Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB on the Southside

• 26-10-2005 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

Its still pretty vague as to where about you can get NTL BB on the Southside of Dublin.

Any chances people would post up their location in Dublin if they have NTL BB..

Please stick to the topic..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Loughlinstown. Only upgraded 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭sobberandclean

2meg tallaght village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭sobberandclean

2meg tallaght village ntl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Temple Bar (Porterhouse side).

My parents also have it in Ballsbridge (Merrion centre end)

Brother has it on (near) Navan road too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I have had it in Tallaght (west) for a few years now, but a mate just 400meters down the road was unable to get it a few months ago. Could have changed by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

3meg line Crumlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

3MEG in Sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭trent

ntl BB not available in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dublin 12, have had it since the start of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Have it in Cabinteely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

3 Meg in Old Bawn, Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

1MB in Lucan for a couple of years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Not available in Inchicore Dublin 8. May be available in some parts of Christchurch/Kilmainham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

1MB in Lucan for the lsat few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LebonIRL

1MB in Kingswood Tallaght for more than a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've just checked Pearse St with them and still NOT available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Leopardstown is not available..

Someone told me that either The Gallops or Galloping Green is enabled though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 faustian

1800 234 234 - call them and ask?

Reading from previous posts and information on ntl, I thought that the whole reason they don't like announcing the areas they've upgraded are purely because it allows competitors (eircon et al) to target those areas and harm their investment? I'm also sure that if they announced their full coverage footprint that every voip operator in Ireland would be targeting those areas before they launch a service of their own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Dave wrote:
    1MB in Lucan for the lsat few months.
    Why only 1 meg in Lucan ? Is it not 2meg standard if ya have NTL BB ?

It's 1, 2, and 3 for 25, 35 (I think) and 45

Still don't think they'd appreciate this thread giving full locations available...

• Advertisement

faustian wrote:
    Still don't think they'd appreciate this thread giving full locations available...

So what? Do you work for NTL? We're consumers and have a right to discuss there service/company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

faustian wrote:
    It's 1, 2, and 3 for 25, 35 (I think) and 45

why, the only thing i can see us discussing this is broadcasting that one of the best services in ireland is available in these areas and that if you live in one of these areas you can avail of a great service with a competitive price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

Leopardstwown (Leopardstown Valley) 3 Meg.

Cremo wrote:
    why, the only thing i can see us discussing this is broadcasting that one of the best services in ireland is available in these areas and that if you live in one of these areas you can avail of a great service with a competitive price
    I agree, I've been using NTL BB since it launched. I can't fault them. Great service.

True, and how I wish they'd come to my area in Dundrum :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

machalla wrote:
    Not available in Inchicore Dublin 8. May be available in some parts of Christchurch/Kilmainham.

Its not available in Kilmainham have asked them a couple of times but I did see advertisments for it on the SCR near James Hospital some time ago so its close! I think we were some of the earliest areas connected up to cable so it maybe that we require to the biggest investment to get us online so we will probably be waiting a while more:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Leopardstown is not available..

Someone told me that either The Gallops or Galloping Green is enabled though.

The Gallops is. Sandyford seems to be covered + Cabinteely. Strange that Leopardstown is not covered, but that's the luck of the cable loops I suppose.

NTL's BB coverage of Dublin SE is pathetic, but one would guess that's where they started the network so it will probably be the last to be upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

3MB in Lucan

Advertisement