Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD's and macrovision

• 25-12-1999 9:18pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Before I had my gear (Diamond V550 TNT and Hitachi GD-2000 drive) set up and it played DVDs grand.

Low and behold, slap in my lovely new copy of The Matrix and it gives me grief about macrovision not being installed. I know this is to stop me bootleging onto VHS but I cant for the life of me figure out why I'm getting this message apart from some not-out-of-the-ordinary upgrades. DX7a, newest (dec 16th) diamond drivers.

Any clues gents?

Regards,
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Try re-installing the card and the DVD software, player etc.
    Also check the Device Manager, (start/settings/control panel/system/device manager)
    Make sure there are no "other devices" or "Unknown Devices", also check for conflicts...
    JUST REINSTALL EVERYTHING!
    Usualy does the trick for things like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Cheers for the help Santa (irony given the day smile.gif )

Reinstalled forking EVERYTHING and eventually after many reboots she went and I sat down to watch The Matrix...YEAHHHHHHHH

Regards,
    Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

just another thing about that particular disk...

i notice that when you access the menus, the sound seems to have a crackle on it, the rest of the disk (ie the film itself) is as clear as a bell.

anyone else encountered this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Can't say I have, simply because I don't have a DVD Drive! smile.gif
    I'm not too sure about the technology, how long will the DVD drives take to wear out?
    I saw a DVD they were showing in PEATS was skipping like mad.
    Don't fancy buying a new DVD drive every year... sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

thats the dvd i reckon smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement