Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration plates

Options
  • 26-10-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin makes registration plates. How long does it take? How much does it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ciaran007

Most motor factors (consort etc) make no. plates, they usually do it on the spot and charge 8-10 euros per plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

where are you based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I'm based in Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Oh right,

I know a handy, quiet place near the red cow. But it is obviously no use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Go to a car dealer, or if you know someone who works in a dealer ask them to get some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

how much (if u can do it) would it cost to get ur no. plate in bold or italics or sumthing seen as ireland doesnt allow personal plates (b*stards)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

wba88 wrote:
    how much (if u can do it) would it cost to get ur no. plate in bold or italics or sumthing seen as ireland doesnt allow personal plates (b*stards)
    It doesn't allow that either.

http://www.fancyplates.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Yep dont bother with italics or anything fancy,the gards will pull you as soon as they see you with them on and give you more hassle than there worth

Halfords are the cheapest(shock) around that ive found 5e each or 6.50 fitted if you really havnt got a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭alanlouthzzr

Ashgrove Interparts on Kill Ave. will be able to make plates for you on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

eireal wrote:
    Yep dont bother with italics or anything fancy,the gards will pull you as soon as they see you with them on and give you more hassle than there worth

Halfords are the cheapest(shock) around that ive found 5e each or 6.50 fitted if you really havnt got a clue!

Beware, fitted means they use double-sided sticky pads to stick it to your bumper, so you really need to have no clue at all to ask them to do it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

In my case "fitted" meant paying an extra fiver for to get the plastic number plate attached in a random orientation to the plastic bumper with a pair of self tapping screws. OK, not quite random, but it's about an inch higher than it should be and half out of the recess on the bumper where any sane person would have put it. Should have done it myself. Naive.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Someone mentioned going to a dealer - I don't know any dealers than make reg plates - they outsource them all!

Advertisement