Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic Parts - HELP! only 2 weeks till doomday!

Options
  • 26-10-2005 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i had a knock on my front bumper, smashing my front right light and front bumper. My cars up for an NCT next month, so im in a rush :/

So i need a replacement front bumper for my mark5 civic
    02.honda.civicsi.r34.500.jpg

The problem is, i dont want to pay though the nose for a real honda bumper, also i kind like modest body kits. Ive been looking around the internet and i can only find one kit that i like the look of..
    THIS ONE!
    Minus the silly gfx of course :P

Does anyone know where i can find a wings west dealer in ireland? I have no problems driving up north (im in dublin) to collect it..

Can anyone help me find another bodykit/front spoiler for my civic?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I may be able to help you out there sonny with a new one cheap.

For new models of the civic i'd check the scrappers first though.

Questions ::

Engine Size?
    Vtec? (I think thats what that sticker says).
    what year to be exact?

I'll need to get the chassis number off you to confirm.

Oh and all the cool kids with Civics get front lips with a coupe bumper not kits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

standard 2002 1.4 se (nm my engine mods :D) not a vtec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You'd probably pay more for a wingswest bumper than an oem from honda - There VERY expensive!
    I also *think* wingswest closed down before the start of the year........

With the above bumper risk that it will look out of proportion to the rest of the car if its not very suttle.

You have the option of fitting a type R lip but the lip alone will cost about 150(its also plastic)+ the cost of your standard bumper + spraying + fitting

Does it have to be a plastic bumper or do you mind fibreglass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i dont mind fibreglass, but its right under the 'H' in the centre of the upper half of the bumper, right down to the licence plate, and the grips popped on it aswell, the bumper is hangin on just tight enough to drive, but not tight enough, i have to get a new front bumper!

I have found the kit i want located here, I think its a respectable kit, not too extreme(its still a tad too extreme for me tho), well rounded and matches most of the OEM body (imo)...

Im in the process of finding a dealer for them in the uk/ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

That is nice alright, not extreme. I'll get on my peoples for a quote on the norm for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement