Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to play...

Options
  • 27-10-2005 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Intel® Pentium® D 820 (2.8GHz, 800FSB, 2X1MB Cache) [
    Memory - 1024MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x512) Memory
    Monitor - Dell 19" Value Flat Panel (E193FP)
    Video Card - 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 (DVI/VGA/TV-out)
    Hard Drive - 320GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x160GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache]
    Speakers - Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Speaker System

I'm getting this machine from dell next week somestage...
    Now I know it isn't "top" of the line for gaming, the processor isn't the most suited and the gfx is maybe a bit average, but compared to other machines I've played games on before this is a beast...

I haven't been into games in a good while... due to underpowered-ness but I was a big quake1er back in the day for a year or 2, or was it 3 and am looking to try out a few of the newer games...

So what do yas suggest?
    And is there any patches and stuff for the newer games to make em work smoother on dual-type cpus?
    And is there any good "demos" ?
    And what are the best gfx drivers for the above gfx card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

well half life 2 would be a good start, farcry, FEAR(on lower settings)

and of course battlefield 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

quake4 is out now and if u were a fan of the orginal u will like this :)
    the 6800 (ultra/gt/le?) will play FEAR perfectly on res around 1280*1024 (ie ur 19" lcd) wit all eye candy on... does for me anyway (put the textures down to medium tho and same for BF2 if u get it as 2gig is really needed if u want high textures)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thinking of getting that pc, is that G card ne good?
    would it run HL2 smoothly at a good resoultion ?

and or what card would i need to run BF2, FEAR , DOOM3 etc well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

placebo u missed the boat, the pc is now more than 500euros more expensive... it was a slip mistake on dells part :D

i ordered last nite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

seriously ? hahahah
    damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

did u get the order confirmed? cuz that happens to dell alot it seems :p fair play if u did :D
    and the 6800gt is a brillant card granted its not in the same level as the 7800 r X1800 but its half the price too... and will play ALL current games perfectly on standard res

Advertisement