Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA game: screeshots, reactions, etc

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the gameplay shouldnt take getting used to. its muck!!

graphics: Muck....the players float around as if they are on an electric foot ball table and i wouldnt be suprised if they just start spinning for no reason
    Gameplay: Muck

How anyone can say this game is good is beyond me. oh wow our national sport has its own game..... that is absolutely terrible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

screenshots anyone?? please please:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

a few threads down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rented it out...

At first play, I had to admit.. "well, this is rubbish..".
    Played a few games with a mate... got some passes together.. a few scores and had a good laugh.
    The graphics arent the best, but I couldnt care about that... gameplay is all important for these games.
    I felt the control "sticky" and hard to move where you want it.
    Passing was also hard and the power bar is nearly impossible to see.
    Tackling is a really button bashing affair... and kicking doesnt feel clean at all.
    The novelty factor was evident throughout, and we still had great fun playing it.
    My mate said he'd buy it... I'm not 100% won though.

Saying that though, it is a starting base.
    I hope it does well, so it can only improve for the next series.

Dont expect much from this game, or you will be heavily disappointed.
    I expected some sort of GAA game... and we got it. It's needs a lot of improvement, but at least now we have a starting ground.

If I was to give it a score out of ten (for all the usuals...sound, graphics, playability), I'd probably give it 3/10.... but the novelty of playing a GAA game pushes it up to 5/10 at least.

Not sure many will want to part with €50 for this, but if I got it as a pressie, I'd be well happy :) and I think thats going to fuel its success for Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

no novelty for me though so id stick it back down to 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

If you are being serious, then consider me shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Greenbean wrote:
    If you are being serious, then consider me shocked.
    look at the box of fifa06. it says there in black & white. it was also touted as such by the press before release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I bought it, it sort of reminds of PES5, at first you don't like the feel of it at all. But after many hours of gameplay, its quality and realism shine-through. A must-have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

i understand that you hate it but seriously dont waste our time and your own posting a thread like this.

whats your problem, he doesnt like it, and its right he should warn others about a crap game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

also, konami sold the pro evo engine to ea for fifa06 :)

that's brilliant. pity the gap is still there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

Vagabond,

How it really works:

You buy the game.
    They make money.
    They think "That was easy, let's slap any old thing together, the bought the last one"
    Hello GGF '06.

EA are a good case of the above.
    Their Fifa franchise has lost so much ground on Pro Evo.
    Interesting about Fifa 06 and Pro Evo engine though.
    How does it compare to the latest Pro Evo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it doesnt compare at all*

*based on Pro Evo 5 for PC and FIFA 06 for PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Anyone played Gaelic Games Football yet then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Anyone played Gaelic Games Football yet then?
    yes. it's a pretty bad affair. which i expected. but with awful graphics and a basic engine, the LAST thing you expect is slowdown ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

yes. it's a pretty bad affair. which i expected. but with awful graphics and a basic engine, the LAST thing you expect is slowdown ffs

Will still get to number 1 on our charts though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

D-Generate wrote:
    Will still get to number 1 on our charts though.....
    easily...but as I pointed out earlier, it probably wont be down to the end-user purchasing it.
    I can see many aunts/uncles etc.. wondering what to get little Jimmy... remember he like the gaa... has a playstation... so they'll get him this.
    When they phone up to see if he already has it, they find out he hasnt (because he doesnt want to shell out 50 quid for a game thats not worth it...).
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 oblian

Gizzard wrote:
    whats your problem, he doesnt like it, and its right he should warn others about a crap game

cheers man,and i wasnt suprised when whiskey gave it 3 outta 10 nor was i surprised when my mate told me yesterday the first 100 ppl who got the game were back in within a day.said he had never seen it before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

At first I thought it was sh i te I couldn't score a point to save my life or pass the ball to a player games where ending 0-1 - 1-6 on the easiest level but then I changed the camera angle and started scroreing points and goals!

This has greatly improved the gameplay and now I'm enjoying it!

The commentry can be a repetative, the stadiums look super but the crowd look dreadful!

The worst thing about it is the player names! There has got to be a site out there that has a list of names you can input to it!

7/10 it's good give it a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

does anybody know if the max drive would work to transfer player names to the gaa game?

does anybody have a list of all the real names for the gaa game?

thanks in advance,
    Looder

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hahahahahah!!!
    I almost did a RL roflmao when I saw this travesty!

How people say it's an even remotely decent "game" is beyond me.
    I suspect the dark forces of patriotism are at work again >_< Please do not buy this game -- EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh it looks terrible i was gonna buy it for the laugh but i dont think i'll bother wasting my money...

when news first broke about the gaa game there was news that there'd actually be two gaa games one officially licenced by the gaa with all stadium etc.. and one licenced by the GPA will all the names but no stadium, proper jerseys etc....

anyone hear anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

This game is rubbish! Every time Mayo reaches the final an error message pops up. :)

Advertisement