Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 going back to the desktop while playing

Options
  • 26-10-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

after installation of latest bf2 patch 1.03 this happens a lot. for no reason game goes to desktop . no errors or problems with other games

drives me mad

anybody having similar problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nope, hardware conflict maybe? Sorry not much help here...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

happened to be now and again...
    Make sure all other programs are closed - you may have to shut down any virus checker software too.
    What usually got me was Norton with a popup saying it had downloaded new virus definitions or it was running a timed scan.

Oh, and avoid pressing Alt+Tab or Alt+F4 (I doubt this is your prob), but I've seen some people type in "press Alt + F4 to unlock your new weapon!!!" in the chat section... within seconds, a flood of n00bs are seen disconnecting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

it happens every so often to me ..

usually only at the start of map loading just when I enter into the game ... no idea of any fix ... but it might happen once every few days .. its not that big a deal for me .... still annoying though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You are not alone. It happens to me randomly, maybe once a week, but not usually any more severe then that. Still annoying though, especially considering it takes a small while to get back into the game.

Recently I uninstalled, reinstalled and re patched the game because I thought my game was gone screwy.

Turns out it was a world wide punkbuster problem :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

It happens to me everytime Im about to join any server...I was playing away on a german server for nearly two weeks without problems ..then it started happening again...Getting a computer genius friend to take a look into it at the weekend.Its happening to players of world of war craft also...its all over their forums.And its strange how its nvidia card owners only this is happening to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

had the same problem a week ago. about 20 times in one night. dont have norton on my machine anymore so it cant be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

You are not alone. It happens to me randomly, maybe once a week, but not usually any more severe then that. Still annoying though, especially considering it takes a small while to get back into the game.

Recently I uninstalled, reinstalled and re patched the game because I thought my game was gone screwy.

Welcome back MI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

welcome back :D

yeah i get that problem every so often, i just tend to ignore it, as it never happens more than once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thank you chaps its spiffing to be back in the game

Advertisement