Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL

• 26-10-2005 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Whats everyone's opinion of Digiweb's DSL? I dont see any complaints about it so can I assume its worth it?

Im thinking of going for their basic package, 1mb/128k for 29.99pm, it seems cheaper than eircom who go up to 42euro for there basic pack after March. It seems like its one of the few options I have here in Kilcock, parents dont really seem to want me to change the phone service over to anyone else, and there's no wireless (at least no cheap wireless), so should I go for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i've been checking out here for a while and they seem good enough on the normal DSL package. i live just down the road near donadea and i'm going for the 2mb package and it seems fine, there doesn't seem to be much else better out there, if you can get NTL go with that. maybe check out BT aswell, i'm not sure what exactly their price is for those speeds, but it might be a tiny bit cheaper (although BT's billing dept. seems to be a shambles). but anyway, if you can't get NTL, or it's too expensive, then i'd say go for digiweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

NTL's not available in kilcock at all, bt are 15euro for first four months and then 30euro after that, they are available in Kilcock, Imagine are cheapest at 19.99 a month always on, but no one seems to trust them, plus i think you have to transfer the phoneline and everything to them but im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm pretty annoyed with Digiweb because I'm paying 38.99 for a package that everyone else is payin 28.99 for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kelt0r

Heh,

I was just on the digiweb website and it seems I can get wireless broadband in Monaghan. Would this be any good for gaming?

I am currently with ildana broadband (wireless) but they never told me it was sattelite broadband converted into wireless and I cannot game at all on it.

Im just wondering with digiweb wireless will I be able to play games online? If anyone knows please reply.

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Have had the 1mb dsl for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. the high contention ratio hasn't really affected so far. Anytime i've tested it i've been getting a download speed of about 850-875kbps. This seems to remain pretty constant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Been on Digiweg DSL 1meg for over a year - no complaints. Will probably change to Metro as I'm sick of waiting for Smart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

fade2black wrote:
    I'm pretty annoyed with Digiweb because I'm paying 38.99 for a package that everyone else is payin 28.99 for.

I'm in the same boat, But when I rang I was reminded that I got free install and 4 months free. Thats when I Said thank you Bye.

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I thnk you gave up too easy there....the new package offers free installation too and well...if we're paying ten bucks more than everyone else then it wasn't exactly (what i got) months free was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I have had 3meg DSL from digiweb for ages and never had any problems
    its on the ball 24/7 and i must say I download a lot. Still moving to metro
    gotta get a better upload speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

fade2black wrote:

Well - that might be .... however if you're free of your contract you can change it over to the new, lower prices without any extra charge. Only catch is you sign up for a new 6 month contract period ... but that's OK I guess to save €10 a month (you'll get a few pints for that m8's):D

And the speed is OK - I'm on the 2Mb deal and I get 1,75Mb @ irishisptest.com and a steady dl of 210KB/s. Only complaint is the UL speed - it comes around 80Kb @ irishisptest.com.

They also reply pretty fast to any email queries I've send .... so I'll say "OK" to Digiweb.

Well - that's my 2 cents worth .... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Good, all sounds good. In your experience how long did it take to get it all up and running?

Also does anyone know anything about Imagine's always on 19.99 deal? I think I read something about hidden charges somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Sorry I strayed of track
    I've had digiweb for a year now, great service
    Ordered on Monday got Router on Friday and was up and running

Dec

Advertisement