Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headroom

Options
  • 26-10-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about buying my first car. I want something small with a small engine (1l or 1.2l). preferably 5dr (not essential). I'm willing to spend up to €5k on it. The only thing is I'm very tall (over 6ft 6") and I'll need something with plenty of headroom. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ariel Atom !!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nissan Micra seems to have decent headroom - I'm 6'4" and never felt I was in danger of brushing my hair!

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm 6ft4 and had a Opel Corsa for years, no probs. Shop around and take a few different cars for test drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

I'm around 6'5 and have never had trouble in my Hyundai Accent, yet I've had trouble in a Nissan X-Trail. I've also heard that Seat Ibiza are good for headroom, though I've never been in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Headroom and visibility for tall drivers in the renault clio is kak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks for those replies. Anyone know what the headroom is like in the punto?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Nissan Micra seems to have decent headroom

Yeah the Micra has loads of headroom
    chalky wrote:
    Anyone know what the headroom is like in the punto?

Pretty decent, you should have no probs, but try it out first

Other tip: go for a car without a sunroof...

Advertisement