Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to trade in old PES titles for PES5?

Options
  • 27-10-2005 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Well thats it. I have 2,3,4 and am wondering how much will i be getting if i trade say 4 in with another game, Hitman Contracts for example. both are in perfect nick. does anyone have any ideas on where gives the best deal and how much i would have to pay to make up the difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I heard an ad on the radio say that if you traded in 4 games at 'GAME' you get PES5 free.

It did however say that terms and conditions apply.

Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

thanks erin, think i might just take the plunge and buy the game. anyone know where the cheapest retailer is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

GAME if you have a card give you a decent eough deal. I'd still try Gamestop first, just to see how much money you'd get for them, but as far as I know GAME give the best deal.
    Also, you won't get much unless there newish games (ala God of War).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Try smiths! I got it for 49.49! Haven't seen it cheaper!

Smiths also have the trade in 4 games yoke but the games have to be valued over 14.99 each and have booklets! None of the games I tried where worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mr Moon wrote:
    Smiths also have the trade in 4 games yoke but the games have to be valued over 14.99 each and have booklets! None of the games I tried where worth it!
    I'd say Game and others have similar rules.
    I'd doubt you'd get 14 for PES 2,3... and isnt 4 on platnum now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Game Stop take old games back. They'll either give you store credit or cash back. Usually the store credit is worth more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I saw a sign in Game saying trade in PES4 and get PES5 for 30 something quid! If the something was a 9 it's not worth it but if it was a 5 that's not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

An ad in the paper said trade in 4 games in Gamestop with a min value of 11.99 each.

I had a chat yesterday with one of the staff, and he said that although they would except old PES titles, you would not get a tradein value of 11.99 for it - it would be much, much less.

11.99 games would be recent non-sports games and perhaps cricket/rugby games.

@Besty: Assuming you trade in Hitman Contracts & PES4, i reckon you'll get €12 + €5 = €17 off. So, you'd still have to pay another €38 assuming PES5 is €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Svenright

Hey hows the goin,

I traded iss4 last week in game and got 15quid off iss5, which was 50quid (i think)before the discount. Be warned though you have to have the manual with the game which you are trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

my mate went into xtravision the other day and wanted asked how much they'd give him for pes4...the guy the behind the counter looked at his list and said €2...what a joke...they were selling a second hand copy in game for €29.99:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Game used to have an offer where you could trade in your old fat PS2 and 2 games and you would get the slimline PS2 for €60. I went to trade some game and PES3, but they said that they wouldn't take any old soccer or wrestling game (PES4 was just out at the time).

I guess that's something to bear in mind, though they seem to be happily accepting PES4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

34:99 in game shop in Dun laoghaire shopping centre...that was internet prices right there. And i got it day of release too.

Advertisement