Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL on stupid reasons for not allowing gay marraiges

Options
  • 25-10-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

READ THIS FIRST!
    Hi all!
    I found this on the net by U.S.I. It's quite amusing if you read it correctly. It is a rip-off of people's reasons for not allowing gay marriages and please don't take it seriously as it is only meant to be a joke and a total satire. I am not anti-gay so please don't accuse me of being so and it takes a micky of more than just gay marriages.

12 irrefutable reasons why gay people should not be allowed to get married

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, homosexual parents will raise homosexual children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Homosexual marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Homosexual marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in in the world.

8. Homosexual marriage will encourage people to be homosexual, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing homosexual marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Homosexual marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer life-spans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for homosexuals will.

By the Union Of Students in Ireland [U.S.I]
    http://usilgb.netsoc.tcd.ie//modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=130&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Claps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

:D fcuking priceless!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Hahahahaha!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 playfulkitten

Seriouly though what right do government hsve to dictate the private lives of the few. We do not live in a big brother state and i do not want to!
    People live together for years and become common law husband and wife.
    Homosexual should not be treated like second class citizens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

People live together for years and become common law husband and wife.
    Homosexual should not be treated like second class citizens!
    On that front homosexuals are treated no differently than anyone else since there's no such thing in the eyes of the law.

I'd agree that civil unions should be available to homosexuals to provide legal protection for each party and grant the abilty to enter a legal partnership. Since a civil marriage(union for want of another word) is essentially a legal partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

rotflol - very clever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can only think of one of two reason's this website was created. One, your a man with a small penis, does not meet many women anyway, or is just threatened by lesbians. Watch out! I could go after your wife, it seems to be the new trend. Women leaving their husbands because other women can simply please them better. Or for a woman, well i guess you are truely an insecure person, with no morals at that. So sheltered in this world. But you know what is really funny? I am a lesbian. I am going to continue to **** girls. They are going to contiune building gay communities. And there is not a damn thing you or anyone else can do to stop it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I love a good satire

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ChrisCross

Know what I LOVE about that quiz thing?
    It shows you how many people ACTUALLY read things.

Long story short it led me to almost being punched and being called a homophobe..

funny in retrospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Speed readers only read the first few sentances and the first few words of those sentances. Ironically in an attampt not to look stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

Did anyone hear Micheal Healy-Rae on The Last Word (TodayFM) during the week? He was babbling on about gay marraiges - it was priceless! *chringe*

Advertisement