article; "This was the most violent attack on a house church in China in a decade, says Li Fangping, a Beijing lawyer who later defended one of the church leaders."

Workers injured and a building destroyed is the most violent attack in a decade. Really.
    1) The USA didn't prohibit Catholicism from as far as I know.

No but it was part of the anti-catholic sentiment in the US during the American civil war and after it.
    2) Abortion, one child policy and other things are free game to criticise in any free society. It isn't permitted to criticise these in China. Therefore, China isn't a free society. It's really that simple no?

Yes it is that simple.

What are you arguing about ? I never said China was a free society. I said many reasons these people are getting persecuted is everything to do with their politics and nothing to do with their religion whereas you are claiming they are getting persecuted for their religion.
    3) You post the assertion again, that the Chinese government generally leaves them alone. I haven't seen a single citation from you to back this up.

Read this; http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/features2/651-revival-in-asia/17478-chinas-emerging-church

Or if you have no objections to wiki; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_China#House_churches

Have you ever been to China Jakkass ? There are 'illegal' churches everywhere in plain sight advertising themselves with neon lighted crosses. The authorities might threaten them irregularly but mostly they're simply left alone unless they start getting political.
    4) I applaud both the missionaries who share the truth of the Gospel in China, both foreign and ethnic Chinese. I also applaud the Chinese people who risk their lives for the cause.

So you think a foreigner going over there knowing full well that his status as a foreigner will grab the attention of the authorities and could very well get a lot of people in serious trouble is doing good work ? :confused:

Remember they are not going there to spread the word, they're going there to preach to the already converted. And in my opinion they are going there to make a name for themselves, for their own selfish pride.

They're never in any danger of anything but been refused the next Visa. The people they meet with are risking death.

You really think thats a good thing ?
    5) You claim that the missionaries cause them harm. Nonsense, the Chinese government and their policies do. The victim is guilty mentality is rife in your posts.

The missionaries who go there risk nothing while the people who meet them risk everything. They don't need these people, they have millions of their own who are christian who have been christian for years and who are preachers.

They are responsible for their actions, they know what their presence could likely cause.
    6) Freedom of speech isn't just a good thing. It's a right. People have the right to speak out against abortion, or any policy of Government in free society. In China they don't have these rights. Therefore China isn't a free society.

Yes i know this, we are not arguing about this. I fully agree with you here. China is not a free society. But this is not a religious issue.

Your saying the reason they are getting abused etc is because of their religion, its not. Its because of their politics a majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Chance is the only other option in the absence of a guided inteligence. Is there another option apart from this?

Yes, natural selection is not chance. As I have already said twice now, ID theory is concerned with disproving natural selection. If they were offering ID as an alternative to chance in regards to abiogenesis it wouldn't work as who designed the designer is the classic silly regress.
    Natural Selection theoretically can only kick in after the first self replication systems comes about, so how on earth can you apply natural selection to a pond full of chemicals that do what they do according to the laws that govern them i.e. the laws of physics?????? :confused: ???? Natural Selection doesn't work at this level, it can't, because we are dealing with chemicals that have no vested interest in survival. In order for the first self replicating system to have arisen you need need an outside intelligence orchestrating events or else it was a fluke chance happening. There is no middle ground no matter how hard you try to squeeze one in.

Read what I said again, I said natural causes. i.e no need for a designer.
    Of course you are trying to remove chance as a possible explanation, because you know its an impossibility.

Yes, a designer clearly aggrevates this problem as it raises bigger issues itself.
    Anything that comes about as a result of an initial chance happening are sub-chance happenings.

So everything ever is a chance happening in your eyes and there is no pattern or logic to anything? Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Natural Selection theoretically can only kick in after the first self replication systems comes about, so how on earth can you apply natural selection to a pond full of chemicals that do what they do according to the laws that govern them i.e. the laws of physics?????? ???? Natural Selection doesn't work at this level, it can't, because we are dealing with chemicals that have no vested interest in survival. In order for the first self replicating system to have arisen you need need an outside intelligence orchestrating events or else it was a fluke chance happening. There is no middle ground no matter how hard you try to squeeze one in.

Soulwinner, you are still ignoring the one important point regarding abiogenesis. Yes, chance must play a role. But if natural selection can refine crude self-replicating systems into more sophisticated ones, then the role chance has to play is significantly reduced. This is precisely what molecular biologists are discovering. What you are advocating is, instead of actually investigating how complex systems like the cell, or DNA, or RNA have developed, we should simply conclude that, because of their complexity, they must have been designed. That is intellectual laziness, and has no place in science.

• Advertisement

OK let us define out terms shall we?

The theory of evolution in its most basic premise is as follows:

The complexity in life that we see today came about as a result of natural selection acting on random mutations using the environment as a feedback system from the time that the first living system came about.

True? If not true, then please explain it better for us.

So if we proceed on the basis that the above definition of the theory of evolution is true then random mutations only happen in living systems, they DO NOT happen in chemicals. If you think that this is also a false statement then please show us how mutations happen in chemicals.

So, before mutations in living systems can happen we must have a living system in place first right?

So if natural selection acts on (i.e after they occur) random mutations, and random mutations only come after life develops, then it logically follows that natural selection only comes after life has come about, which means that natural selection cannot (as its is defined in scientific literature) be applied to anything before life came about.

Clear now?

So if natural selection cannot be applied to the chemical constituents which go to make up basic self replicating molecules then the advent of life on this planet is either a fluke (as Wicknight suggest) or it was designed.

IDers hold to the design hypothesis because even the most basic living systems store, encode, decode, transport and execute information, and as far as we know from everyday life experience this type of information processing only comes about from the minds of intelligent agents or in software and hardware designed by intelligent agents.

Now if you want to do science based on the assumption that existence itself is just a chance happening (flukes are chance happenings) then go ahead, IDers will not tell you that this is not science, they just ask that the compliment be returned in like manner to them, and for materialists to concede that ID can also form the basis on which to do science, because the design hypothesis has as much if not more validity than the chance hypotheses has to be considered as a sound basis upon which to proceed in scientific endeavor.

OK let us define out terms shall we?

The theory of evolution in its most basic premise is as follows:

The complexity in life that we see today came about as a result of natural selection acting on random mutations using the environment as a feedback system from the time that the first living system came about.

True? If not true, then please explain it better for us.

True, where a 'living system' is defined as a system capable of self-replication. Living systems would include DNA, chemical hypercycles etc.
    So if we proceed on the basis that the above definition of the theory of evolution is true then random mutations only happen in living systems, they DO NOT happen in chemicals. If you think that this is also a false statement then please show us how mutations happen in chemicals.

A mutation is a deviation from an original copy. They are not exclusive to DNA chemical systems. If any configuration of chemicals produces an imperfect replicate of itself, then the deviation is classified as a mutation, and natural selection can occur.
    So, before mutations in living systems can happen we must have a living system in place first right?

Yes (using the definition of 'living' tendered above).
    So if natural selection acts on (i.e after they occur) random mutations, and random mutations only come after life develops, then it logically follows that natural selection only comes after life has come about, which means that natural selection cannot (as its is defined in scientific literature) be applied to anything before life came about.

Clear now?

Yes, which brings me to the question I asked earlier:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67915474&postcount=23366

What the simplest replicator? Or, in other words, what is the simplest living thing that must have occured by chance? What is the chance event that must have occured?
    So if natural selection cannot be applied to the chemical constituents which go to make up basic self replicating molecules then the advent of life on this planet is either a fluke (as Wicknight suggest) or it was designed.

IDers hold to the design hypothesis because even the most basic living systems store, encode, decode, transport and execute information, and as far as we know from everyday life experience this type of information processing cannot only come about from the minds of intelligent agents or in software and hardware designed by intelligent agents.

What is the most basic living thing?
    Now if you want to do science based on the assumption that existence itself is just a chance happening (flukes are chance happenings) then go ahead, IDers will not tell you that this is not science, they just ask that the compliment be returned in like manner to them, and for materialists to concede that ID can also form the basis on which to do science, because the design hypothesis has as much if not more validity than the chance hypotheses has to be considered as a sound basis upon which to proceed in scientific endeavor.

Calling existence itself a chance-happening implies there is some propability distribution of existence, which nobody I know would subcribe to. Although I am interested in what Hawking's new book will say.

To expand on the definition of 'living', you might find this article interesting.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2241753.ece

Morbert wrote: »
    True, where a 'living system' is defined as a system capable of self-replication. Living systems would include DNA, chemical hypercycles etc.

Agreed, but the function of DNA is to provide information to the cell, to tell it what to become, to provide the nano machines in the cell with information that needs to be processed in a particular way by other machines within the cell. Where does DNA get this information from? What came first? The information? Or the porcessing ellements of this information? Did the information itself evolve? If so, then from what? And what mechanisms can be applied to that process given that information is not a physical component of anything?
    A mutation is a deviation from an original copy. They are not exclusive to DNA chemical systems. If any configuration of chemicals produces an imperfect replicate of itself, then the deviation is classified as a mutation, and natural selection can occur.

A configuration of chemicals is not the same as a chemical by itself. Do you have an example of a chemical that mutates? In any case, we still need to find a mechanism that can explain how chemicals configure themselves in this way in order to produce the first self replicating system. I still submit that Natural Selection acting on random mutations does not apply at this point. How did the chemicals configure themselves to such a degree as to form the first self replicating molecule? There are no chemicals mutating, there are just chemicals configuring themselves into compounds and such. How can Natural Selection be applied at this stage??? Do you have an example of a chemical that can copy itself? Do you have an example of a mutation of such a chemical that you would call a deviation from this copy? If not, then you cannot apply Natural Selection at this stage. Simple really.
    Yes, which brings me to the question I asked earlier:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67915474&postcount=23366

I answered this already, no??? :confused:
    What the simplest replicator? Or, in other words, what is the simplest living thing that must have occured by chance? What is the chance event that must have occured?

OK let me simplify it more.

Earth did not always harbor life right? But it did have all the basic elements that go to make up living systems, i.e. the basic chemical elements. That means that they arose before life arose. So we have a before and after situation here. Before life comes about we had chemicals because chemicals make up the elementary constants for living systems. And we have agreed to define living systems as self replicators. And as chemicals are not self replicators then they cannot be defined as living systems. So we have a situation here whereby some means chemicals managed to configure themselves into life as we know it.

Now to the theories that can explain how chemicals can combine to produce such configurations:
    • Design
    • Necessity
    • Chance
    On face value alone Design would appear to be the most logical choice. Even eminent evolutionists will concede that life has the appearance of having been designed for a purpose. But Design is not allowed because, for some people at least, we must somehow explain the designer and who designed the designer and so forth, and therefore because of that ID is considered a non-scientific theory. This is based on the false assumption that 150 years ago Charles Darwin did away with the design hypothesis by coming up with a theory that doesn't even address the issue of how life came about in the first place. :confused: Now, you tell me who are being the irrational ones here? The design theorists? or the materialists?
    What is the most basic living thing?

As far as we know probably RNA. What is your point?
    Calling existence itself a chance-happening implies there is some propability distribution of existence, wwhich nobody I know would subcribe to.

Well, we are here aren't we? All we can do from our stand point is to project back wards in time to find out to the best of our abilities how life came about or how it could possibly have come about using the minds and abilities that this life has bestowed on us. And when we do we are forced to a crossroads of conflicting explanations, each of which can be assumed as true and still form a basis upon which scientific inquiry can proceed. But this upsets the materialists who will not allow any competing hypothesis to form any kind of basis unless it conforms to their idea as to what they've defined as science. That's just wrong, and it will be to the detriment of science in the end.
    Although I am interested in what Hawking's new book will say.

In order to avoid the implications of an absolute beginning to the universe S Hawkins is willing to postulate imaginary time, so who knows what he'll come up with on what existence means. :pac:

Agreed, but the function of DNA is to provide information to the cell, to tell it what to become, to provide the nano machines in the cell with information that needs to be processed in a particular way by other machines within the cell. Where does DNA get this information from? What came first? The information? Or the porcessing ellements of this information? Did the information itself evolve? If so, then from what? And what mechanisms can be applied to that process given that information is not a physical component of anything?

I will delve into the evolution of the cell, and where that information came from, eventually, but first I would like to focus on the evolution of DNA itself, as this is what we consider 'living' and this is what must be addressed regarding abiogenesis.
    A configuration of chemicals is not the same as a chemical by itself. Do you have an example of a chemical that mutates? In any case, we still need to find a mechanism that can explain how chemicals configure themselves in this way in order to produce the first self replicating system. I still submit that Natural Selection acting on random mutations does not apply at this point. How did the chemicals configure themselves to such a degree as to form the first self replicating molecule? There are no chemicals mutating, there are just chemicals configuring themselves into compounds and such. How can Natural Selection be applied at this stage??? Do you have an example of a chemical that can copy itself? Do you have an example of a mutation of such a chemical that you would call a deviation from this copy? If not, then you cannot apply Natural Selection at this stage. Simple really.

A chemical on its own cannot replicate itself, true. The initial configuration of chemicals would have to be spontaneous, as the replication of information emerges from the interactions between chemicals. Again, I have to stress that I agree that chance is an ingredient. I am disagreeing with the idea that chance would have to be such a large factor that it is implausible that life could have emerged without intelligence. ID is predicated on the idea that the level of chance needed is so astronomically high (1 in 10^130 was the figure quoted earlier I believe). But the probability of a chemical hypercycle forming a sufficiently self-organizing system could be as high as 1 in several billion, which is no problem if you have billions of reactions occuring every second for thousands of years.

To put it another way: ID proponents are suggesting the process

disjointed chemical ingredients ----> DNA

is too improbable, therefore intelligence was required.

Molecular biologists in the field of abiogenesis are suggesting the process

is too improbable, therefore we should look for other processes, such as

disjointed chemicals ----> auto-catalytic chemicals ----> peptides and hypercycles ---> primitive RNA ----> DNA
    OK let me simplify it more.

Earth did not always harbor life right? But it did have all the basic elements that go to make up living systems, i.e. the basic chemical elements. That means that they arose before life arose. So we have a before and after situation here. Before life comes about we had chemicals because chemicals make up the elementary constants for living systems. And we have agreed to define living systems as self replicators. And as chemicals are not self replicators then they cannot be defined as living systems. So we have a situation here whereby some means chemicals managed to configure themselves into life as we know it.

Now to the theories that can explain how chemicals can combine to produce such configurations:
    • Design
    • Necessity
    • Chance
    On face value alone Design would appear to be the most logical choice. Even eminent evolutionists will concede that life has the appearance of having been designed for a purpose. But Design is not allowed because, for some people at least, we must somehow explain the designer and who designed the designer and so forth, and therefore because of that ID is considered a non-scientific theory. This is based on the false assumption that 150 years ago Charles Darwin did away with the design hypothesis by coming up with a theory that doesn't even address the issue of how life came about in the first place. :confused: Now, you tell me who are being the irrational ones here? The design theorists? or the materialists?

Would you agree that, if the amount of chance required for the chemicals to spontaneously self-replicate was low, that design would not need to be postulated?
    As far as we know probably RNA. What is your point?

My point is that RNA is simpler than DNA. Initial calculations involved the probability of DNA spontaneously forming, and these probabilities were far too low. But we now know that DNA didn't have to spontaneously form, as it could have evolved from RNA. The probability RNA randomly forming is also too low, but not as low as DNA. So what scientists are doing is studying the structure of RNA, to see if it could have evolved from a simpler, but more likely replicator, thereby increasing the probability further.
    Well, we are here aren't we? All we can do from our stand point is to project back wards in time to find out to the best of our abilities how life came about or how it could possibly have come about using the minds and abilities that this life has bestowed on us. And when we do we are forced to a crossroads of conflicting explanations, each of which can be assumed as true and still form a basis upon which scientific inquiry can proceed. But this upsets the materialists who will not allow any competing hypothesis to form any kind of basis unless it conforms to their idea as to what they've defined as science. That's just wrong, and it will be to the detriment of science in the end.

This is inviting a discussion on the philosophy science. It would be appropriate for this thread, but again, I would like to focus on the probability of natural abiogenesis for the time being, just to make it easier on both of us.
    In order to avoid the implications of an absolute beginning to the universe S Hawkins is willing to postulate imaginary time, so who knows what he'll come up with on what existence means. :pac:

"Imaginary" is an unfortunate name for the complex field of numbers. The imaginary number i is no more or less real than 2 or 7, and they are an integral structure of quantum mechanics. Such 'imaginary' properties are what allow your computer to work as fast as it does. But again, this is a digression I would like to avoid for the time being.

• Advertisement

A chemical on its own cannot replicate itself, true. The initial configuration of chemicals would have to be spontaneous, as the replication of information emerges from the interactions between chemicals. Again, I have to stress that I agree that chance is an ingredient. I am disagreeing with the idea that chance would have to be such a large factor that it is implausible that life could have emerged without intelligence. ID is predicated on the idea that the level of chance needed is so astronomically high (1 in 10^130 was the figure quoted earlier I believe). But the probability of a chemical hypercycle forming a sufficiently self-organizing system could be as high as 1 in several billion, which is no problem if you have billions of reactions occuring every second for thousands of years.

I agree entirely and like I said IDers don't have a problem with scientists proceeding on the basis that this might be true. What appears to irk them most is that they don't receive the same compliment when it comes to their theory. A theory which they view as a better explanation than the chance hypothesis. I hate calling it chance all the time but it can't be anything but chance in the absence of any guiding process in the mix somewhere. Necessity doesn't work either, necessity can cause stalagmites and patterns in snow flakes but it cannot explain information processing systems.
    To put it another way: ID proponents are suggesting the process

is too improbable, therefore intelligence was required.

Not impossible, just highly highly improbable, but not just that but its also based on the fact that intelligent minds are known to produce information processing systems just like what we see in these systems. It is not concluded that because chance is impossible therefore design is true. That is an assessment of the theory that is propagated a lot but its simply a false one, nothing more to say on that one except that maybe the same charge can be made in reverse. That the chance hypothesis is based on the improbability of a intelligent agent other than humans. If it works one way then it works the other way too.
    Molecular biologists in the field of abiogenesis are suggesting the process

is too improbable, therefore we should look for other processes, such as

disjointed chemicals ----> auto-catalytic chemicals ----> peptides and hypercycles ---> primitive RNA ----> DNA

That's fine too, but we still need a mechanism that actually works and natural selection acting on random mutations doesn't work at this level. What we need is a similar kind of mechanism to natural selection that can be applied at this level.
    Would you agree that, if the amount of chance required for the chemicals to spontaneously self-replicate was low, that design would not need to be postulated?

Even if the amount of chance required was a 1 in 1000,000 chance that would not automatically shove ID out of the bed. Both are theories that cannot really be proven to an absolute degree anyway so one must look at the evidence that is now available and make a decision on what theory best explains what we observe.
    My point is that RNA is simpler than DNA. Initial calculations involved the probability of DNA spontaneously forming, and these probabilities were far too low. But we now know that DNA didn't have to spontaneously form, as it could have evolved from RNA. The probability RNA randomly forming is also too low, but not as low as DNA. So what scientists are doing is studying the structure of RNA, to see if it could have evolved from a simpler, but more likely replicator, thereby increasing the probability further.

But we don't know if DNA evolved from RNA. But even if we concede that it did, it is still an information processing molecule. So we need to explain where this information came from. What came first? The information? Or the molecule? As far our normal everyday experience tells us, information like this only comes from intelligent minds, we know of no other means where specified complex information like what we observe in the workings of these molecules can be brought about.
    This is inviting a discussion on the philosophy science. It would be appropriate for this thread, but again, I would like to focus on the probability of natural abiogenesis for the time being, just to make it easier on both of us.

Sound as a pound ;)
    "Imaginary" is an unfortunate name for the complex field of numbers. The imaginary number i is no more or less real than 2 or 7, and they are an integral structure of quantum mechanics. Such 'imaginary' properties are what allow your computer to work as fast as it does. But again, this is a digression I would like to avoid for the time being.

I agree, and this ties in well with the information in DNA/RNA problem, like imaginary properties its just as intangible and equally real. So even if we solve the mystery of how chemicals can evolve by natural means, we will then be left with the problem of where this information came from. Whatever kind of mechanism that will eventually be applied to chemical evolution, the evolution of information is a whole different kettle of fish. But one thing at a time ey?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Monosharp & Jakkass.

Long term resident of China here. This thread is far too long for me to read your whole conversation.
    Let me just add that I know quite a lot of people, both Chinese and foreign that openly practice Christianity free from persecution.

If there is persecution taking place, it is surely due to connections with foreign influences and nothing to do with the religion itself.

Anyway, not sure what these missionaries are hoping to achieve when there are several churches right here in Beijing that clearly aren't trying to hide anything.

There is a church in Beijing's version of Grafton St FFS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wangfujing_Cathedral

http://www.google.com/images?q=church%20wangfujing&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1600&bih=732

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

That's fine too, but we still need a mechanism that actually works and natural selection acting on random mutations doesn't work at this level. What we need is a similar kind of mechanism to natural selection that can be applied at this level.
    You are 100% correct on this one.
    Unfortunately, for Materialistic Evolution no alternative mechanism to Natural Selection has been identified ... and NS acting on random mutations doesn't work on any level.

This video clip disproves Materialistic Evolution in 10 minutes ... and it makes me wonder what the Materialists have been doing for the last 100 years ... and how they are still getting away with their invalid hypothesis that functional information can be generated by selecting randomly generated mistakes?

Even if the amount of chance required was a 1 in 1000,000 chance that would not automatically shove ID out of the bed. Both are theories that cannot really be proven to an absolute degree anyway so one must look at the evidence that is now available and make a decision on what theory best explains what we observe.
    ... the probabilities against NS being able to search out functional biochemical combinations at specific times and places for only the components of biological structures (never mind their assembly into coherent co-ordinated functional biological systems) are numbers so great that they vastly exceed the number of electrons in the supposed 'big bang universe' ... and are therefore statistical impossibilities.
    The way that some Materialists are getting over this particular mathematical problem is to cite the possibility of 'multiverses' or 'parallel universes' ... and they then criticise Theists for beileving in God!!!!
    ... so the choice facing us in accounting for life, is between Creation by an omnipotent God ... and the selection of random mistakes within an infinity of infinite parallel universes!!!
    ... and even then, the preponderance of non-functional combinations is such that you would end up with these supposed 'parallel universes' churning out even more useless 'junk' ... produced at each stage in the supposed 'evolution' of every 'biomolecule' and not a single functional cell between them. A mechanism capable of efficiently 'searching out' locally functional biomolecular combinations is required (and the only such mechanism identified so far is the action of intelligence). Scaling up the supposed Materialistic solution (by citing 'parallel universes') also scales up the problem of the proponderance on non-functional permutations.
    All that 'parallel universes' can do for biology is to increase the number of supposed universes churning out non-functional randomly produced biochemicals ... but they don't make it any more likely that life arose spontaneously because we are dealing with an exponential 'run-away' of non-functionality, which would produce non-functional produce on such a vast scale, that practically nothing works (and the entire universe should be covered by dead non-functional biochemicals in various states of disarray (which isn't what we find locally here on Earth).

