Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in a Chuck Taylor firearms course

Options
  • 26-10-2005 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Would any handgunners be interested in attending a 2 day pistol course in switzerland or possibly in Ireland ( all going well )

by one of Chuck Taylor's Instructors checkout chucktaylorasaa.com for details.

Give me a shout if interested

Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Looks interesting, but I'm not entirely sure how this sort of training fits into the Irish situation.
    As we all know, 'self defence' and 'concealed carry' are bad ju-ju when it comes to firearms here, particularly within earshot of the lads in the blue suits or the DOJ.

I have no doubt that this outfit are highly professional and expert in their field, but I have a horrible feeling that presenting my Super with such a qualification as part of a pistol licence application would fast track my paperwork to the bin (or a 'special' file :eek: ) and would lead to my other licence renewals getting more scrutiny than they ordinarily would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Babble

There is still a lot of useful techniques and methodology and theory to be gained even if its not practical in self defense terms. Draw and holstering techniques are still useful in IPSC matches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

the problem is getting the licence over here first it might be something for people that have already got one assuming they havn't taken a course

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

What type of course, cotent etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

You want to explain to your Super that you want to shoot at targets, not that your qualified to take a room with 4 "bad guys" in it holding a hostage at gun point while crashing through the window suspended by rope attached to a helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Riggser wrote:
    You want to explain to your Super that you want to shoot at targets, not that your qualified to take a room with 4 "bad guys" in it holding a hostage at gun point while crashing through the window suspended by rope attached to a helicopter.

Hmmm maybe we should send the Gaurds and ERU on it.!!! It sounds like they could learn somthing about IDing and neutralising the correct target and not their own ala Athy and a bank raid[forget where] they managed to shoot one of their own.:rolleyes: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

ERU = Every Round Used

Advertisement