Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auto save field box.

• 19-09-2001 10:25pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In "Dial-up networking"
    My "save password" and "auto connect" boxes are shadded grey, anyone know how I can enable them so I can put the ticks in them, thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Probably not logged in are you?
    did you press "cancel" instead of "ok" at your login screen....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nope, that box didn't even come up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Add a user then, Control Panel, Users, uh, I'm sure you can find your way from there. (No win9x box near me - thank god.)

You can get a copy of TweakUI or, eh, I think it's called PowerToys to get you to logon automatically so you don't have to bother with the logon dialog.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nope, that didn't work :/, any other sujjestions anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OJ

Silly as this sounds it has something to do with the networking setup on your machine.

I'm assuming you have users setup on your machine. (Ie. you must logon to the machine.)

Go to the networking control panel, and install an adaptor (doesnt matter), make sure you nhave client for ms networks, and tcpip installed.

Setup machine as if in a workgroup. (If unsure how, reply with O/S details )

Now when you create a dial up connection while logged in as you, the boxes should be enabled.

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭djmagra

Client for Microsoft Networks is usually the culprit here, although (re)installing it doesn't always do the trick. if it's not installed, stick it in, or if it is, remove i, re-boot and then re-install.

Another quick one to do would be to do a search for *.pwl files (Password List Files) and delete these. All as this will do is clear the saved passwords on your machine and ask you to enter them in again. That may also work.

Advertisement