Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few quick questions...

Options
  • 26-10-2005 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I just spent a while browsing through the forum, and Im just wondering about a few things.

First up, would an air pistol require as tight a security and scutiny set up as a regular pistol.

Also, Im thinking of getting a ruger 10/22 for some modifying. Would it be ok to fit a bullpup stock or is there regulation on firearms lenth and firearms accessorys imports?

Are high capacity magasines allowed?

Also could I import myself, or would I be better off using a dealer. Basicly Id like to get it for as low a price as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

In the order they were asked:

1. It looks that way, but would depend (for the moment) on the attitude taken by your local Superintendent).
    2. Nothing to prevent you fitting a bullpup stock on your 10/22 (except theyre rubbish :) )
    3. Hicap magazines are allowed.
    4. You can do it either way, dealer tends to be more convenient, private import is cheaper sometimes, but by no means always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Cheers,
    Id also be wondering, would I have costoms giving me grief for gun related imports?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Make sure the paperwork (from both ends) is in order and you'd be fine.

Advertisement