Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone help me book Johnny Moy?

• 26-10-2005 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I really need to book Johnny Moy for a night in Feburary, can someone help me with a contact number for his agency or something, I've tried google, but its fairly unhelpful except for 1 link to a booking agency in the UK who's number seems to be not used any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its my brothers 21st (some may laugh) and I want to suprise him with one of his favourite DJ's (and yes, I know it will be expensive) :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Ahem yes, Im Johnny Moy and yes I will be expensive....

Just ring the POD. I'm sure they'll give you an agents name and no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

afaik johnny is his own man, no agent

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Papa Smut wrote:
    Just ring the POD. I'm sure they'll give you an agents name and no.

Thanks :D never thought of that lol... will do that tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Make sure to introduce the delightful Johnny to all your aunties, uncles, and grandparents. Lovely lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Very overated anyway in my opinion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Sorry thought this thread said can anybody help me sh*t on johnny moys face. Now that i could have helped you with. A far better birthday present for your brother would be not booking Johnny Moy and instead just sticking a needle in his eye, it would induce the same feeling as if johnny moy was there in person, while saving you money which could then be given to your brother.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

MiniMetro wrote:
    Sorry thought this thread said can anybody help me sh*t on johnny moys face. Now that i could have helped you with. A far better birthday present for your brother would be not booking Johnny Moy and instead just sticking a needle in his eye, it would induce the same feeling as if johnny moy was there in person, while saving you money which could then be given to your brother.

Did he do something to bother you??!

...Johnny Moy (IMO of course, due to sensitive nature of forums :rolleyes: ) was one of my favourite Djs back in the day anyway, no idea what he is like now as its about 10 years since I heard him play.

Each to their own, whatever floats your boat, blah blah blah.

Felixdhc wrote:
    Did he do something to bother you??!

...Johnny Moy (IMO of course, due to sensitive nature of forums :rolleyes: ) was one of my favourite Djs back in the day anyway, no idea what he is like now as its about 10 years since I heard him play.

Each to their own, whatever floats your boat, blah blah blah.

Would tend to agree with you, I've heard him a fair few times and thought of his as nothing but excellent, maybe its his taste of music, or the fact that he's Irish that MiniMetro seems to have such a burning love for Johnny...?

Still didnt get around to ringing as I ended up with tonsillitus shortly after my last post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭freddyf

I wouldnt imagine he would cost more than 350 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

freddyf wrote:

plus travel expenses, hotel for the night and free gargle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

not the mention the unmentional powder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

freddyf wrote:

I would have thought it would be more along the 2k mark

2k????

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

joejoem wrote:
    I would have thought it would be more along the 2k mark

oh lord. This has to be the funniest post ever.

****'n priceless. 2k for johnny moy?! i love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Johhny Moy is nearly €700 for a 2 hour set , thats wat i just heard from a college organiser who booked him 2 yrs ago

man they got ripped of too lol. if i did have any respect for him id imagine 200/250 + expenses would be loads if not too much

2k hahaha! wit a bitta luck ud get dave clarke for that depending on circumstances etc

tel922001 wrote:
    Johhny Moy is nearly €700 for a 2 hour set , thats wat i just heard from a college organiser who booked him 2 yrs ago

Thats probably more like it, but to be honest, its a supply and demand thing, DJ's are always gonna look for as much as they can get, thats the nature of the business...

I would have guessed around the 1500 mark including travel etc, but february is a quite time of the year anyway, we'll see, still didnt get around to ringing anyone...

P.s. If your reading this and you don't like johnny moy, please say your real reasons, not just "I'd rather get my eye plucked out"... personnally I think he is very good, maybe he's played out in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the **** lives in Dublin doesnt he? where is your party on FatB? The fact that your not a recognised promoter and its only for a 21st he will try a bend you voer the table and roger you as much as possible. Like he did to the college stunts who booked him.

Was that 700euro before expenses? if so your mate should ring the cops to report a robbery.

theres no f*ckin way johnny moy would be near 700 quid

you could get scott bond for only a smidge more than that, and hes a guarenteed crowd

• Advertisement

the **** lives in Dublin doesnt he? where is your party on FatB? The fact that your not a recognised promoter and its only for a 21st he will try a bend you voer the table and roger you as much as possible. Like he did to the college stunts who booked him.

Was that 700euro before expenses? if so your mate should ring the cops to report a robbery.

Basically in waterford, I'm a DJ myself and I know that he's gonna look for as much as he can get, but thats the way most people are, they will keep pushing their price til they are no longer booked up for the year...

To me (well, mainly to my brother) Johnny is worth the price...

Anyways, about the drink and all the rest, thats no bother, we own a pub ;)

Like I've asked before, why do ye not like him?

when he lost respect for himself i lost respect for him. he dabbled too much and became a guy who just likes to get really fooked up and it effects everything he does. i remember him at erol alken in crawdaddy and he was put in a cab by bouncers and sent home he was so bad, that was only an hr and a half after he played or so

ill shave my head, get coked of my tits, throw some bottles around for 500 plus expenses? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just showed this thread to a guy I work with who's actually related to Johnny. Said he'll give him a bell and get back to you FatB.
    I'll send you a PM when he does and I'll get your number so you can sort out every thing, price, dates, etc.

B.

Advertisement