Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothing No No's

• 27-10-2005 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead is very pass remarkable and can often be seen strutting down Grafton St throwing out snide comments about peoples fashion sense.Sometimes they hear me and get angry but eventually they realise i'm right and i'm only trying to help them.Tough love if you please.
    Now Pighead realises hes a big hit with the ladies and he doesnt want that to change any time soon so I urge you all to not get offended by my Clothing No No's:
    I HATE the boots over your jeans thing. And I think the longer your boots are, the stupider it looks.If you insist on the Jeans Tucked Into Boots thing, the boots need heels, or you're just going to look stumpy. Stumpy :mad:

I can't stand it when you girls have the top of your thongs or whatever on show. I mean okay if you don't realise it but when you have it showing on purpose, Pigheads getting his wallet out and is asking how much you charge for a half hours service.

And the FCUK tshirts they say things like 'fancy a FCUK' 'great FCUK' 'FCUK you Pighead' etc, its not big and its not clever. its just stupid.

Last but definitely not least is coloured denim (i.e. black, white or even worse, pink jeans).Anything but navy/blue makes your arse look big and is not at all pleasing to the eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Skangers wearing pink tracksuit bottoms when they're about a size 20... ewwww. Usually worn with huge hoop earrings. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

excellent...well said.
    You've got to be cruel to be kind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Those stupid skater shoes on girls.
    They make you look like a bobblehead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Skangers wearing pink tracksuit bottoms when they're about a size 20... ewwww. Usually worn with huge hoop earrings. :eek:
    Ah yes good one.And if that wasn't bad enough they tend to have JUICY SEXY or TRAMP emblazoned across their flabby arses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Pighead wrote:
    I HATE the boots over your jeans thing. And I think the longer your boots are, the stupider it looks.If you insist on the Jeans Tucked Into Boots thing, the boots need heels, or you're just going to look stumpy. Stumpy :mad:

And the FCUK tshirts they say things like 'fancy a FCUK' 'great FCUK' 'FCUK you Pighead' etc, its not big and its not clever. its just stupid.

Pighead obviously doesnt know much about "style" as the boots over jeans thing is extremely in fashion for ther ladies. I agree with you it looks horrific though.

And anything with FCUK on it should be incinerated. Garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Me thinks Pighead might have a surpressed penchant for the man love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kiss103

short sleeve shirts( not T-Shirts ) on guys , definitely a fashion Faux Pas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ballooba wrote:
    Me thinks Pighead might have a surpressed penchant for the man love.
    Methinks ballooba is a a man who has sex with and is supported by a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Superman had it right with the underwear on the outside of his costume. A true pioneer in fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The Troll wrote:
    the boots over jeans thing is extremely in fashion for ther ladies

This just goes to show what morons these people are for following a trend. I also think the boots thing is horrid, especially with those mingin' ugg boots. What kind of crackhead would follow along, lemming-like, with such a mass display of bad taste?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kiss103 wrote:
    short sleeve shirts( not T-Shirts ) on guys , definitely a fashion Faux Pas
    NOOOOO! /hugs breezy shirt for dear life
    Oh and I like those skater shoes on girls.....

What I do not like are clothes that nike,adidas,kappa, etc make...all of it!!!

Sangre wrote:
    Those stupid skater shoes on girls.
    They make you look like a bobblehead.
    Have you got a problem with comfortable shoes?

Have you got a problem with comfortable shoes?

It's true. It's hard beat skater shoes for comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

They are the comfiest shoes going, I don't think they look stupid unless you customize them...like I did...O_o DUCK LACES.

...........you killed ducks and laced your shoes with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That was the plan...untill I came accross a pair of blue laces with little yellow ducks printed on them..

Oh right....makes more sense. Stops teh blood I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Yeh but comfort isn't always cool. I agree with pighead 100%.

Gotta add in something else though. You know the kinda grey pajama-like bottoms girls half the girls in UCD are wearing at the moment. where they've cut the bottom of them into flares, and have them rolled a bit at the top. They look like something you'd see a bum going around in. In this day and age its a real shame to see hot girls looking so ****. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

DC's are the comfiest things for feet in the world!

Pighead you have you're fashion sense right, well, done!

Jeans in boots, EUCH! and especially any boots with fur! What the fcuk!

No one wants to see you're ass or whatever is supposed to be covering it, pull up your pants! Builder bums on girls are not nice! *me glares at girl in class*

FCUK t-shirts are gay, smarter comments, like a plane black t-shirt with small white print across the chest saying "Take a harder look" or something is far more entertaining!

PINK AND WHITE jeans should burn in hell! You expect to hear a "beep, beep, beep" when you see a woman wear these!

Velour (fake velvety stuff) tracksuits, or in fact all tracksuits but especially the pink velour ones!

Really cheapy nylon clothes, nylon rarely if ever works.

Big hoopy earrings, of the knacker style or plane, NO!

Hair permantly up in a high pony tail, pulled back to the last.

Shell toe shoes!

Anything made by a sporting goods company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    You know the kinda grey pajama-like bottoms girls half the girls in UCD are wearing at the moment. where they've cut the bottom of them into flares, and have them rolled a bit at the top. They look like something you'd see a bum going around in. In this day and age its a real shame to see hot girls looking so ****. :confused:

Fat pants 7 euro mens department in Dunnes available in grey navy and black.I love them.i'm wearing a navy pair right now in a mens large.They're huge i'm 5ft2 and they are like 5 inches too long and i'm a size 10/12 and the waist is I'd say around 16/18.if you haven't worn them then you can't judge they are the comfiest trousers ever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Guys just seem to be against anything remotely comfortable on girls! Skate shoes and uggs are so comfortable. Tracksuit bottoms too. I'm not going to wear high heels and miniskirts every day-or ever for that matter. I don't own a pair of heels because I don't want to get sore feet from just walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I feel a kinship with pighead, I also pass alot of remarks on peoples clothes...within earshot :)...sometimes they make it too easy though! Especially with fat man pants tucked into uggs, it's a sad thing...My personal fashion hate is the Female Mullet, as seen in hairdressers everywhere. It wasn't a good look twenty+ years ago, IT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK NOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

they are the comfiest trousers ever!!!

Amen to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

rb_ie wrote:
    Amen to that!
    Girls, Tae Kwon Do pants are the comfiest pants ever! and look better than those yokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Are jeans not comfortable? Tracksuit pants look ugly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    Yeh but comfort isn't always cool. I agree with pighead 100%.

Gotta add in something else though. You know the kinda grey pajama-like bottoms girls half the girls in UCD are wearing at the moment. where they've cut the bottom of them into flares, and have them rolled a bit at the top. They look like something you'd see a bum going around in. In this day and age its a real shame to see hot girls looking so ****. :confused:
    with regards to shoes/runners i'll take comfort over "cool" anyday.

that's why i wear skate shoes 99% of the time

simu wrote:
    Are jeans not comfortable? Tracksuit pants look ugly imo.

Jeans are the last thing I'll think of wearing when I'm getting dressed tbh.
    Much prefer to wear chinos,cargo pants,cords, o'neills or sweats, they just seem alot more comfortable.I still wear jeans quite often though.

Le Rack wrote:
    Girls, Tae Kwon Do pants are the comfiest pants ever! and look better than those yokes!
    *high-fives Le Rack*

TKD pants are great :)
    *is wearing my spare pair at home now*
    i'm wearing a navy pair right now in a mens large.They're huge i'm 5ft2 and they are like 5 inches too long and i'm a size 10/12 and the waist is I'd say around 16/18.
    Is that not incredibly annoying, having 5 inches of tracksuit bottom dragging around under your feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Skater shoes are just horrible. Sorry ladies. My sixteen year old sister recently customised a pair with mismatching laces, and spent hours telling me. Arrrrrgh. Also included are any form of white runner worn in a fashion context.

Tulip skirts, which are making a bit of a comeback can be a bit odd. The jeans tucked into boots thing can work on certain ladies, but when I see it, all I can think is "Where is your horse, or husky dogs?" (depending on whether they're leather boots or uggs)

gyspy skirts. (Thanks be to god they're dying out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

i hate uggs.. they are horrible..

Shrimp wrote:
    i hate uggs.. they are horrible..

Then why do you wear them? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... I'm a little dissapointed that this is more mild peeves than discussing some serious no-no's as it were. I often quite like it when women are wearing what would be considered faux pas, such as leg warmers. Damn, leg warmers look damn.

