Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the good times gone?

Options
  • 20-09-2001 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Over the last year i have notced the gaming comunity getting a lot more how can i put it nicely "unfreindly" towards new people and it seems gaming now revolves around being the best of the best of the veiw and the strong.

Mabe im wrong but i liked gaming when it was alot more chilled when yea could have a laugh wiv some m8s wiv out them bitching about how the won or lost a game...

Is it just me or has any one else noticed this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HardWired

Nah I figured It's allway's been like that. It really just depends what mood ur m8's r in when U play them. As 4 on-line gameing most of the time was/is a laugh , unless its actully a computition. Even in game's where u actully have 2 get up out of ur chair is the same , lol u ever watch a group of ur m8's play football , its the exact same. HW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Old timers dont critisise you for being new,they will critise you if you write 30lines of utter bollocks with no evidence and it totally bull sh!t.The perfect example is prof.frink..he has been permenantly labeled "meppet" for his post on the PS" in my opinion.
    Just try not to be a muppet and people wont flame you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Personally I believe as games have become more advanced and more and more people can play, it take more and more skill and prectice to become one of the best.

In this way these people see themselves almost in the same image as stars of some kind, or professionals. As such people will boast and in boasting they only serve to dirive the competion to newer highests and cause it all to get even worse.

The reason this leads to unfriendlyness is that same reason as footy players begin boot boys and the like. Those that are good feel that those arent are so less talented than them that they are below them.

However, the people that act this way tend to fat over weight losers with notthing else in their lives but the CS/UT/QW/etc.

Where as most of us that play these games have a social life, play sports,have friends and the like and as such we do not feel the need to justify our worth by picking on those that arent as good as us at computer games.

At the end of the day lets face it "ITS ONLY A GAME!!!" Remember that and well be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

Yeah iv noticed that too have ppl also notice that when playing cs ur having 1 hell of a game , get some jammy head shots and then u get some lill shoite saying u cheat and sparking off a whole "you cheat" thing on the server ? Every1 now days only care weither u win or not but a game is a game it was made to relaxe and entertain ppl no need to take it over the top

Advertisement