Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface slight echo

• 26-10-2005 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I've made a few calls with the Draytek unit and I can hear a slight echo sometimes. Is that just a fact of life or should I muck around with codecs and stuff? Anyone experienced a similar problem and have a quick fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Give blueface support a call. I found them to be extremely helpful.

It could just be a matter of changing codec or checking your router / hardware setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Blaster99 wrote:
    I've made a few calls with the Draytek unit and I can hear a slight echo sometimes. Is that just a fact of life or should I muck around with codecs and stuff? Anyone experienced a similar problem and have a quick fix?
    I had an echo with a particular firmware version on my ATA. After upgrading the echo went away.

I also get an echo with a softphone, which I don't use so I'm not that bothered about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Let me know how you get on Blaster99, I have slight echo also but since my ping to sip.blueface.ie is 150-200ms, I've assumed thats the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

capistrano wrote:
    I had an echo with a particular firmware version on my ATA. After upgrading the echo went away.

I also get an echo with a softphone, which I don't use so I'm not that bothered about that.

What ATA do you have and what firmware version are you using.
    Having same issue on Linksys PAP2

rash wrote:
    What ATA do you have and what firmware version are you using.
    Having same issue on Linksys PAP2
    Siputa SP-2100 ATA with firmware 3.2.2(g).

I got the firmware from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

is the Sipura firmware ok to use on the Linksys PAP-2 ?

shabbyroad wrote:
    is the Sipura firmware ok to use on the Linksys PAP-2 ?
    No, I was just replying to an earlier post about how I got rid of an echo. I heard that Linksys bought Sipura but the firmware for these two devices will not be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Did Cisco not buy Sipura?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Cisco own both Linksys and Sipura.

Advertisement