Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Spanner - satirical magazine

Options
  • 26-10-2005 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

This magazine was to be found around NUIG this week. And other colleges too, I assume. Has anyone else read it?

It's pretty funny although the Róisín Ingle spoof wasn't half as good as Pigman's imo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

very good stuff this little mag. it was circulated during freshers week in ucd by the comedy society. really worth a look in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

and...just got the second edition there. october 05'
    it was being handed out in UCD again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

yeh read it today also....some things are quite funny i think, like eddie o'sullivan saying i always saw her [glenda gilson] as a hooker :D

though a couple of the articles, such as that roisin ingle one seemed a bit try too hard to be funny..ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

While there's a few funny articles here and there in it (haven't seen any of this year's issues) I would have to say that I prefer The Naked Galwegian (that's a Galway only mag but it's sadly not got money behind it) - http://www.nakedgalway.tk

Also it hasn't been around for a while. Good archives to browse through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Simu, how come you are creating two threads about products from the one marketing company in such a short space of time? Do you work for this company? Is this sneaky spam?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316596

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well:

Option 1: I happened to be reading the magazine and saw an ad for the website and was inspired to post about both.

Option 2: I am an employee of this company and have spent the last few years building up a profile on boards.ie all in the hopes that the admins wouldn't notice how I slipped in two advertisements amongst my 6,000+ posts. (effective marketing strategy, huh?)

Take your pick, Sherlock Holmes.

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

can we not go with both options?? bit of column A, bit of column B ???

as for the spanner i read it once but at times it seemed to be trying a bit too hard to be funny. I'd still read it tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Not a patch on the sadly missed Slate *sigh*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes indeed i do miss that too, ah the good old days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Not as googd as the slate!that was good even if it was quite offensive.

The glenda gleeson piece was funny!she annoys me so much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

At least the Spanner is better then Blush, or Bash or whatever the hell that photo thingy is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Dear god i found that in college the other day - never seen anything as disgraceful as bash - i think i cried a little.

the naked galwegian is legendary!nothing could beat that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

the naked galwegian is legendary!nothing could beat that!:)

True - classic stuff it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ah God bless the Naked Galwegian. There's still lively traffic going through their website daily.

Advertisement