Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7euro for a aldi brand smirnoff ice in passion nightclub!

Options
  • 26-10-2005 4:34pm

twas a disgrace!they advertise it as smirnoff ice on pricing list as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Did you complain to them? And more importantly did you complain to the authorities? Hell im sure Aldi would have a thing or two to say about them reselling their stuff at inflated prices.

Next time bring your own Aldi alcohol. You will not stand out if they sell the stuff too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Did you do anything about it? Refuse to pay?, ask for an explanation? inform smirnoff's marketing dept? etc...

i used to work there and complained to barman!he gave it to me free to keep me quiet!i was talking to the boss and he was like they are drunk!theyll buy anything!greedy bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Then it wasn't advertised at all. Not sure but they don't have to show the price for all drinks on the standard bar price list do they?
    He can sell anything like that in his bar regardless of where it came from once they duty has been paid. Stupid customers are responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Surely he asked for Smirnoff Ice and got this instead? Like asking for a Lotus and getting a Lada for the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Kahless wrote:
    Surely he asked for Smirnoff Ice and got this instead? Like asking for a Lotus and getting a Lada for the same price.

But you are an idiot if you pay the money as if it is a Lotus and don't notice. After working in a bar that didn't stock Guinness products people who had been there all night would ask for Guinness and insist they had been drinking it all night. Some people are plain stupid before they start drinking and you know what they say about fools and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

hold on.....7euro for a smirnoff ice.....WHAT THE ****?????????!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My sentiments exactly!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

ferdi wrote:
    hold on.....7euro for a smirnoff ice.....WHAT THE ****?????????!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Anyone who pays this deserves to be ripped off.

Advertisement