Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic 5-0 Motherwell

• 26-10-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Great result for the Bhoys tonite,super Stan Petrov bags a hat-rick and also the huns dropping 2 points,a good nite all round methinks :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good result all right. Maybe they are finally starting to take to Strachans management style. Great to see Petrov scoring a hat-trick because I think he is a very good player who could easily play at a higher standard than the SPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Petrov was excellent but my man of the match was Nakamura. He was all over the pitch and everything was going through him. The holding midfielder is the player your teammates usually pass to most but tonight everyone just gave it to Naka. Without him we wouldn't have performed half as well. As for his free kick, what can I say. Outstanding. Its amazing how a Celtic player can play like that yet won't get MOTM in most reports. I'm over the moon tonight. :)

Sutton deserved a goal, played excellent. Lennon's best performance in bloody years. :eek:

I'll post up Nakamura's free kick when I get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Eirebhoy where did you get to see the game as it wasn't on Setanta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Strachan called Petrov "world class" after the Killie game and told people to be patient with Nakamura. Shows how much he knows his players now. Hopefully they can continue to perform like this for the season

jonny68 wrote:
    Eirebhoy where did you get to see the game as it wasn't on Setanta?
    Channel 67. €13 a month for all 1st team games, repeats of reserves games, press conferences and a load of other programme's.

http://www.celticfc.net/channel67/c67.aspx

• Advertisement

Goals:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7832141141934746/the_hoops_0002/

Apologies if you get it mixed up with Brazil. :)

Direct link

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There was some very good goals there. Petrovs first was a great move, plenty of passes leading up to the goal and Nakamuras free kick was something special all right. Great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Petrov's goal was incredible. Thats how football should be played.

[edit] - as was Maloneys.

[edit] - as was Petrovs second and Nakamuras free-kick! I can't believe Hartson even considered taking it quickly with Nakamura in the side.

[edit] ... and Petrovs third...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Fantastic Goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It was certainly the best display all season . I hope we play a lot more football like that. Pity Hearts did not slip up though as as for Rangers :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement