Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain

Options
  • 26-10-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all, haven't posted in a while i know.

Just interested to know how people will be celebrating the new year/ marking the night itself, or any beliefs people have regarding this time of year.

I'll be in the city so fire is a no-no, both cause of the law and cause our neighbours would finally have an excuse to have us evicted.

There will be much celebration as there'll be 30-odd people on different paths (or bereft of any) in the house, WOO!

Aside from some prayer and meditation and a little ritual involving the ability to create fire, and its importance at this time of year that i happened accross once, and rememberance of those passed from this existance, i don't tink it'll be a huge thing..

Also on a completely unrelated note, is anyone aware of the symbolism attached to a heptagram (7-sided star) just curious as i seem to be seing it a lot lateley....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

On Saturday I will be at the Partay that Talliesin has so kindly arranged and on Wednesday, which is Lunar Samhain I will be attending the ceremony Druidschool is hosting, which there is an annoucment about, it seems.

All in all, celebrations go leor!

Oh, and Happy Celtic New Year to you all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

This was the first Samhain since I separated from my ex-wife and hence missed the Trick-or-Treating with my kids. I also missed a ritual I had planned to attend on Friday due to work pressures.

I did of course attend the party on Saturday (more on that in its own threads).

I had a quiet Samhain evening at home. My dining companion is not Pagan, but we did set an extra place at supper which is a Samhain tradition common in the Pagan community, but also well-known among the general population (in my [Catholic] family we would do it on a year when someone in the family had passed, though I do it every year) and shared our wine and creamy desert with the Sidhe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I didn't really do anything. I didn't know what to do. I'm pretty lost on my path ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I had a pretty rough Shamian this year iwth the passing of my grandmother and other stuff happening in my life.
    I still took time to light a few candles and remeber those who have also passed
    on and who are missed.

Advertisement