Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE to US mobiles

• 26-10-2005 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I currently live in Dublin and I think I'm going to get a new mobile phone but, I'm moving back to seattle in 8 months. Hence this is going to affect my spending on a new phone. There is a nice 160 euro one that I really like.

The Siemens sl65

Now, I'm wondering how hard it is to take my phone from o2 and move it onto an american network, if the phone is unlocked...

possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well you'll be grand if the phone is triband and unlocked so make sure it is before you buy it.Ask the assistant in the shop if it is,Or look online.If you with 02 at the moment try their site.Most phones are triband now anyway but make sure first.

Should be.
    I've had my siemens phone roaming in the states and no problems.
    most if not all phones nowadys here are tri band so they will work in the U.S.

I'm not sure will they accept a U.S sim, but surely they will,if they will roam over there when they have an Irish sim in them.

The siemens models available in the states seem to be different to here though.
    An email to cingular or verizon should get you an answer especially when you say you want to be a customer

http://www.benqmobile.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,hq_en_0_109595_rArNrNrNrN,00.html

thats a link to the U.S model siemens phones by the way.

Incidently, a word of warning,in my opinion siemens phones may look good but they dont tough nokia in terms of reliability or battery life.

Advertisement