Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching From Non-Eircom Supplier to VOIP

• 26-10-2005 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

As I am in this same position, I would be interested in hearing peoples expieriences of switching from a non eircom telecoms supplier to the likes of blueface while wanting to keep your number. I remember reading one post where the user had to switch back to eircom first before going over to their voip supplier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I had this experience. Was with an Eircon reseller. There was alot of trouble with this, mainly due to there being no system in place to port from Eircon resellers (this is Comreg not Blueface). Once I moved back to Ericon the port took maybe a month, this was because I had to get a bill with my Eircon A/C on it. If you move back to Eircon now you should be able to port in less then a month. Worth it in the end. Particularily since they caused me so much trouble during the port.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You might find this scary http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307169
    5 months to port - must be a record

Cabaal wrote:
    You might find this scary http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307169
    5 months to port - must be a record

I think I was slightly longer. :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

first question you need to ask is if retaining your existing number is really all that important. for the price of either a few postcards/letters or SMS messages you can let everyone know who needs to know and then simply get a new 01- number from Blueface. You'll be up and running in minutes.

meanwhile you'll probably have some remaining time on your Eircom line so forward all calls to voicemail and leave a message saying your number has changed.

shabbyroad wrote:
    first question you need to ask is if retaining your existing number is really all that important. for the price of either a few postcards/letters or SMS messages you can let everyone know who needs to know and then simply get a new 01- number from Blueface. You'll be up and running in minutes.

meanwhile you'll probably have some remaining time on your Eircom line so forward all calls to voicemail and leave a message saying your number has changed.

It takes less than one month if you go back to Eircon? While I see your point, why bother?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Why bother ? :D

This is Eircon we're dealing with....

shabbyroad wrote:
    Why bother ? :D

This is Eircon we're dealing with....

Yeah but I take more satisfaction having them lose a customer who ports. This way they know (or someone does) that they are losing customers to alternate providers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

I thought that when you port you have to stay for 6 months ? Or was that just part of the Ts & Cs of my porting over to UTV ?

whiteboard wrote:
    I thought that when you port you have to stay for 6 months ? Or was that just part of the Ts & Cs of my porting over to UTV ?

Just UTV I think.

Advertisement