Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin Electronics

Options
  • 26-10-2005 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

How good is this store? People I've talked to about it make it sound like an Aladdin's cave of gadgets and devices but it is a bit of a walk from where I live...

I need a variable AC adapter for an American hub - I'm wondering would they have such a thing?

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

May the power of the triforce bring you great honour and happiness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Yes it is a veritable Aladdins cave of electronic gadgets and stuff. More of the build it yourself nerdy variety than the fashion accessory variety however so probably not the place to go for an IPOD. They can be pricey for some stuff (computer parts for instance) but for sheer variety of widgets they are hard to beat. They have an online catalog at http://www.maplin.co.uk/?userid=arm_CJgadgets&AID=10300991&PID=1233757
    so you can check out the sort of things they sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I find their prices expensive, especially in the PC stuff and with a PC World next door....but to be fair they do have alot of variety. Great place to just kinda wander around and look at all the wierd parts for things you've never heard of*

*I don't really do this often, honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

*I don't really do this often, honest

My bull**** detector is going wild!!!

My bull**** detector is going wild!!!

Actually a build it yourself bull*** detector is just the sort of thing Maplin might sell - all powered by a 9V battery of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Steer clear from maplin. The only things you should buy are cans of air anything else is a waste of your money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

But we need a variable adaptor?where else can you get one in galway?

Yes Maplin's are dear for some items (notably PC components) but they have some bargains too. I'd say they are the perfect place to buy an adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ring them maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hmm... went there, sales guy seemed completely clueless. On-line buying for me from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

simu wrote:
    Hmm... went there, sales guy seemed completely clueless. On-line buying for me from now on!

Someone told me CT Electrical (on the Sean Mulvey Rd between the Tuam Rd and Tescos) would be the place to get a variable AC adapter.
    I strees 'Someone told me'

• Advertisement
Advertisement