Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Number and Magnet

• 26-10-2005 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Simple question but have been told different answers. If I sign up to magnet unbundling, does my eircom telephone number physically move to magnet telephone switch or is it left on eircom's switch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

ANewee wrote:
    Simple question but have been told different answers. If I sign up to magnet unbundling, does my eircom telephone number physically move to magnet telephone switch or is it left on eircom's switch?

I'm not 100% on this but... Your number does not automatically move. You may be able to port it accross, this could take up to a month though. Contact Magnet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

ANewee wrote:
    You cannot keep your old Eircom number on an unbundled line. Magnet will have to give you a new number. Maybe sometime in the distant future Eircom will be forced to allow you to get your old number back, but don't hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

steve-o wrote:
    You cannot keep your old Eircom number on an unbundled line. Magnet will have to give you a new number. Maybe sometime in the distant future Eircom will be forced to allow you to get your old number back, but don't hold your breath.

Are you certain? I know if you move to a VOIP provider like Blueface you can. I have done this.

Advertisement