Although, I will say that the sooner that god damn FCUK ****e and the oh-so-hilarious spin offs like FCEK are dead and buried, the better.

rb_ie wrote:
    Then why do you wear them? :p

em, yes........ .... ... .. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Le Rack wrote:

Plus, you never know when a ninja is waiting behind the nearest door!

Although, I will say that the sooner that god damn FCUK ****e and the oh-so-hilarious spin offs like FCEK are dead and buried, the better.

I agree, though they've got their own stores(imagine that, whole stores full of that shi'ite ) which apparently are doing quite well so they'll be around for quite some time to come I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Is that not incredibly annoying, having 5 inches of tracksuit bottom dragging around under your feet?

Not at all it makes them comfier if you get me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

ridiculous t shirts guys wear with "controversial" slogans emblazoned on them, as inspired by the FCUK generation. they're just attention seeking and childish to me. also why oh why did certain hairdressers attempt to bring back the mullet...on girls? its awful.
    oh well how about, I just hate fashion in general.

So what if they're comfortable?
    Im wearing a comfy dressing gown at the moment, that doesn't mean I'd go out in it.

Often made worse by the accompanying grungy skater look...blegh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Actually, I've started to see girls walking around with baggy tracksuit pants tucked into boots. What an absolutely minging look!!!

The comofortable argument doesn't work for me. Not when it makes you look like a walking baglady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

The skank look is in right now; baggy tracksuit pants in boots, orange face, messed up, straw-like hair. No the one that really gets to me is the girls in pyjamas all over town in the middle of the day. Someone needs to tell them to wake up or something!

• Advertisement

dudara wrote:
    Actually, I've started to see girls walking around with baggy tracksuit pants tucked into boots. What an absolutely minging look!!!

The comofortable argument doesn't work for me. Not when it makes you look like a walking baglady

How do you know how it feels to wear them?from what you have posted I doubt you have ever worn them

Good job on missing the point completely Aisling)()()()PLK:_)()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

UGG are out of FASHION!! NEWS FLASH!! They went out over a year ago! SO why oh why are most the girls I know still wearing them?? With ugly man pants! I'm all for comfort for a day perhaps but other than that looking good is important! Whatever happened to cool fashion? Is it just in the magazines now? I for one am a fashion junkie! Not fashion of stupid dublin people who think man pants look hot but rather the runways of Paris, New York and London! Bring back class girls! Be an individual, create your own look and for god sake bin those ugly uggs!! You should be arrested for wearing them!!

d4gurl wrote:
    UGG are out of FASHION!! NEWS FLASH!! They went out over a year ago! SO why oh why are most the girls I know still wearing them?? With ugly man pants! I'm all for comfort for a day perhaps but other than that looking good is important! Whatever happened to cool fashion? Is it just in the magazines now? I for one am a fashion junkie! Not fashion of stupid dublin people who think man pants look hot but rather the runways of Paris, New York and London! Bring back class girls! Be an individual, create your own look and for god sake bin those ugly uggs!! You should be arrested for wearing them!!

Pity stuck up arrogant attitudes like this wouldn't go out of fashion?

I seen I'd say the guts hundred pairs of Uggs going about yesterday on these D4 wannabes. I think they look crap, they do nothing for the girls in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I'd say most people use this attitude as benchmark of sorts. How not to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Why do these irish lads bend the peaks of there caps into almost a V :confused: , crumbs that looks stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Pity prejudice attitudes like this won't go out of fashion! I love how everyone jumps to conclusions about people who they don't know on these boards! It really does reflect on the narrow-mindedness of today’s society and shucks you all thought I was a dumb bimbo!:eek: :p

d4gurl wrote:
    Pity prejudice attitudes like this won't go out of fashion! I love how everyone jumps to conclusions about people who they don't know on these boards! It really does reflect on the narrow-mindedness of today’s society and shucks you all thought I was a dumb bimbo!:eek: :p

"Prejudice attitudes"? Prejudice against what exactly? Though it's funny you mumble some half-baked point about jumping to conclusions, yet I never said "Dumb bimbo" or anything of the sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 coffee_chucker

Muffin Tops... girls who wear jeans/trousers two sizes too small :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement