Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The what game are you playing thread (again)

Options
  • 26-10-2005 12:13am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭

PC:
    FEAR: Well actually just beaten it. Excellent game and will be high on my GOTY list.
    KOTOR: Finally getting round to giving this a decent go. Dull as ditchwater locales and combat but this is more than made up for by a well told story and likeable characters
    Marathon: Quite an old shooter from Bungie but decent nonetheless. It's easy to see all the inspiration for Halo.

PS2:
    Praetorian has this so not playing it at the moment. I was playing Katamari Damacry 2. He better finish MGS3 quick before Shadow of the Colossus arrives.

Gamecube:
    Viewtiful Joe 2: Love this game. Quite a big improvement on the already excellent original.
    Killer 7: I've kind of neglected this for shinier new games but i was enoying what I played of it.

Xbox:
    Burnout 3: It's getting very difficult around the 70% complete zone.
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath: Different take on the 1st/3rd person genre. Brilliant level design means that every level can be approached in different ways.

GBA/NDS:
    Castlevania: Absolutely brillaint game. Just finished it last night and just starting with the second character. If you like Metroid then this is a must have.
    TLOZ The Minish Cap: Kind of stopped playing this on the last dungeon when Castlevania arrived and also because I didn't want the game to end. One of the best zelda games I've played.

Saturn:
    Castlevania Dracula X Nocturne in the Moonlight: Updated version of the Symphony of the Night with new sections of the castle and also with added slowdown and disgraceful mesh transparency effects. Apart from the shoddy programming for a game that should have been superior on the saturn it's still a great game.

Yeah I know, too many games at the same time but it isn't my fault. There have been too many excellent games released this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Damn October and its games goodness.

PC
    Fear great game only played it once last week no time since.
    Quake 4 meh
    Pes 5 in 2 days online
    Bf2 Good old fun
    Swat 4 Coop , this game is too fcukin hard. And reloading the same map just after you played it is stupid but Coop is fun.
    Fm2006 sucks you cant play the game expect to see it in FS games soon.
    Mahjong Suite 2005

PS2
    Conflict Global Storm in Coop, dodgy controls but playable.
    TMNT mutant Melee the boy loves it
    Burnout 4
    Winning Eleven 9
    Warriors ....wow this is really really good.
    Xmen Legends Rise of someone. fairly **** game thank god its a rental.
    Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks pain in the ass getting lost "have we been here before ....dunno.....wanna play WE9 ?"

GC
    Tony Hawk 3 , i will beat 55k!!!!!!

Playing a lot of Coop games and actually nice to be able to get some, Global Storm altho fairly crap once you get over that and the crap 1st/3rd person controls its playable if you stick with it.

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PC - UT2K4 (could it be anything else? :p ), Dawn of War Winter Assault, Rome: Total War

Gamecube - Viewtiful Joe 2 (agreed retro, fantastic stuff), Metroid Prime (again!) and Tales of Symphonia

Xbox - Soul Calibur 2 (needed a bit of praccy after months in its case)

PS2 - Pro Evo 5, GTA: SA

SNES: Secret of Mana!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

PC: Final fantasy XI, CS 1.6 and a bit of CS Source

PSP: ridge racer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Only the one game currently, but it's been taking up all my time:

Rebelstar Tactical Command (GBA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

DS - Castlevania Have to agree with retro about this, I'm just on the final boss now myself. Absolute quality.
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Top drawer adventure game, really funny. Really makes me want to get a flash cart so I can get the scumvm emulator for ds, that would be the win.

PC - Thief 3 Pretty decent, pretty pretty too.
    Quake 4 - Not really playing it as such, am about too though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

PC: FEAR, Quake 4, FM 2006, WoW and CoD multiplayer

PS2: God of war

PSX: FFVII

GC: LoD:WW

XBOX: Ninja Gaiden

DS: Advance Wars: DS

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Dawn of War: Winter Assault: Great, but the single player campaign is too short, even if you get all the endings.

BF2: Great fun as usual, the patch fixed a few lingering issues.

WoW: Play a lot less of this than I used to, my guild making steady progress in BWL.

Far Cry: Started this on Veteran skill and its too hard in some areas, took me a couple of dozen goes to beat some areas.

Age of Empires 3: Meh, this game just doesnt grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

PC -a combo of old school Quake 3 and unreal tournament on our house lan and silent hunter 3 (shoudl try this on lan).

PS2 -Prince of persia.

GC -Super mario double dash, Super smash brothers and naruto multiplayer madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

:eek: Where do you all get the time to play so many games?! My pathetically short list...

Morrowind: Just...won't...let...me...leave... Playing it this time with a few fan mods.

Guild Wars: Still good fun even though there's been nothing to do for a few months now...Irish guild is still going strong.

Chrono Trigger (Emulator): All I was playing until the Morrowind discs start talking to me..."Install me...Install me again!" they kept saying... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I gotta say Retr0, i wasnt that impressed with strangers wrath. Everyone over at gamesradar were sucking its cock saying how incredible and all it is...but i was just kinda 'mbleh' about it. Seemes so samey...got to town..capture criminal..move on to another town..capture criminal..etc. Nice graphics, but for an oddworld game i was disappointed..every town was populated solely by those clackers, who you could barely even interact with, no mudokons or sligg or any of the cool characters from abe. Bit disappointing really.
    Anywho:

Day of defeat: source. Absolutely love this game. Ive been playing BF2/BFV for the past 2 years and its a nice change to play an infantry based shooter on small, choke point oriented maps.

Quake 4: Thought it was 'okay' until i got as far as nexus hub last night, from then on its status was elevated to 'f*cking brilliant' :D

BF2: nuff said

Ridge Racer psp: Good fun.

ICO: finished it again the other week just to see that ending..so sad it made me shed a tear the first time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

PSP: Guilty Gear XX Reload
    PS2: ICO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PC: Dawn of war, soon to get F.E.A.R, farcry but got bored
    PS2: WE:9
    PSP: nothing
    GC: nothing

I have loads of games but none of them interest me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

PC
    Fable The Lost Chapters- Good Fun, very fluid combat system if a bit chaotic, decent plot, and graphics are real nice.

Galactic Civilsations- Four months into this game and I have started to make gains on the independent systems to the south, I give it another two months before I win. (I <3 this game)

Nexus: Jupiter Incident- What a Great looking game, strategy is a too easy or a bit too hard depending on the point in the level, and the story is drawn out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PC:
    FEAR (great game, really enjoying it)
    Fahrenheit (on the back burner until I finish FEAR)

DS:
    Castlevania (finished main game, currently juggling a Julius game and a New+ game on hard).

Advance Wars (kind of bored with this, but I'd like to get back into it)

Ossu Tatakae Ouendan (fun imported music game, but getting bloody hard)

GBA
    Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (needed a new fix after finishing the DS game)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

STAR WARS : KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC...MAN WHAT A GAME...IT IS WELL WORTH PLAYING

ps : i have a problem controlling the volume of my voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

PC:
    fear, quake4, earth2160, fahrenheit, bf2
    xbox:
    forza motorsport, pes4
    ds:
    advance wars ds

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

just cleared F.E.A.R....and it scared the pants off me. im getting through san andreas as well, but i have a tendancy to just go crazy and kill everyting, then see how long i can survice on a bike. also cleared max payne 2 again...man i love that game.

ace combat 5 will be next. best ps2 game...ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Only using my PC at the moment, haven't used the Game Cube in many months :(

- Neverwinter Nights: bought it on the bargain shelf, ok game but not gripping me enough to play every day
    - Thief 3: its installed, but haven't started yet

Got Deus Ex (never played) and Rome: Total War (half-finished campaign) waiting for me when those two are done. However, if I buy Civ IV before Christmas I just know I won't get to anything else for 6 months or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PC: Far Cry, Football Manager 2006, Pro Evo 5 Demo (full game from Friday :) )
    PS2: havent turned it on in a month :eek:
    PSP: Burnout Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Battlefield 2

• Advertisement

Yes Civ IV will take my life soon....
    ive enjoyed this time we have had between Civ 3 and now but Mr Meirs is to take hold of me once again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

KdjaC wrote:
    Xmen Legends Rise of someone. fairly **** game thank god its a rental.
    I bought this and had to bring it back as it was so full of bugs.

I'm pretty sure one of Magneto's special powers isn't lying flat on a rock and spinning around in circles for half an hour.

I got them to exchange it for the new Dragonball Z game on the PS2.

I thought they'd gotten everything just perfect with Budokai 3, but they've completely changed everything now... pulling off special moves isn't much fun any more. You can zoom around on a map and hide under water and behind mountains and stuff and you can blow up buildings and scenery but that only has limited appeal. Also there is no powering up or metamorphing in game any more... you have to choose which form you want at the character select screen.

It's all very disappointing... there isn't even a cool cartoon sequence for the intro this time around.

I haven't got a huge ammount of time to play games at the moment... my Nintendog is probably starving to death at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Xbox:
    Just finished Stubbs the Zombie (too short, but fun)

DS:
    Nintendogs
    Mario 64

PSP:
    Burnout Legends
    Sam and Max (ScummVM ftw!)

PC:
    Quake 4 (yawn)
    Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines (yeah, it's sad, replaying as Tremere)
    Finished FEAR and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (both high on my GOTY list aswell)
    BF2 when I get the chance (and when Eircom fix this bloody latency problem)
    Rome Total War exp pack (Barbarian invasion) when I get round to it

GC:
    Hoping to get Killer 7 soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

PC: I'd been hoping to have my hands on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warrior by now, but since it was put back till Feb, I've dug out the original and been playing through it, and the expansion packs. Have some totall conversion mods to work through aswell when I'm done with them. Still an amazing game after all these years, and it feels good to get back to some serious gameplay after fun but unfulfilling games like HL2 and Far Cry (in saying that I'll probably pick up FEAR at the weekend, demo scared me s**tless :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've been going on a bit of buying splurge for PC games the last couple of weeks -

Have recently bought:

RTW Barbarian Invasion - haven't played it too much, but looks nice

FEAR - finished it the other day, excellent.

WH40K Dawn of War + Winter Assault pack - very good

Black and White 2 - so far, its very pretty but just not a lot of *fun*

Vampire The Masquarade Bloodlines : Buggy as hell, but nice characters, dialogue and plot.

And I'd forgotten Civ IV is out soon....there's another i'll have to buy. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Wow
    FEAR (anyone else find this a little easy? Playing it on hardest mode and i rarely die. Its not all that scary either if truth be told, only two really jump out of my seat moments so far...)
    Civ4 soon...

All i got time for atm, XBOX, Ps2 sitting idle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Xbox - Burnout 3, Taito Legends, Doom 3, Far Cry Instincts, Still Life, Project Zero 2.

GC - Eternal Darkness (again), Resident Evil 4 (again)

GBA/DS - Metroid Fusion (again), Metroid Zero Mission (again), Wario Twisted

I don't play them all each day -- just kinda decide when I sit down what I feel like. Taito Legends is fun -- Rainbow Islands and New Zealand Story, talk about nostalgia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

PC - GTA San Andreas just got to Las Ventura

PS2 - PES5, only got her yesterday much adjusting to do

GC - Gathering Dust prob will revive Soul Calibur 2 this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PC :: F.E.A.R, Total_Overdose.

xbox: PES4. PGR2.

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    FEAR (anyone else find this a little easy? Playing it on hardest mode and i rarely die.

lol.... the thought of BK finding a game hard makes me laugh! :p

u want hard?? try Viewtiful Joe on the gamecube on the VVV- Adults difficulty
    but yeah that FEAR game is apparantly very cool, might get that or Quake IV on the weekend

Advertisement