Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Dean in ecw

• 26-10-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I was just looking at one of my ecw videos and relised how good of a wrestler simon dean(Nova in ecw)really is. If u ask me the wwe r wasting him they should bring back nova and all those high flying manuvers he used to do.another thing the wwe r wasting all of rvd talent aswell they should bring back the hardcore championship and give it to rvd.
    EC
    FN
    W
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Totally agree. Bucci is just a jobber with the same basic moveset every week. As Nova he was a fresh talent with a superb moveset. He wasted at the minute. He should be pushing the US title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I also completely agree. Why waste a talent like that? I dont see why WWE insists on restricting the moves its talent are allowed to do. Fair enough, people will be irritated if they see the same moves in every match. But people also get irritated every time Simon Dean comes out for a match cos they know they're gonna see the same set of basic, unentertaining moves. People also know that he's gonna lose every time - HAS SIMON DEAN EVER WON A MATCH IN WWE? I cant remember one.

I also have this issue with Rey Mysterio - why is Rey only allowed use the exact same moves every week? Would it not make more sense for Rey to be allowed to mix up his offense and come up with some new innovative manouvers. Im sick of seing the heel get tripped up and end up lying on the second rope. - it just makes Rey less entertaining. If you look at some of Rey's ECW matchs, you'll see that he is far more entertaining in the ring than he is in WWE. I dont know if any of you agree with me on this issue (Rey Mysterio's utilisation)? Let me know what you think.

The amount of talent WWE are underutilising (verging on wasting) is unbelievable. A classic example of this is Eugene/Nick Dinsmore. In OVW, Dinsmore was a polished, technical wrestler of great quality. In WWE, he looks like a complete clown who can only do basic moves in an unco-ordinated way, and the Eugene character is not even entertaining any more (personally, I never thought it was). Other examples are the Basham Brothers - At least they've been split up and might get a chance to show some of their abilities. Theres also London, Kendrick, Birchall - the list goes on and on of people who have not been given a platform to showcase their full ability! Im sure you can all think of others.
    Hopefully things will change for Nova and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw a cool clip of Nova in ECW doing a move on three guys at the same time. Anyone know what thatclip was from?

It wasnt the Tidal Wave was it? It might have looked like he was doing it on three but it's actually a double team. Only thing I can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nope, definately one move on 3 guys! It was like a stunner on one, a ddt on another guy, and a leg drop on the lad on the ground. Not sure what event it was from

I was a big fan of Nova, I'm still a fan of Simon Dean, I don't find him that bad in the ring, although I know he can do better. What I really love is when he's on the mic though! He had a great segment on Velocity a couple of weeks ago, and he had a clip on WWE.com not too long ago that I thought was hilarious

I just don't get the deal with the Sedgway though..shouldn't he be the last guy on the roster using one of those yokes?..

• Advertisement

Simon Dean is one of the things I look forward to on Smackdown/velocity. It pains me though that he should be doing a lot better. He's solid in every aspect of the ring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I was really big fan of him in ecw with chetti and especailly him as nasty nova in early 2001.

Advertisement