Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav for Ireland?

• 26-10-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good stand alone sat nav (GPS) system (Not linked to PDA). I am looking at the Medion one and also the NavMan iCN510 as they seem to be the cheapest but wonder which has the best map coverage for Ireland.
    Your thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

From what I'm told the Garmin is the best one for Ireland coverage - and it comes pre-loaded out of the box in most cases.

Places like Halfords or Maplin sell them ... though I'm sure you'll get them MUCH cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Garmin does offer the best coverage but I think others are due to follow soon. About 17 major towns and cities are mapped and all other towns appear as a dot also all main routes are mapped

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Does it matter what model Garmin?

My personal favourite would be the IQUE M3 http://www.garmin.com/products/iQueM3/ I don't think it is available here yet but it can't be far away. The price seems resonable also probably expect E600 and you also have a PDA also

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Most of the products available at the moment will have exactly the same maps / coverage , albeit they will be presented in a different way / format . They nearly all get their maps from Mapquest .

I am using a Navman Icn620 at the moment but have used others , its really a matter style and price .

Halfords have a nice Garmin @ the moment and it's sub 600 Euro's ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Seen this in Maplin yesterday. Very neat and small. Has anyone tried it and what id the coverage like. Its only 299 euro

http://www.garmin.com/products/spi3/

that looks pretty cool it's a very good price too. You can probably find it a little bit cheaper but probably not worth the fuss of searching

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Thanks for the posts but has anyone used the medion sat nav system ( not the PDA one)?

Advertisement