Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bennigans

• 26-10-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

So, there I was exploring the cinema 'wing' of Dundrum Centre, and I came upon a Bennigans restaurant being fitted out. I was delighted, cos I'm a big steak house fan, and proper steak houses, not themed like the likes of the Spur / TGI's places.

However, never been in Bennigans anywhere, so just wondering what kind of prices are their steaks, and are they really good? Shanahans is the only proper steak grill in town, but its so pricey its all a bit pointless.

Will Bennigans be a good addition, or is it another naff kind of place????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mollser wrote:
    So, there I was exploring the cinema 'wing' of Dundrum Centre, and I came upon a Bennigans restaurant being fitted out. I was delighted, cos I'm a big steak house fan, and proper steak houses, not themed like the likes of the Spur / TGI's places.

However, never been in Bennigans anywhere, so just wondering what kind of prices are their steaks, and are they really good? Shanahans is the only proper steak grill in town, but its so pricey its all a bit pointless.

Will Bennigans be a good addition, or is it another naff kind of place????
    I dont think you can have Shanahans and Bennigans in the same thread tbh :rolleyes:
    I think I was in a Bennigans in Sheffield a while back... if it was, it was very similar to TGI Friday.
    In other words, terrible food and terrible value.
    I always doubt these US/UK chains tbh.

FX Buckley (FXB) is apparently a good steakhouse in Dublin.

[Edit - nope, I wasnt in a Benigans. No outlets in the UK. There's one in Mahon Point, Cork apparently. Anyone go there?]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Let's just say that Bennigan's in the states is okay (if this is the same Bennigan's chain you're talking about) but nothing to look forward to. They are not known for steak. They are more like a TGI Friday's. I won't eat there unless there is no other choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lizbeth

Bennigans in the states is an Irish themed restaurant/bar and is similar to Chili's and TGIFridays. Items like "THE BIG IRISH 1-POUND BURGER" (Two juicy, 8-ounce patties perfectly grilled and served with two slices of melted American cheese and an extra bun.) I used to go eat there with the Irish ex-bf, he'd get a laugh out of all the paddy stuff. The waitresses used to get a kick out of his accent, even had one bring people over to show them "the real irish guy".
    It might be interesting to see how Bennigans works out over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I assume we are talking about this lot...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thats the place alright, was in it a couple of times in the states, nothing special but decent enough, they tend to try and do good quality meats with decent sauces and take the food seriously, would say it is a step up from tgi fridays, as they have a better selection but about 10 steps down from shanahans, will definitely give it a try when they open..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mollser

must say that i do like tgi's, they do a savage burger, albeit a very expensive one. I forgot about FXB's, but didn't think it was great when i was there a few years ago.

i won't get too excited about bennigans so, but will defo try it out. Its in a very odd place in Dundrum, won't get too many people casually strolling by as its kind of up and stuck in the middle of escalators, but i look forward to giving it a try none the less.

Cheers!

Advertisement