Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax deductible

Options
  • 26-10-2005 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

When people say that an expence is tax deductible what does it really mean.If I rent business premisses for E50,000 a year how much of that is tax deductible.If I have turn over of 140,000 how much will I pay tax on if premises are my only expense? Is it a fixed amount,a percentage,or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You need to take a basic business course on finances and taxes.

Tax is based on Adjusted Tax Profits and not accounting profits, although in most cases the two are the same.

To answer your question in relation to the items involved, the full amount of the rent is deductiable as it is an "expense incurred wholly for the purpose of the trade".

When you incurr an expense as that as of the day to day operation of the business this can be deducted from your turnover to arrive at your Profit. This profit figure is then subject to tax.

Advertisement