Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave has been crap all week

• 27-10-2005 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Ripwave has been crap all week. Im getting so sick of watching my status bar go 1%, 5%, 7%... etc..

so fkng slow. hate them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

that because Ripwave IS crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

try to be at least constructive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

They are updating the Ripwave software between 9am and 1pm each day this week, did you not get an e-mail from them? Yesterday my version went from 4.1.3 to 4.3. It was behaving very badly since Friday night, but after I reset the modem yesterday I am getting 480kbps (out of the advertised 512kbps), which I was getting before the upgrade!! But it certainly is more consistent than it was. Luckily I have the attic converted in to a bedroom and I live in Ballinteer right beneath 3 rock and I have the Ripwave in the attic. I always have both green lights working on the modem. So for Ripwave to work properly,do a reset, turn the fecker off and on, try and locate it up in the highest part of the house, near a window. I seem to be the only one happy with it on here and for €19 per month it's good value. I hasten to add that I don't play games or use it regularly for VOIP and I wouldn't like to be depending on it for any life or death internet activity! My brother who lives near the Coombe hospital is considering getting it. Is it any good in that area anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Important Notice from Irish Broadband - Planned network maintenance on Ripwave has been scheduled between Monday 24th - Friday 28th Oct 2005.

Dear Customer,

Irish broadband is upgrading its Ripwave network next week. On Monday 24th Oct between the hours of 9am – 1pm we will be upgrading all of our Ripwave base-stations, this will mean a small outage of approximately 15 mins per base station.

From Monday evening through to Friday evening 28th Oct we would ask that you please leave your Ripwave modems ‘Turned On’ as this will also allow us to upgrade your modem with the latest version of software.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regard’s

Irish Broadband Customer Services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I never got that.

Typical.

Mine has been crap since last weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement