Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The what game are you playing thread (again)

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

PC
    F.E.A.R. - enjoying it so far but yet again do I care about why I'm shooting these guys? Nope.
    ET - the all time greatest online team based shooter ever created and it's free. Needs more maps though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Lego Star Wars B]PC[/B
    Advance wars: Dual Strike B]DS[/B
    Tales of symphonia (i put this aside a while ago and now i'm making a push to finish it) B]GC[/B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

SHadow of the collosus PS2 (excellent)
    RE4 PS2 also excellent
    AOE 3 for PC average

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cant play alot of games due to college and work but at the moment im playing, ill put little * out of five to rate the game:

Pc
    1.) Dawn of War:Winter Assault - brilliant, best strategy game iv played in a long time ****

2.) Black and white 2 - disapointed with all the hype up to it, kinda short as well. ***

3.) Fable: The Lost chapters: At first i REALLY enjoyed this game, then after short hours it's over!? this is what people were ****tin about it right? Are all Peter Moleneux games awfully short!? wasnt worth splashing out the money for the end result tbh. ***

Ps2
    1.) DarkWatch - Suprisingly good, although there are repetitive enemies and battles its actually fun using the weapons to kill the enemies.***

2.) King of fighters 2002 - wtf!? 2002? and this 2005 nearly 2006? apparently SNK are going nuts about that their new release games arnt being released over here until ages. However, enough sh!ite this game is very good and im a great fan of the series. ****

Watch out for Call of Duty 2! gonna be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

PC:
    FEAR
    Call Of Duty and UO (just multiplayer though)
    Gunz: The Duel

PS2:
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (again)

Xbox:
    Mercenaries
    Tenchu: Return From Darkness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

PS2:
    Shadow of the Colossus: Its a little on the easy side but its just stunningly beautiful.
    WRC5: Still striking a balance between arcade and sim. Almost up there with Richard Burns Rally.
    EDF2: Giant ants, spiders, ufos, tripod walkers, giant alien centipedes, huge motherships and many more japanese low budget sci-fi disaster merchants and one tiny guy with some very big guns in 100% destructable locals such as london and downtown tokyo = the most fun I've had playing a videogame this year.

Xbox
    Operation Flashpoint Elite: Still as good as it was 4 years ago.
    Burnout 3.5: Yearly itteration am cry. Good stuff though.
    Sniper Elite: Brought me to the conclusion that I am a horrible person.

DS/GBA
    Meteos: Still Playing 7 months later.
    Castlevania: Its as great as everyone says.
    Phoenix Wright: Just started but its guilty of premeditated fun.
    Tsuukin Hitofude: Improves on Chokkan Hitofude in every way, except lacking the touchscreen controls.
    Dr. Mario/Panel De Pon: Its Panel De Pon with eye raping kana pixelfonts. Still the second best block busting game ever made though, and it fits in your pocket if you have a gameboy micro.

PSP
    erm........?
    Nothing.

Cube
    Four Swords: Solo isnt that much fun but even zelda dungeon crawls are better than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gamecube:

Killer 7 - Its like marmite, either you hate it or love it. I love it. Such a cool unusal game. Its the main game i've been playing.

Resident Evil 4 - Got this at the US release, got to the seige in the house, got rage and haven't got pass.

N64:

Zelda OOT - Loving this. Great game.

GBA/DS:

Jump SuperStars - Crazy jap anime game like super smash bros. Great fun. Just need to learn jap to play it, lol!!

Castlevania - Fantasic game. Only fault is adding touch screen elements like the seals at the end of a boss fight.

Advance Wars DS - Great fun but getting a little frustrating in later levels.

Meteos - Just brilliant.

Zelda Minish cap - Only the final dungeon in Castle Hyrule. Just don't want it to end so haven't finished it yet

Snes:

Super Mario All Stars
    Street Fighter 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Saturn: Serious bouts of Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2 (Two unbelievably savage games!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Xbox: The Warriors, Moto GP 3, Forza Motorsport

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Day of Defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

PC:
    HL2
    HL2DM
    CS:S

PS2:
    Burnout Revenge
    Warriors
    Star Wars Battlefront II

Xbox:
    Doom3

PSP:
    Burnout Legends
    Lumines
    -Plan on getting Ghost in the Shell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I revised mine to simplify.

PC
    Pes 5........words cant express its goodness lagfree............

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

XBox (just bought it)
    Far Cry Instincts (superb game)
    Halo 2
    Project Gotham 2

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

About to start Call of Cthulhu on the Xbox. Been waiting for it to come out for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

KdjaC wrote:
    I revised mine to simplify.

PC
    Pes 5........words cant express its goodness lagfree............

kdjac

Hear Hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

PS: Final Fantasy 7, finally (Can't... stop... playing!) :D

PS2: God of War, Oh my god, it's perfect for venting rage!
    Final Fantasy X-2. I know, I know, but I'm a sucker for the brand name

PC: Black & White 2, Brilliant, I would have bought it just for the water in the game.
    Far Cry, Shockingly clever AI. Makes for brilliant feeling when you defeat mercenaries
    Beyond Good and Evil, Meh, it's good, but I was expecting more depth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Gamecube:

Killer 7 - Its like marmite, either you hate it or love it. I love it. Such a cool unusal game. Its the main game i've been playing.

Great game, the very same I'm playing at the mo. Stuck tho, damn fairground doors...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

DS:Advance Wars DS
    Mario DS

PS2:Lego Star Wars
    Spiderman

PC: Dungeon Keeper 2

GBA: Astro Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

About to start Call of Cthulhu on the Xbox. Been waiting for it to come out for years.
    Let me know how you get on with that one.

I love Call of Cthulu... but I'm not so sure about it being an FPS type of game.

At the moment I'm playing City of Villians... I just love my little robots...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I just love my little robots...

Are they little robot monkeys?

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Are they little robot monkeys?
    Unfortunetly not...

That would just be too cool.

I have two small ones called Bender and Flexo and a big one called The Crushinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

After putting it off for too long im finally properly playing Metroid Prime... hopefully (with the help of Jazzy) ill be playing Timesplitters 3 by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have two small ones called Bender and Flexo and a big one called The Crushinator.

Yay! Futurama ftw

What do you think of CoV so far? Any good?

koneko wrote:
    Yay! Futurama ftw

What do you think of CoV so far? Any good?
    Still a little bit buggy.... but nothing major... and they've already released one patch and that's calmed things down a bit.

I'm enjoying it a lot... but calling it a sequel to CoH is a bit much... it's really more of an add-on pack. You still wander around in the same sewers and caves.. although sometimes the sewers levels lead into a cave which is a bit neat.

A lot of the costume options are pretty similiar to CoH too... which just a few skulls thrown in for good measure... altough there are a good few beast options availble which I haven't really looked at yet.

I'm in a Super Group and we have a base.. but it isn't up to much yet... it just has a table and some chairs... possibly evil tables and chairs.

Lots of people have chosen Masterminds as their characters, myself included... as they are the most radically new type of character. You get to summon up a bunch of pets, in my case robots.. but there are ninjas, soldiers and zombies as well... but with so many people playing as Masterminds levels like the sewers can get pretty crowded with 5 people all with 3 pets each trying to squeeze through the one door way.

I haven't used any of the new PvP stuff yet... maybe this weekend....

Advertisement