Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The what game are you playing thread (again)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

i only really play one game now on the pc and thats enemy territory ..this game is very addictive espcially wen your in a clan ...so i cant stop..wats the point in playin aload of different games when your average skill at all of them when ya can be brilliant at playin one ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

to this day, ET is still one of my most played online fps's. The sense of teamwork still hasnt been beaten imo. An absolute classic, and free at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

World of bloody Warcraft has taken over my life. My x-box and PS2 have been gathering dust since i got it 4 or 5 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BF2 and PES5 demo on PC.
    The only 2 games I've played in the past month or so.... and It'll probably swing more towards PES once I get my mitts on the full version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PC - GTA San Andreas (must be damn near the end by now... finished the "up up and away" mission a couple of days ago)
    Serious Sam 2 - seems alright so far... the big metal spider type yokes are cool:)
    Quake 4 - extremely "meh"

GC - lots and lots of Mario Kart, SSBM, Monkey Ball and 1080... my new flatmate is one competetive mofo:p

GBA - Pokémon leaf green:o (i'm getting a serious sense of Deja vu when playing this...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

try Viewtiful Joe on the gamecube on the VVV- Adults difficulty
    Ah yer heard good things about that alright. Might have to get it for me ps2 (think i saw it on the ps2?).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

PC - Transport tycoon deluxe and probably a bit of civ 3 in order to prepare for Civ 4. I also kept recommending Deus Ex that I went off to play it again on realistic.

PS2 - SSX on tour, pretty much finished Burnout Revenge, GTA San Andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

PC:

BF2: Of course.

Quake 4: Though it kinda sucks.

PES 5: Will probably be the weekend before i get it.

FEAR: Decent game the AI is amazing.

SWAT: Decent game CO-OP is a good laugh.
    KdjaC wrote:
    Swat 4 Coop , this game is too fcukin hard. And reloading the same map just after you played it is stupid but Coop is fun.

Get a feckin mic.:D

Gamecube: Hasn't seen any action lately.:(

DS/GBA

Pokemon Emerald: Another cash cow being milked but it's fun.
    Nintendogs: Excellent game though having to delete the save file before santa comes will be a sad day.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Ah yer heard good things about that alright. Might have to get it for me ps2 (think i saw it on the ps2?).

I recommend Devil May Cry 1+3 (forget 2). Both horribly tough games. Also don't bother with kids difficulty in Viewtiful Joe. Go for Adults or Hard in VJ2. People complain that VJ is too hard in kids mode but it isn't. They are the same people that complain Ninja Gaiden is too hard.

Forgot to mention that i'm playing quite a bit of DoD source. Love the game and I've found some great servers to play it on.

Also playing Mystical Ninja feat. Geomon on the N64. It's absolutely insane. Some weird aliens are turning japanese monuments into western versions of them and you have to stop them. The main character has the ability to turn into a giant robot for absolutely no reason or with no explanation. Absolutely nuts but great at the same time. Thanks for this Kdjac, it certainly is my cup of tea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Ps2 : San andreas, was almost in the desert when my memory card died had to start again but im getting close to finish the missions.

Psp : Ridge racer, just the special races left and cant quite beat them yet.

Megadrive psp emu : Streets of rage 3.

Xbox : Outrun 2 and halo 2 both a long way off being finished due to live distracting me all the time.

Ds/gba : Sim city 2000, finally getting good at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Metroid Prime's the only game I have time for at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I recommend Devil May Cry 1+3 (forget 2). Both horribly tough games. Also don't bother with kids difficulty in Viewtiful Joe. Go for Adults or Hard in VJ2. People complain that VJ is too hard in kids mode but it isn't. They are the same people that complain Ninja Gaiden is too hard.

Forgot to mention that i'm playing quite a bit of DoD source. Love the game and I've found some great servers to play it on.

Also playing Mystical Ninja feat. Geomon on the N64. It's absolutely insane. Some weird aliens are turning japanese monuments into western versions of them and you have to stop them. The main character has the ability to turn into a giant robot for absolutely no reason or with no explanation. Absolutely nuts but great at the same time. Thanks for this Kdjac, it certainly is my cup of tea :D
    man, i played that game back in the day and it was the weirdest thing ever, he would turn into this massive robot out of the blue, it was pretty cool and easy i guess but i think i died and it took me way back. BIT of an odd game, i wouldnt want to play it again - once of thing, i got zelda recently after it and that game was history.

also i think or thought viewtiful joe was hard at medium ? or was i playing it on easy ? i left it because i couldnt get through the stage where youre fighting trex on the little train cart

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

At this moment im only really playin the xbox. cube, ps2 and DS gettig neglected.

PLayin Ninja gaiden black mostly with some pro evo 5 thrown in there and a sprinkle of online halo 2.

ninja gaiden black ftw. head chops and all. dunno how this game is only 15

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Due to Leaving Cert constraints, little time for gaming but im finally playing through Mario Sunshine. A game that delights (Colours! Yoshis! Water! Yay!) and annoys (Manta Rays! Falling off the top after 5 minutes of climbing! Boo!) in equal measure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

amp wrote:
    PC - Transport tycoon

Have you played the follow-up - Locomotion. Anyway, there's a good few mods/extra trains for both games on the net. Ok, I need a life...

PC
    Locomotion

PS2
    Fahrenheit
    Buzz - the music quiz with buzzers!
    Warriors

PSP
    Pursuit Force
    Everybody's Golf
    Wipeout
    starting to play FI

I've never played so much PlayStation before besides playing GTA. Beyond all my doubts, I’m actually quite looking forward to the Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No time for gaming because of college work and job, dammit!
    But when I do get the chance...

GC:
    Ikaruga (got a lend... *drool*)
    Beyond Good and Evil

Xbox:
    Burnout Revenge (still can't decide whether I still prefer Burnout 3...)

DS:
    Meteos (this game MANGLED my touch screen! There's pretty much a block pattern on it.)
    Astro Boy: Omega Factor (again... it's so goddamn good!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Fire
    Emblem
    8D~~

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Playing through HL2 for the second time, haven't touched my PS2 or GBA in months. Played some Unreal Tournament 2K4 a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    you should get on the GFF server some night and have a game with us retr0, so i can own your ass with my '42 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

monument wrote:

PSP
    Pursuit Force

how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

PC
    SWAT 4 - Online mostly
    FM 2006
    RCT 3

All i need really!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

monument wrote:
    Is Buzz any good? It looks like fun, but are the questions relevent enough? Or are there lots of questions about Justin Timberlake's favourite brand of toothpaste?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deadwing wrote:
    you should get on the GFF server some night and have a game with us retr0, so i can own your ass with my '42 :D

Send me the ip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

P.C.

F.E.A.R - great game but not all that scary really, a few kind of jumpy moments but thats about it. The combat is spectacular though.

Fahrenheit - had fallen totally out of touch with adventure games after Grim Fandango till this came out. Absolutely brilliant game.

PS2.

Machine gave up the ghost recently was playing MGS3 and San Andreas until it did.

X Box.

Ninja Gaiden - absolutely amazing game, definitely one of the best I've played in quite some time. I just pity the people who gave up on it at the first boss, its not a hard game at all it just punishes mistakes more harshly than other games would, lesson: dont make mistakes!

Got Jade Empire at the same time as Ninja Gaiden in a 2 for €50 deal in Gamestop, havent touched it yet though and wont until I've beaten Ninja Gaiden.

Am in the process of buying a second hand Gamecube with both the metroids and resi 4 so that should take up some time over Christmas!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Placebo wrote:
    how?

For review. It’s a pre-release possible unfinished, copy - it says something like ‘pre-production’ on the UMD. To be honest, I haven’t played too much of it - been busy at late... but what I have played was reasonable hard and fairly good.
    Is Buzz any good? It looks like fun, but are the questions relevent enough? Or are there lots of questions about Justin Timberlake's favourite brand of toothpaste?

Yes, it is. You can pick 'old' or 'new' music or both, while there are a few strange question most of them comprise of a bit of a song playing and then questions like ‘who had a hit with…’, ‘what was the name of this bands tour…’.

I was with a friend and his young brothers a few days ago, it’s fun but it’s defiantly not a way to keep the children quite, as such. The multiplayer modes range from clicking on one of four coloured buttons corresponding to the answers on screen (with out letting others know what answer you picked) to pass the ‘bomb’ to clicking on the top red button which lights up when it lights up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Played through Baldur's Gate 1, then went straight into BG2 with my imported character. So far I'd guess I'm on maybe 50 hours, though time seems to lose much meaning during it.

Intending to get F.E.A.R. and Fahrenheit for PC, have Jade Empire and The Warriors waiting on the xbox. Civ 4 is a worry, if it fails to enrage me into abandoning it alá Civ "My spearman moecks your 9 unit army" 3, I fear I may dissipate into addiction in its purest form, a dustlike substance of caffeine and heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

PS2
    GTA:SA
    Gran Turismo 4

PSP
    RidgeRacers
    Wipeout

N64
    Goldeneye.

God I lurv video games. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Mark wrote:
    if it fails to enrage me into abandoning it alá Civ "My spearman moecks your 9 unit army" 3
    If an ewok can beat an AT-AT, then a spearman can beat a tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PC: Day of Defeat - Source, and loving it.
    Various consoles: pft, nothing. I return to my ps2 for a quick blast of burnout 3 from time to time, but that's all. Might pick up B4 for the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

PC F.E.A.R. and Fahrenheit
    PSP Ridge Racer and Luminies
    PS2 Burnout Revenge

Advertisement