Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Fox in Garden

• 26-10-2005 2:30pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bf has just informed me via msn that a fox which has been regularly visiting our communal back yard (we rent a flat in a renovated georgian house) is lying dead from an unknown cause :( R.I.P... Does anyone know what the procedure is on disposing of it, the landlord is not around at the moment and it has to be some kind of health hazard... Should we call in the council like in roadkill situations or is it up to ourselves to pick it up and go bury it??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Grill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

make a scarf out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Right, before any more spamming is done this is being moved to Animal/Pet Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Aww poor little fella.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You people are despicable :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I don't know the procedure, but it could've been knocked down as the unknown cause of death. On thursday just gone I was training, going past St.Benildus College we saw a fox run out onto the road in front of a Merc C-Class moving at about 30-40 mph, and it got up after bouncing about 50 metres down the road, we reckon it died a short while later

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

lazygit wrote:

SIZE> small | medium | large

Dead bird being tested for flu in Wicklow
    26/10/2005 - 07:35:04

A cygnet found dead in Co Wicklow is being tested for bird flu.

It is also believed that a number of dead swans and foxes have been discovered in the Kilcoole area in recent days, but as yet there is no evidence that the bird flu has reached our shores.

Meanwhile, EU officials have decided to temporarily ban imports of live birds into Europe in an effort to prevent the spread of avian flu.

It comes after the deadly virus was found in a parrot held in quarantine in the UK and 12 dead geese were found in Germany yesterday evening.

They are being tested to see if they are carrying a strain of the bird flu, while in Indonesia yesterday a fourth person was confirmed to have died from the deadly human strain.

aS LAZY gIT pointed out teh article above

I wouldnt touch it with 10 foot poll call in teh military to remove it - tanks and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Consider this a warning.I will not tolerate animal cruelty here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

As above^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You're no longer in AH lads, quit spamming useless replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Not too much to it really. Dig a hole in the back garden and bury it, or call your local vet and ask where do they send animals they put to sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Go to your local vets and get one of the bags they use for cremating the deceased animals, then go home and bag it and bring it back up to the vet and they'll take care of it.

OK... Went home from work yesterday waiting to see this pathetic corps in my garden, and there it was.... Grooming itself :rolleyes: I just hope my bf isnt around when they're about to pull the plug on me... Or even let him near the plug for that matter :eek:

No the fox wasnt dead, it was very much alive... call it a "misdiagnosis" of sorts... Just as well he didnt go out with his black bag and shovel... probably would have took the leg off him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tezcat

:)
    a story that ends well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Thats good news !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Heh! He is not dead but sleepeth...

luckat wrote:
    Heh! He is not dead but sleepeth...
    Aye :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Foxes (or is it Fox's?) are resiliant creatures then, I'm sure there was reason for it looking dead

• Advertisement
Advertisement