Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Numbers Lost

• 26-10-2005 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is right forum but here goes. My recently bought Nokia 6101 was damaged by a car driving over it (don't ask) anyway I retrieved the Sim and thought my numbers also only to discover that when I was buying the phone all my numbers had been saved to phone memory. Now I have the phone but display is damaged and even though we have tried to do a copy from phone to sim it did not work. Does anyone have any ideas how I might get the numbers from the phone memory ,thats if they are still intact???

I would appreciate any helpful comments, thanks.

gernon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What happened when you tried to save to sim (i.e. Error message?)
    Try phone-to-computer?
    Can you get a cable, or does the phone have bluetooth built-in?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Defo fone to computer sounds like the best (only) option.

Though if fone was Crossed by a car the port for the cable may be damaged.

Bluetooth may be the best option

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

thanks guys, not sure what happened with transfer , girl in Carphone warehouse took it inside and simply tried to copy the menu from a similar phone but she said it did not seem to work. Comp. connection might be an option ok but can it be done without the phone display working?

gernon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

There is a sim card box thingy in the argos book. Basically you can take your sim card from your phone and place it in this "box" and it records your numbers and saves them. You can then out in a new sim card and transfer the numbers on to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

gernon wrote:
    thanks guys, not sure what happened with transfer , girl in Carphone warehouse took it inside and simply tried to copy the menu from a similar phone but she said it did not seem to work. Comp. connection might be an option ok but can it be done without the phone display working?

gernon

sure.. it may be a bit awkward if you're pairing/transferring with bluetooth (i.e. Knowing when you have to input something-but you can assume that after the computer waits/hangs for a few seconds that input is required) - perhaps ask the helpful girl to do it? or to connect another phone (And work out when/what needs to be done)? Cable would presumably be an easier option (I've never bothered though)
    Are the ports in tact?

As for the SIM reader suggestion: The problem,as per the OP is that the data required is on the phone, and not the sim... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Hi Karoma, the ports look ok but can't be sure until we try. Have to find a cable first not sure if Car ph.W stocks them. 6101 does not have bluetooth so thats out.

thanks gernon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Get a cable on the net, much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i have a dku-2 cable ill give you for a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

never mind. you need a dku-5

Advertisement