Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shearer 'done' by Grimsby capt.

• 26-10-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

He's not a happy bunny, just been interviewed on sky, thick lip and all :D

To be fair, he WAS done, blatantly. Shearer had caught him earlier with an elbow, but Whittle gave him a great fore-arm smash........ref. did nothing, he was 10 yards away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

No he deserved it, he's putting on so much weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sandals wrote:
    No he deserved it, he's putting on so much weight.

Eh...ok. Damn those fat people!

Have you a link? *Waits for Eirebhoy to reply*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Utv - 11.00. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Oi eirebhoy, thats cheating! Or plagarism. Or both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eirebhoy wrote:
    Utv - 11.00. :)
    what?
    You've got your own programme now?
    No surprises really.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Sky news all night probably......;0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If it was anyone else but Shearer I would have said send the other guy off. He's hardly in a position to complain, he's made a career out of that " I use my elbows to help me jump" routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

How dare he? That's Shearer's trademark:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Cant wait to see this :D. Karma. Karma. Karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

whiskeyman wrote:
    what?
    You've got your own programme now?
    No surprises really.... :D

lmfao!

shearer got a right wallop. but more than a little part of me was a little smug. shearer has given it over the years, its nice to see him taking it for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just seen it now.............. He deserved it

I have never liked him as he was the one that always got away with things like that........... about time someone did it to him

And when it happens to him he moans and complains. He wants the FA to do something about it now just cos it happened to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gkelly2002 wrote:
    Just seen it now.............. He deserved it

I have never liked him as he was the one that always got away with things like that........... about time someone did it to him

And when it happens to him he moans and complains. He wants the FA to do something about it now just cos it happened to him

Yeah he should cast his mind back to a stamping incident just before a WC(iirc) some years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Stekelly wrote:
    Yeah he should cast his mind back to a stamping incident just before a WC(iirc) some years ago.

was that against leicester? i can remember shearer getting away with murder one year,im nearly sure he kicked a leicester player when h e was on the gorund.

Stekelly wrote:

Yeah i remember that,.................what did he say...oh yeah if they banned him for the incident he would not play in the WC for Eng

Very childish...............but for years he has been getting away with all that.

When i went to see Man Utd vs Newcastle last season i was right behind the goal and he was up to his old tricks even when the ball was nowhere near him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So punching a person in a game is now acceptable? Pathetic :rolleyes:

Maybe ye should actually see the incident first, then comment.

Whittle should have walked, no question about it. Shearers 'led' with his elbow, no malicous intent, and he barely hit Whittle, while the revenge was full of intent.

Video evidence will prove him guilty.

gimmick wrote:
    So punching a person in a game is now acceptable? Pathetic :rolleyes:

Maybe ye should actually see the incident first, then comment.

Whittle should have walked, no question about it. Shearers 'led' with his elbow, no malicous intent, and he barely hit Whittle, while the revenge was full of intent.

Video evidence will prove him guilty.

Im not saying punching someone is acceptable................

I have seen both incidents and yes Whittle should have walked for the challenge..... i was surprised the ref did not see it as it was right in front of him.

I just had a little laugh to myself when it happened to him as he did it for years and he is just one player i cannot stand.............but as stated above Whittle should have walked no doubt about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have we got a vid clip? Latestgoals.net is having problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I suppose after his little spat with Neil Lennon prior to the 98 world cup, the wheel has turned.

As the old saying goes..."What goes around, comes around"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watched the highlights show last night and although the referee should have given a red card i thought it was great. Shearer finally getting what he deserves. he has been doing it for years and now that its happened to him he is angry. boo ****ing hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

what goes around comes around

Advertisement