Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothing No No's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw too much of that today in town. Girls wearing O'Neills/Canterbury pants with the waistband turned down, creating a lovely muffin look

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Those adidas shell-toe trainers look great imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

White superstars aren't great, but some of those special edition ones issued for the anniversary celebrations are damn nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I think that the shortsa nd waistcoats trend is nice but what is with girls getting a waistcoat two sizes to small and having their tits bursting out of it just looks slutty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ehm, I thought that was the (w)hole point? :D

God love yez all when you get to my ripe old age...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Skanger uniformsa, white shell suits, knacker soverign rings/earrings, 90 degree caps, adidas runners...ew ew ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

*high-fives Le Rack*

TKD pants are great
    *is wearing my spare pair at home now*

Go Kirby I wear my spare one the whole time!

just fashion in general, I hate it!
    I wear what I want to wear and don't give a fcuk what other people think, like last night I was out and I had a black just above knee length skirt on, a white "straight jacket" style shirt and a bright pink chord blazer with black leather boots, and yeah I got some damn good attention but then you get the drunken louts that shout at you whilst staggering to their cars and shout abuse at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Troll wrote:
    Pighead obviously doesnt know much about "style" as the boots over jeans thing is extremely in fashion for ther ladies. I agree with you it looks horrific though.

Actually I read in the paper on Friday that jeans tucked into boots is no longer fashionable, most particularily if they are Ugg boots.

Either way it was a hiddeous look and only acceptable if it was pi**ing rain and you had to get to work and didn't want wet legs for the rest of the day. And you were planning to release the bottom of your jeans the instant you got back indoors. Even then it was only ok if you were wearing a very long coat to hide the joke you were making out of your legs.

I had to do that twice two years ago, I dread to think some evil fashion mogul saw me and I inspired the trend!:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but tucking your tracksuit pants into your white socks?!?! Who the fup thought up of this little gem! Usually accompanied with the whole pink t-shirt thing. Skangers eh.

• Advertisement

bit of a wacko jacko throw back by the sounds of things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

iguana wrote:
    Actually I read in the paper on Friday that jeans tucked into boots is no longer fashionable, most particularily if they are Ugg boots.

Either way it was a hiddeous look and only acceptable if it was pi**ing rain and you had to get to work and didn't want wet legs for the rest of the day. And you were planning to release the bottom of your jeans the instant you got back indoors. Even then it was only ok if you were wearing a very long coat to hide the joke you were making out of your legs.

I had to do that twice two years ago, I dread to think some evil fashion mogul saw me and I inspired the trend!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I REALLY REALLY hate this look - it is sooo common!!! Why do so many girls want to look like clones??? Can you not come up with your own fashion sense!!!!

ravenhead wrote:
    I REALLY REALLY hate this look - it is sooo common!!! Why do so many girls want to look like clones??? Can you not come up with your own fashion sense!!!!
    My thoughts exactly! I like to refer to them as sheep, me being a black one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I quite like skater shoes myself. Just got a really comfy pair of red ones from pull and bear on Sat, which I'm wearing today with a pair of faded blue levis that are flared at the end. I move that it is possible to wear comfy clothes and still look nice - discuss!

(Oh and tracksuits tucked into white socks? WTF?!?:eek: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The tracksuits tucked into socks thing seems to be the new thing with skangers... seen loads of teenagers in the Square dressed like that at the weekend :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 captina_planet

i hate those footless tights everyone has now.what next, legless tights? not in the drunk sense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

i dont get why cropped trousers are really in now. take a look outside, it's winter.
    fashion no-no's;
    1. those slipper shoe things that just cover your toes. usually in white. tacky.
    2.skinny jeans. hard to wear well and not worth the hassle, give me flares any day.
    3. body warmers. was unfortunate enough to come across a pink shiny one. ewwww.....
    4. gold hoop earings. all of the slagging and scangers still havnt got the message. please get a clue, they are NEVER going to be in fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was in Dublin last week for a visit and I was so shocked at the clones! Everyone had Abercrombie hoodies or sweats, trousers tucked into boots and the exact same hairstyles. Get a bloody clue! You look like total idiots. Walking around was just pissing me off. On the 145 into town I counted 10 items of Abercrombie and that was the bus ride alone. Don't get me wrong, Abercrombie do nice clothes but when you have "Abercrombie" emblazoned across your ass and tits like every other girl walking down the street you look a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

ah d4 wannabies.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

White shirts especially of the checkered variety.
    Any kind of shirt in general.
    Tommy Jumpers with a shirt collar sticking out.
    Metallica T-shirts
    Dubarry shoes
    Goth look
    Skanger tracksuits
    Anything by Wrangler
    Overly torn bright blue jeans that you'd find in river island
    Blazers with graffiti on them
    Shoes with a buckle across them
    Hip Hop hats put to one side on white people
    The boots with the frilly stuff hanging off them, that girls wear
    The kind of fake velvet tight boots that girls wear that go up to mid shin
    GAA jerseys
    Sporting jerseys of any kind really unless worn at home when lying around
    Them massive beige chords
    Leather pants
    Aran Island woolly jumpers
    Fcuk clothes
    T shirts that have slogans. Unless incredibly witty there just naff
    Von Dutch

All crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

LadyLotts wrote:
    I was in Dublin last week for a visit and I was so shocked at the clones! Everyone had Abercrombie hoodies or sweats, trousers tucked into boots and the exact same hairstyles. Get a bloody clue! You look like total idiots. Walking around was just pissing me off. On the 145 into town I counted 10 items of Abercrombie and that was the bus ride alone. Don't get me wrong, Abercrombie do nice clothes but when you have "Abercrombie" emblazoned across your ass and tits like every other girl walking down the street you look a fool.

Yeah it's getting quite tragic these days.Some girls look really good in it though, but the majority are just strarting to look like total messes.
    Also the amount of abercrombie these days is unbelievable, when I started getting it like a year and a half ago noone had it, now EVERYONE is getting it :mad:
    Oh well.
    I've noticed a huge amount of people are just dressing like others in general, it's like just because someone else looks good in it they think they're going to look good in it and which with the majority of them is not the case.That applys to girls AND guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

let them be a race of clones if they want like, i HATE the thought of looking like everyone else and detested uggs, but tried a friends pair on. jesus, its like wearing your slippers outside, without actually looking like a knacker, and I know what real fear is my area is nicknamed pyjama town ffs. Its horrible.The oneills bottoms and the imonyl out of the bed hair maked me laugh, talking about making yourself look like a dumb ass.

Also these emo people and thier clothes, they say "you laugh at me cause Im different from you, I laugh at you because you look like everyone else"when I say "you muppet you look the exact same as the rest of your muppet freinds' and I like a lot of emo, but come on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

People who wear all black, you dont look cool, you dont look different, you just look sad and unapproachable!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Orange

dubes

why oh why do people wear these?! especially when worn with o'neills *shudder!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People who wear all black, you dont look cool, you dont look different, you just look sad and unapproachable!
    No dude, I look cool.
    Kids these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Sangre wrote:
    Those stupid skater shoes on girls.
    They make you look like a bobblehead.

Awww I love skater shoes...so comfy. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Sorry can someone tell me what skater shoes are??? Never even heard of them before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

mmmm....the growing trend of wearing shorts with tights and boots...*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Yea, tights shorts boots combo is UGLY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PowerPuffGirl

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Sorry can someone tell me what skater shoes are??? Never even heard of them before!

http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/ADI0006/large/c11/s21/Adio-Shoes-Viva-By-Bam-Skate-Shoe-Mens.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

~Leanne~ wrote:

vans, dc's, quiksilver, osiris, etnies......the list goes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

~Leanne~ wrote:
    The comfortable chunky runners of the GODS, I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

:eek: thats because I AM sad and unapproachable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

theres really not that many people even weraing uggs anymore.I just wear them cuz they are so comfortable and easy to throw on when you cant find any other shoes!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Might as well throw in my gripes....:rolleyes:

As already stated 100 times........uggs, brrrr.

Them jeans that are all faded on the thighs and backside......jeez 20 minutes in the shed and my trousers would resembles them and I'd have to clean them off before I'd be seen in them ;). Or cloths that are ripped or stained then sold at rediculous prices? why why why??

Whats with them 'grandad' style jumpers with the cheque patterns and the same design jumpers but without the sleeves? Ekkk, they should be reserved for over 60's.

That 'Gareth Gates' or is it 'Will Young' look? You know, the t-shirt (either stained or some rough written slogan on it), dinner jacket, big flamboyant scarf with the pretty knot (:( ) and the old timer hat at an angle. Not nice at all, pretty boys....brrrr.

Military style clothing, or the jackets that have like corporal or sergeant stripes on them, a bit disrespectful maybe, if ye want army cloths join the army! :D

Just my .02c

CroppyBoy1798

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

if ye want army cloths join the army! :D

Why in gods name would you join the army simply in order to wear clothes? Especially when you can get them at the local Army/Navy store far handier, and you don't have to follow orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well, why wear army cloths pretending to be some army commando or something when you're not in the army?? Its not so much the surplus stuff, heck thats 'proper' army clothing, its the 'brand name' army styled clothing, making it all pretty and such...YUK!

Army clothing should only be seen in one place, in the army, not on someone who thinks they know about the army from playing 'Call of Duty' or something:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

People aren't pretending to be commandos, they just like the style of the clothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Whats with them 'grandad' style jumpers with the cheque patterns and the same design jumpers but without the sleeves? Ekkk, they should be reserved for over 60's.
    http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.futurevision.com.ua/ecommerce/files/items/image64.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.futurevision.com.ua/ecommerce/item.php%3Fid%3D64&h=350&w=350&sz=21&tbnid=BUpffQ4CbZIJ:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&hl=en&start=25&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dargyle%2B%26start%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DeVX%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official_s%26sa%3DN
    the Argly print is nice enough and the vestish ones are lovely.even converse are making Argyle stuff nowhttp://www.zappos.com/images/285/7139285/84887-d.jpg

That 'Gareth Gates' or is it 'Will Young' look? You know, the t-shirt (either stained or some rough written slogan on it), dinner jacket, big flamboyant scarf with the pretty knot (:( ) and the old timer hat at an angle. Not nice at all, pretty boys....brrrr.
    http://www.williamyoung.biz/gal21/january.jpg Its the Will young look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Grammar No No's
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miharu

Capes. They are hideous and make girls look like they have no arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

theres really not that many people even weraing uggs anymore.I just wear them cuz they are so comfortable and easy to throw on when you cant find any other shoes!!!:cool:

I was in NY over the weekend and those UGG things are back with a vengeance up there. Fair enough, it was about -10C with four inches of snow on the ground, but those things are horrific. They seem to have new ones that are even more obnoxious than the ones from a year or two ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hub wrote:
    Any kind of shirt in general.

All crap

I second this and would like to add pants or jeans too. Yup, any kind of jeans, shirts or pants are crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Superman had it right with the underwear on the outside of his costume. A true pioneer in fashion.

:D hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

Why do you hate ugg boots so much? they look cool imo. Not on everyone though. So what if lots of people are wearing them? just shows that alot of people think they look good. all this **** about if too many people like something you can't like it is very, very immature. Wear what you want. Judge people if you want, it's not going to get you any wear :)

Although, completely contradicting myself, chav tracksuits are very annoying. But atleast, I suppose, you know who might rob you and who might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hotpotatoes

love going out in black. whats exactly is wrong with it? I have black skirts and trousers and i posses a multitude of black tops, happen to think the overall effect can be quite elegant sometimes....

that was directed at endurance man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

X-SL wrote:
    Why do you hate ugg boots so much? they look cool imo. Not on everyone though. So what if lots of people are wearing them? just shows that alot of people think they look good. all this **** about if too many people like something you can't like it is very, very immature. Wear what you want. Judge people if you want, it's not going to get you any wear :)

Although, completely contradicting myself, chav tracksuits are very annoying. But atleast, I suppose, you know who might rob you and who might not.

People have a prejudice against those who wear Uggs, Dubes and the likes, just as you do against "chav tracksuit"-wearing people. Your argument is moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if ye want army cloths join the army!

i want to be a fashion sheep, so does that mean i have to go out to a field to get a sheep to wrap around me?

no i'd just go get a pair of ugg's with pre ripped jeans and fake tan myself until i'm orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Big no-no.... pyjamas in public.... why do skangers do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

i hate those footless tights everyone has now.what next, legless tights? not in the drunk sense :D
    Called socks mate.

And the whole posh tracksuits tucked into Uggs with deliberately messed up hair is called "Sloane" here in Cambridge...and has just about taken over:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Enii wrote:
    Big no-no.... pyjamas in public.... why do skangers do this?
    the reason is quite simple,all there tracksuits are in the wash!:v:

• Advertisement
Advertisement