Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Commission LLU response

Options
  • 26-10-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I sent a message to the DG of Info/Media at the European Commission wondering if they could do anything to force Eircom into LLU to allow number portability to Smart.

I appreciate that most of the people in this forum have been active in this area for a long time - so there may not be anything new for you in the reply I got today.

The reply they sent me is attached - from reading it, they understand the problem, but all the responsibility is with ComReg. They hinted that ComReg are in a position to take 'direct regulatory action'. But when I talked to ComReg a few weeks ago, they said 'wait and see'.

Does anyone know what ComReg are doing at the moment? Are there any court cases under way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

We spoke with George while he was in Dublin.

We highlighted several issues to him, some of which he was genuinely suprised at.

It would appear that a lot of what we (and others) told him was new and had never been broached by ComReg.

We have kept in touch with him.

John

Advertisement