Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB price ??

• 27-10-2005 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bring this up here , and tbh I feel rather stupid for doing so and not being able to figure this out myself .

Reading throught the forums tonight I saw a thread discussing different BB providers and some of their pricing . I thought the prices quoted were wrong and was going to correct same but felt I better check my bill first and then the eircom site .

I have had Eircom BB homestarter 1024/128 for the last year now and on checking my bill I am paying 33.10 plus vat per month . On the web site it seems the same package is 29.99 inc. vat per month . Which am I reading wrong ? or am I missing something basic here ?

John

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Eircom are scum.

The €29 is only for new customers, not old customers.

Unlike other companies like BT, Eircom don't believe in passing on saving to thier new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

And it's just a promotional offer as well, meaning that after a year (not sure of the exact number of months), they will start billing you €40 instead of €30.

Go with another provider such as BT Ireland (if you can get it) or Digiweb and save yourself a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Aha , as I headed off to bed last night i was thinking it might be something like that . Got up this morning and started off through their site looking for prices . If you dig deep enough you will find it , but on the main pricing page it is not there , nor is it referred to .

Shouldn't this have a little * or something to draw peoples attention to it , it is after all the pricing page , not the special offer page .And yes , I know I am nit picking .

BTW the offer seems to end on march 31st at which time you go on to the standard charge .

John

Advertisement