Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA game: screeshots, reactions, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

What vagga said. It all helps.
    they could have bought the pro evo engine from 2 years ago at a bargain basement price and built on that at least.

I highly doubt it. While this may seem a practical thing to do, it's almost certainly a false economy, given IR Guru's already having an engine and know-how from their AFL games (which are probably closer to GAA than Soccer). Nevermind that Konami are very unlikely to be willing to sell a PES engine of any sort. They have mostly likely not engineered the code this way nor have they shown any interest or focus in selling/marketing/developing engines before.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

whiskeyman wrote:
    Remember Max Payne? Great looking... Matrix style cameras.... but it was hopeless to play!!

I remember Max Payne, but just not the way you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea, that first max payne game won **** loads of game of the year awards that year..

Its problem was that it was too 'linear' but what it did, it did very well :)

leitrim might win sam in it!we dont have a hope in real life:) oh yeah kiltubrid to win connacht club final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 oblian

Hey all been lurkin for awhile first time posting.Anyway i just wanted to warn ppl that the new GAA game is ****.Yep ****.Did i mention its ****???i got it 3 days before the release date and have played it twice since.If you dont wanna take my word for it rent it first to try it before you buy it.Just wanted to warn ppl so they dont make the same mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

oblian wrote:
    Hey all been lurkin for awhile first time posting.Anyway i just wanted to warn ppl that the new GAA game is ****.Yep ****.Did i mention its ****???i got it 3 days before the release date and have played it twice since.If you dont wanna take my word for it rent it first to try it before you buy it.Just wanted to warn ppl so they dont make the same mistake
    Obviously someone not happy they aint getting any royalties...
    I think we'll make up our own minds after reading more in-depth reviews and playing a demo / renting it etc...

whiskeyman wrote:
    Obviously someone not happy they aint getting any royalties...

ok maybe i should point out i am a uni student and have no ties to the GAA.However i wont be shocked when i see alot of people who dislike the game too.

oblian wrote:
    ok maybe i should point out i am a uni student and have no ties to the GAA.However i wont be shocked when i see alot of people who dislike the game too.
    at least give us reasons why you think its so poor.
    Break it down into the usuals:
    Sound
    Gameplay
    Value for money
    Graphics
    etc...

Dont go around saying something without backing it up.

apologies,as i said its my first time posting.

ok

Gameplay (or lack thereof) is very poor, the controls are not very responsive and feel like there should have been alot more effort put into them.Tackling for example,you can tackle 50 times and not win the ball once and if you sprint for more then 2 seconds you get penalised,shooting is a joke and the keeper is on auto pilot half the times and is all over the shop!

Graphics:look half as good as they should.Players and stadia look more like they are still wire based graphics rather then properly filled out models and look real blocky

Value for money:do not be surprised to see alot of copies of this game going back to the shops and ending up in the bargain bin

There may be gamers who like it but for those who have been waiting on this game they are gonna be let down.Again just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just outta vuriousity where did you get it before the release date???

• Advertisement

im a computer technician and have a good few "friends" :cool: actually the guy is coming to collect the game now im sending it back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

i understand that you hate it but seriously dont waste our time and your own posting a thread like this.

its not just that i hate it i wanted to let others know so they didnt waste their money on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

so it wasn't a fully offical copy then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Could be a beta release.

it is a fully official full copy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was playing it in GAME on dawson street today and i have to echo what oblian said.

it's dirt the controls are unresponsive and the animations are wooden

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah, i was looking at the back of the box the other day and the graphics looked like they belong on the PS1, not the dying days of the generation above it. tis a shame they made such a cruddy game out of it. not the biggest GAA fan myself but it would have been nice to have a good GAA game... if not only to keep all ye boggers amused :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I admit Im not a GAA fan and all I've seen of it is a video in gamestop but I have to say the graphics are of PS1 quality as Cremo said. Dunno what the gameplay's like but considering its the first attempt at a GAA game id say there'll be a couple of flaws at least. since it's aimed at such a tiny market (it won't sell to anyone but GAA fans in Ireland) I'd assume the development budgets were very small indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

I know it's not out till tomorrow, but did anyone play it yet by chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Greenbean wrote:
    I highly doubt it. While this may seem a practical thing to do, it's almost certainly a false economy, given IR Guru's already having an engine and know-how from their AFL games (which are probably closer to GAA than Soccer). Nevermind that Konami are very unlikely to be willing to sell a PES engine of any sort. They have mostly likely not engineered the code this way nor have they shown any interest or focus in selling/marketing/developing engines before.

read all the afl games out of curiosity upon hearing about this GAA game and most seem to think the engine was woeful. yeah, they made an engine. not a good one though.

also, konami sold the pro evo engine to ea for fifa06 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Hi

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere (searching disabled) but I bought the new GAA game on Thursday 10th Nov from GAME in Liffey Valley.

Apparently some other store broke the embargo so others followed.

The game is OK, pity about the players not having real names etc.

A bit on the slow side and the backgrounds do make you wonder was the game rushed out........

3/5 in my book.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

slumped wrote:
    Hi

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere (searching disabled) but I bought the new GAA game on Thursday 10th Nov from GAME in Liffey Valley.

Apparently some other store broke the embargo so others followed.

The game is OK, pity about the players not having real names etc.

A bit on the slow side and the backgrounds do make you wonder was the game rushed out........

3/5 in my book.

S

Would you recommend buying it or should i rent it first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

rent it first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Was the release date for this pushed back a lot? You'd think with all the time IR gurus had they would have put some effort into it. Sure it's nice that you have the option of playing through Irish, but they could at least have given the players names, even made up ones. It looks horrible, it plays horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I admit Im not a GAA fan and all I've seen of it is a video in gamestop but I have to say the graphics are of PS1 quality as Cremo said. Dunno what the gameplay's like but considering its the first attempt at a GAA game id say there'll be a couple of flaws at least. since it's aimed at such a tiny market (it won't sell to anyone but GAA fans in Ireland) I'd assume the development budgets were very small indeed...

You'd think that the GAA themselves would invest in this game and put some money towards it. After all they're bloody loaded with all those "fixed" replays that they have.

TC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

danniemcq wrote:
    Just outta vuriousity where did you get it before the release date???

Retailers got it a few days ago, they just weren't allowed to sell it until the 'official release date', which is today.

anyone else played it yet?
    Thinking about getting it later and getting mates round for a championship :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Bought it this morning.
    The sub-par graphics people moan about are all down to the default camera angle, change that and the game looks similar to any of the more recent Fifas.
    The gameplay takes a little getting used to, but after a couple of hours, it'll be childsplay.

Advertisement