Parallel universes also provide no explanation for the many 'chicken and egg' situations observed in life where you need the very components that life is producing to produce life!!! For example, you need DNA to produce DNA ... and you need hundreds of proteins already acting in consort to produce each individual protein including the hundreds of individual proteins that are acting in consort ... to produce each individual protein!!!!

I can confirm that parallel universes exist allright ... and they are called Heaven and Hell ... and I have already chosen which one I want to live in for eternity !!!

... and the fossils also say no to evolution ... but you can earn yourself a cool 7 million Dollars ... if you can prove otherwise ... by providing an example of a single transitional form!!!

This is an excellent video on the topic ... the only thing that I personally disagree with in it, is the timeline ... but one thing is certain ... evolution (in the sense of 'molecules to man') doesn't exist ... and evolution amounts to nothing more than minor fluctuations and selection within the pre-existing genetic diversity of Created Kinds!!!!

...I especially liked the 500 'million year old' starfish ... that hasn't evolved one iota in all of that Evolutionist time ...
    ... could the last Evolutionist ... please turn out the lights ... and lock this thread ... on the way out!!!

... so that I won't have to continue wasting my time proving the obvious ... that Direct Creation is a scientific fact ... and that Materialistic Evolution is ... er ... a figment of the imaginations of Materialists!!!

Lanaier wrote: »
    Monosharp & Jakkass.

Long term resident of China here. This thread is far too long for me to read your whole conversation.
    Let me just add that I know quite a lot of people, both Chinese and foreign that openly practice Christianity free from persecution.

Not a resident of China but a frequent visitor, a few years ago anyways. I'm not too far away, just across the border .. and past 12 millions soldiers and over a rather large minefield ... not within walking distance anyways :pac:

Anyways, I too also know a lot of Chinese who are members of state-sanctioned churches as well as some who are members of unregistered churches. In fairness most of the people I know are from Yanbian and I know Yanbian has some kind of autonomy from the central government so I don't know if the exact laws/restrictions apply.
    If there is persecution taking place, it is surely due to connections with foreign influences and nothing to do with the religion itself.

Exactly. Persecution of religion for religions sake is very rare if not completely gone in modern day China.

Evangelist propaganda tries to paint a picture of persecution similar to the Jews hiding in attics in Nazi Germany waiting for the SS to barge in. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Lanier - Nobody is denying that the state churches are free from persecution. It is independent churches that are. That's the problem.

... please look at what happened when a (Muslim) Neurosurgeon and Creation Scientist, Dr. Oktar Babuna, tried to question some Evolutionist ideas at a scientific conference on Evolution.

... Why did they take the microphone away and threw the man out ... if they had any answers?

If this can happen a qualified Brain Surgeon ... what would happen a student who asks questions about Evolution?

... and to answer the question raised at the end of the video ... the most interesting thing about Evolutionary Biology today ... is it's scientific invalidity!!!

I agree entirely and like I said IDers don't have a problem with scientists proceeding on the basis that this might be true. What appears to irk them most is that they don't receive the same compliment when it comes to their theory. A theory which they view as a better explanation than the chance hypothesis. I hate calling it chance all the time but it can't be anything but chance in the absence of any guiding process in the mix somewhere. Necessity doesn't work either, necessity can cause stalagmites and patterns in snow flakes but it cannot explain information processing systems.

Not impossible, just highly highly improbable, but not just that but its also based on the fact that intelligent minds are known to produce information processing systems just like what we see in these systems. It is not concluded that because chance is impossible therefore design is true. That is an assessment of the theory that is propagated a lot but its simply a false one, nothing more to say on that one except that maybe the same charge can be made in reverse. That the chance hypothesis is based on the improbability of a intelligent agent other than humans. If it works one way then it works the other way too.

I will come back to these points once we have established that life is not too improbable to have arisen naturally, without intelligence.

Natural selection can go to work as soon as we have a autocatalysis. I.e. It operates as soon as an autocatalytic system spontaneously emerges. And the chances of this system emerging could be high enough for them to easily emerge naturally.
    But we don't know if DNA evolved from RNA. But even if we concede that it did, it is still an information processing molecule. So we need to explain where this information came from. What came first? The information? Or the molecule? As far our normal everyday experience tells us, information like this only comes from intelligent minds, we know of no other means where specified complex information like what we observe in the workings of these molecules can be brought about.
    I agree, and this ties in well with the information in DNA/RNA problem, like imaginary properties its just as intangible and equally real. So even if we solve the mystery of how chemicals can evolve by natural means, we will then be left with the problem of where this information came from. Whatever kind of mechanism that will eventually be applied to chemical evolution, the evolution of information is a whole different kettle of fish. But one thing at a time ey?? :)

To answer the above two points: It is common knowledge that natural selection can and does increase biological information. So once the first chance event has occured, we have a mechanism that naturally produces information for functional biological systems.

To pre-empt an objection you might have to that, you will often hear ID proponents claim that the information must have been intelligently produced, such as in a paper I addressed earlier. (http://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j20_3/j20_3_66-70.pdf). What they do is add "extra dimensions" to the framework of information theory to draw parallels between life and artificial creations like cars and books and arches. These 'dimensions' all emerge from the fundamental statistical properties of information that is generated by natural selection. In a way, they shoot themselves in the foot by demonstrating that all the properties we associate with intelligently designed systems can emerge from natural selection.

J C wrote: »
    ... please look at what happened when a (Muslim) Neurosurgeon and Creation Scientist, Dr. Oktar Babuna, tried to question some Evolutionist ideas.

... Why throw the man out ... if you have any answers?

CURSES! We have been foiled again. That SCIENTIST EXPOSED the FACT that there are NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS!! We had to THROW him out PURELY because he was exposing us, and not for ANY OTHER REASON. BUT WE WERE TOO LATE!! I'M MELTING!!! OH WATA WORLD!

CURSES! We have been foiled again. That SCIENTIST EXPOSED the FACT that there are NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS!! We had to THROW him out PURELY because he was exposing us, and not for ANY OTHER REASON.
    ... yes, this video on the previous page does indeed provide pretty compelling evidence for the stasis of Created Kinds ... and by implcation the lack of transitional organisms ...

... so are you admitting that this is the reason why the Evolutionists were so hostile to this Creation Scientist ?

... and if you are not ... then what was the reason for silencing Dr Babuna and throwing him out of the conference?

... as a qualified Neurosurgeon in good standing, was Dr Babuna not just as entitled as anybody else, at this conference on Evolution, to make his scientific views known on Evolution ... and to have his scientific question on Evolution answered?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭SleepDoc

ro
    ... yes, this video on the previous page does indeed provide pretty compelling evidence for the stasis of Created Kinds ... and by implcation the lack of transitional organisms ...

... so are you admitting that this is the reason why the Evolutionists were so hostile to this Creation Scientist ?

... and if you are not ... then what was the reason for silencing Dr Babuna and throwing him out of the conference?

... as a qualified Neurosurgeon in good standing, was Dr Babuna not just as entitled as anybody else, at this conference on Evolution, to make his scientific views known on Evolution ... and to have his scientific question on Evolution answered?

Neurosurgery is not rocket science. He is just as deluded as you.

• Advertisement

YES, we had to SILENCE him. Because NO EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST HAS EVER ADDRESSED THE CREATIONIST CLAIM THAT THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS!!

You never got back to me on the evolution of DNA, by the way.

Just take a look at this evasive quote by the creation-denier-priest Stephen Jay Ghould.

"Since we proposed punctuated equilibria to explain trends, it is infuriating to be quoted again and again by creationists—whether through design or stupidity, I do not know—as admitting that the fossil record includes no transitional forms. Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."

Jakkass wrote: »
    Lanier - Nobody is denying that the state churches are free from persecution. It is independent churches that are. That's the problem.

Jakkass, I used to visit china quite often and on these trips I saw independent churches advertising themselves in public, in full view.

Now please don't exaggerate what I am saying. I am not saying there is no persecution of Christians in China purely for religious reasons. I am saying that it has become increasingly rarer each year. The vast majority of cases you hear about is when the authorities come to an unregistered church and informs them they are illegal and are required to register. The church usually simply moves to a different location.

I don't agree with this and I do think it's a terrible state of affairs. Of course this shouldn't happen and of course it should change.

But let's be realistic for a moment. A lot of the time these people are getting arrested because of their political stances, not because of their religious practice. Atheists, Buddhists etc get the same treatment for the same reasons.

Another fact. China may well be on it's way to becoming a capitalist society but it is still run by one party who tightly control everything. If the law in China says you must register your church with the authorities than you must register it with the authorities. At the end of the day yes it's wrong but yes it is also the law.

If I went to Saudi Arabia and got caught drunk on the street walking back to my hotel, can I cry foul when the authorities stick me into prison ? Or here's a good one for you, in Korea adultery is punishable by a jail term. Is that 'fair' from a European perspective ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

atmo said:
    All modern theological scolarship points to the Bible (both Old and New Testaments) as being a large collection of various scripts by a large number of writers (over many, many centuries) and many subsequent copyists, editors and collators (many of whom added in their own 'take' on the story years after the original authors had died).
    Hi, atmo - sorry for the delay in reply. I have been engaged elsewhere.

No, not all modern scholarship says that. There are many Biblical scholars who hold to the infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible. That means that the authors were guided by God to express in their own words the exact truth God gave them. That applies to the individual works that later were added to by other inspired authors. All that material is called the originals.

Copyists have made mistakes in their work, but they are not God-inspired writers. The claim to infallibility and inerrancy for the Bible refers to the originals.
    How can anyone possibly quote verbatim, and have unquestioning trust in the written words (over many centuries) of these varying men, as being the actual words of a supernatural being?
    We have sufficient copies to compare for correction, and it is evident no significant detail or any needed doctrine is mistaken.
    The Bible is not a book but a vast collection of unrelated, 'corrected' and many-times 'edited' documents. All pagination, paragraphing, chapter numbering, line numbering, punctuation, etc is added to the original documents by later scribes. The original scripts (or the extant copies, to be exact) had no paragraphs, separated lines or punctuation - just a continuous stream of letters. Most of the 'books' and epistles and gospels had the purported original 'authors' names added much later
    You are very confused here. The originals are missing, so one can't say anything about their physical nature. One may make assumptions based on the type of writing common at the time of their construction. But none of that is relevant to the inerrancy question. Inerrancy does not include chapter and verse numbers. Nor indeed to later titles not in the text.
    If you listen to the lectures of Prof Dale Martin (B.S, Abilene Christian University; M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Yale University)
    and Professor Christine Hayes, both of Yale University (Religious Studies Dept) here at Academic Earth: http://academicearth.org/subjects/religious-studies ,
    you will never again quote directly from what today is called "The Bible" as though it is the 'Word of God' (you would feel foolish doing so).

I accept the knowledge of these Professors as being superior to mine (and most likely yours) on the subject of the large numbers of humans who wrote these documents we call the Bible. They believe (on the basis of very compelling new evidence) that these 'scriptures' are the sole works of very human men with many and various motives for their writings, and that most, is not all, of the words of the original authors have been 'corrected' and added to by those who 'copied' them many times over, over many centuries in varying languages, under varying pressures, with varying standards of knowledge and education (mostly very low).
    There is nothing new in Liberal unbelief. Scholars have been rubbishing the Bible from the Enlightenment. Other scholars have been defending it.

From a quick look at Prof. Martin, he seems to say the Bible has no objective meaning - it can properly mean anything to anyone. Very post-modern of him. But maybe you can correct my first impressions of his thinking.
    I implore you, Wolfsbane (and JC and other believers who quote from these documents) to suspend your habit of Biblical quoting and listen to the lectures of these Yale Professors, and only then resume your quoting from these texts if you truly believe that all, or some, of these various writings are the exact words of a supernational being.

Otherwise, I bow to your superior knowledge to mine on the details of chemistry and biology and will continue to enjoy the discussion on Evolution Vs Creationism or ID - but, please, stick to the science and not the quotations from dubious bronze-age writers.

Yours in Respect
    Atmo
    I leave the weight of the science arguments in JC's capable hands. But I will engage anything with those who write-off Christ and the apostles, and the prophets before them. Their error is not driven by scholarship, but by antipathy to God and His Word.
    John 12:48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Still people thinking ID has to do with the fine tuned universe and ignoring its main issue which is with biology. Natural selection, not abiogenesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

atmo said:
    How does God (who, if he exists at all, must have been around for at least 13,500,000,000 years before now) make so many absolutely basic scientific and moral ‘mistakes’ in his inspiring of the Bible writers?
    He has been around from forever. :) But He has not made any mistakes, scientific or moral, in inspiring the Bible writers.
    Here are some examples:

The Bible claims that the Universe or ‘World’ (Earth and ‘heavens’) was created and populated by living creatures in 7 days ‘at the beginning’. However the majority of world religious leaders (and presumably most leading theologians too) now accept that the Earth is ‘only’ 4,500,000,000 years old, whereas the Universe (‘The Light’, the Word etc.. of the Bible) is (at least) 13,500,000,000 years old.
    What has any man's belief about the age of the creation to do with the actual age? Must it be so if the majority agree?
    So how did God create Man and the Animals in the first 7 days (when the Earth did not exist)
    The earth did exist before man was created. That is part of the creation of man and animals in 6 days to which you refer. If you rule out the former, you can't logically ask about the latter.
    and where did he keep them from ‘the Beginning’ at 13,500,000,000 years ago until 4,500,000,000 years ago (or in fact much, much later when conditions existed in which they could survide)? Why do the books not even hint at this gap or delay?
    Because there was no such delay. Some Christians say the delay was between 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth' and the subsequent events, but that seems inconsistent with other uses of the 'beginning' in the Bible.
    Did God give the land of Canaan to his chosen people and tell them to wipe out the original inhabitants? This is what we call Genocide today.
    Yes, God commanded them to drive out the inhabitants of Canaan. That was ethic cleansing, not genocide. You may be thinking of the genocide commanded against the Amalekites. God is perfectly entitled to dispose of sinners as He sees fit. We are not; we are limited by His commands. He has given us the State to deal with sinners - to punish thieves, rapists, murderers, etc.
    Did God inspire his writers to tell us to stone our children to death if they disobey their parents?
    As PDN points out, the commandment was to the Israelites under the Law, not us today.
    Scholars have estimated that roughly 2,500,000 people are wiped out by God in the course of the Bible stories by combinations of Genocide, murder, plague, floods etc. (OK, let’s agree on a conservative estimate of only 10% of this total -250,000 humans)
    The totals are much larger - all of mankind except 8 were killed in the Flood, for example. All of Sodom and Gormorrah; all of the firstborn in Egypt; all of Pharaoh's army at the Red Sea, etc.
    Slaves are ordered to obey their masters so we must assume that God created and is happy with slavery.
    Your assumption is wrong. God also orders us to not return evil for evil - does that make Him responsible for the persecution Christians receive for their faith? No, slavery was a poor economic institution, based on sinful tendencies in man's heart.
    If the self-confessed jealous God of the Bible did indeed inspire these stories and ensure their accuracy to the extent that we can take them literally, then he/it is a being of extremely low moral standards (by our standards of today)
    You confuse the rights God has to punish sinners with our rights in dealing with them. And God's patience in bearing with human institutions while restricting abuse.
    and for us to ‘follow’ the teachings of such a being is to make us (in so far as we do follow these scriptures) into very morally dubious and possibly dangerous neighbours and family members.
    If we were to take it upon ourselves to act as God, we would indeed be a danger. But if we pay attention to what actually He teaches us today, we will be the best of neighbours.
    Most religious believers when asked: “are you willing to die for your religion?” will answer “Yes!”
    Certainly that should be the Christian answer.
    Surely, in that case, these beliefs are stronger than, and will override all other secular beliefs we have – belief in human rights, freedom of speech, respect for other humans, the environment etc, if the two beliefs come into conflict (as they do every day all around the globe in all societies).
    IF they come into conflict, the dying is indeed done by the Christian. Imprisonment and death are the lot of many believers from the hands of those who hate their religion. Even in the West, teaching that some things are immoral can land one in prison. So much for free speech.
    Also, someone who is willing to die for his/her religion is not so far away from being willing to kill for what is probably a mythological story.
    If their religion teaches they should kill for it, that is true. Happily, the Christian religion expressly forbids such 'defence' of the faith. Not that Christians have always obeyed God on that.
    For religious people, if it comes down to a divide or dichotomy between their ‘secular’ values (love of all humans who are equally good and ‘saved’ – modern ideas of human rights) and doing what God ‘tells’ me (judgementalism and division of humans into ‘saved’ and ‘damned’) then there is no contest: God wins.
    If a secular value contradicts God, it must be abandoned.
    How did God make the mistake of allowing multiple systems of belief to develop, each of which gives very differing pictures of how he/it wants human devotees/followers to behave?
    Why did He allow Adam to sin? He doesn't say. But once sin entered it degraded every aspect of our ability and distorted our spiritual understanding. That's why God speaks to us in His word - to set us right in our thinking. He gives us help in that by opening our understanding by His Holy Spirit. Not all at once, but progressively do Christians grow in grace and the knowledge of Christ.
    Each of these systems of belief is as believable (or unbelievable) as the others – only an accident of birth has meant that you, PDN, have been inculcated into the Christian way of looking at God.
    You are an unbeliever as far as 85% of the worlds population is concerned. I just go a little further (and also disagree with the last 15%).
    Wrong. PDN and all Christians are not in the hands of chance. God reveals His truth to their spirits. They are not on their own. God chooses people from every nation, social standing and ability to be His children.
    So, there are only three possible interpretations to the Scriptures conundrum:
    either

1. God inspired all these differing scriptures (Mormon, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian, etc) and is having a bit of fun watching all these humans struggling with the subsequent confusion (and torturing and murdering millions over differences in interpretations into the bargain)
    That's a dud.
    or

2. he inspired only one true story and allowed the others to develop as a kind of Great Earth-wide Experiment – consigning the ‘losers’ (85% of humanity, all innocents) to blind following, for endless generations, of the ‘wrong’ story. (a Good God?)
    Close. Only it is no experiment (God knows all that will come to pass) and there are no innocents (all people are sinners).
    or

3. all the ‘scriptures’ are man-made and man-inspired (as were the stories of Zeus, Poseidon, Zoroaster etc..) and, otherwise intelligent humans have been so indoctrinated from early childhood that they just cannot let go of wholly implausible stories of very dubious moral value.
    Another dud.
    Over 97% of the scientists in the American Academy of Sciences (comprising many of the foremost scientists, in all fields, on this planet) do not believe in any sort of god. The figure for scientists in Europe is probably higher.
    That says there is no God, or that these men are so taken with their own egos that they just can't abide the thought of being answerable to Him. Given what I've seen of many of them, the latter fits the bill.
    The least religious societies on this planet (Sweden, New Zealand, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Denmark . . . [the list carries on down the most developed societies on Earth]) correlate very closely to those in the top echelon of the “Human Development Index” of the UN (and all other indexes of health, wealth, lack of corruption, good governance, respect for the rule of law, fairness in decisions of Justice, care for the weaker members of society etc..) while those with the highest religious observances and belief systems (mostly in Africa, Middle East and India) are towards the bottom.
    You neglected to mention the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Albania, etc. All were/are models of atheism. health, wealth, lack of corruption, good governance, respect for the rule of law, fairness in decisions of Justice, care for the weaker members of society etc....:pac::pac::pac:
    If these belief systems (and yours) were benign I would have no problem with them, but they are extremely damaging to all concerned – believers and unbelievers alike.
    My belief system is Evangelical/Reformed/Baptist. I know of no nation actively pursuing any part of that spectrum. So we can only talk of Christianity operating at the local level and in individuals. No doubt many Christians live below the demands of their faith, but in general one can argue that they are noted more for their charity than their violence to their neighbour. I certainly would prefer to be walking past a church at night than a pub.
    From a recovering former believer - now a humanist (what a relief!)
    May I ask in what god did you believe? And why you think humanism is the right thing?
    John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

YES, we had to SILENCE him. Because NO EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST HAS EVER ADDRESSED THE CREATIONIST CLAIM THAT THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS!!
    ... said in jest ... meant in earnest??

... with hundreds of organisms not changing one iota over millions of Evolutionist years, when Mankind was supposedly 'evolving' from something that looked like a glorified rat ... and with no transitions between any Created Kinds ... you may feel like justifying the silencing of Dr Babuna to 'shore up' the dead carcass of Evolution ... but I think it was a mistake.

You have just added advocacy of the suppression of Academic Freedom to denial of the objective evidence for the invalidity of Evolution!!!

You never got back to me on the evolution of DNA, by the way.
    DNA was Directly Created.

SleepDoc wrote: »
    Neurosurgery is not rocket science. He is just as deluded as you.
    You certainly don't need to be a Brain Surgeon, like Dr Babuna, to understand that Evolution is scientifically invalid ... but I guess it helps!!!

Did you look at the videos I posted ... Evolution is as scientifically 'dead' as a DODO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭SleepDoc

You certainly don't need to be a Brain Surgeon to understand that Evolution is scientifically invalid ... but I guess it helps!!!

Did you look at the videos I posted ... Evolution is as scientifically 'dead' as a DODO!!!

Not having a brain actually helps if you want to believe the guff you spout about evolution.

• Advertisement

SleepDoc wrote: »
    Not having a brain actually helps if you want to believe the guff you spout about evolution.
    Touché ... with bells on!!!

... have a look at the videos ... and come out of your deep denial ... and face the reality that Materialistic Evolution NEVER happened ... and there is a God who can Save you ... once you believe on Him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement